Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Wearing a sweater in SoCal, wut?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Man I hate that. Good call.

Kneeling in the endzone/pointing skyward. Yeah God willed that touchdown, Bubba. That's what he's focused on these days.
    Religion in sports. Baseball would be so mug more popular if games took 90 minutes like they did back in the day.

Hugh Conway Guest
    reasonably paced games would be great
    stopping "god bless america" in the post season in baseball.
    having beer guys sell beer in the stands again (maybe they still do in the civilized world)

Sprts are full of dumb traditions, but cheerleaders and podium girls both make up for all of them.

"I'm going to Disneyworld."
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Quote Originally Posted by HansJob View Post
    "I'm going to Disneyworld."
    When I was a kid living in Michigan I saw Joe Dumars say that after one of the Bad Boys titles. Family took a trip to Disneyworld a few weeks later and who do we see eating lunch in the Brown Derby at MGM studios inside the park? Joe Dumars. As a very cynical little kid it blew my mind that the guy who said he was going to Disneyworld actually went to Disneyworld.

Do they still do that?
    I still call it The Jake.

Guest celbrities singing "Take me out to the ballgame" at Cub games. Harry's dead. Leave it alone. And I'm with Tip-hate the tomahawk chop.

why are they getting rid of the Michigan/Notre Dame game? Talk about a tradition in sports thats not stupid.

saying Disneyworld instead of Disneyland.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

TV timeouts

milk at Indy.... never understood that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Leave the country. Now.

Seriously, have you no idea how sweet Lady of Spain sounds on the pipes?
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

Screaming "Oh" during the national anthem or "red" or really anything during the national anthem at all.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    For realz, but what the fuck happens to the t-shirts & lids from the losing team that are already printed?
    there really isn't that many out there. a friend owned a shop that had the contract a few times for the Pats and the Sox. They would watch the second half or last innings at the shop...all the employees. It they won they started printing. NFL and MLB would have people on site watching...hard core! No freebees or sneaking extra runs.

Quote Originally Posted by PaSucks View Post
    Tell em Reg
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    saying Disneyworld instead of Disneyland.
    world in florida, land in LA.
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You ever been in the ring?
    Yes. But it was the Golden Gloves and they don't put up with that sort of nonsense. I know a fair amount of MMA fighters through jim-jitsu, and the community is actually quite close knit. The stare-down is simply theatre.

Kinda surprised this hasn't already been mentioned, but this chaps me to no end...

Notre Fucking Dame on NBC for life

Sweet Caroline at Fenway. Hurts my brain..

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    milk at Indy.... never understood that one.
    Dumb Hoosiers. They still haven't forgiven the great Emerson Fittipaldi for drinking the orange juice:

It is a REAL tradition though:

Milk:

Louis Meyer requested a glass of buttermilk after winning his second Indy 500 race in 1933. After winning his third title in 1936, he requested another glass but instead received a bottle. He was captured by a photographer in the act of swigging from the bottle while holding up three fingers to signify the third win. A local dairy company executive recognized the marketing opportunity in the image and, being unaware Meyer was drinking buttermilk, offered a bottle of milk to the winners of future races. Milk has been presented each year since then apart from 1947 to 1955. Modern drivers are offered a choice of whole, 2%, and skim.

At the 1993 Indianapolis 500, winner Emerson Fittipaldi, who owned and operated an orange grove, notoriously drank orange juice instead of milk following the win (which led to him being booed at the next ChampCar race in Milwaukee, the heart of dairy country). He eventually relented and also drank milk later in the post-race ceremonies.

My niece worked for the Indiana dairy association. Chocolate is not an option because they think everyone would choose chocolate.

high divers toweling off with the little chammy cloth before hitting the hot tub.
    b

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    high divers toweling off with the little chammy cloth before hitting the hot tub.
    b
    You watching that closely? NTTIAWWT.

the little chinese girls
    b

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    the little chinese girls
    b
    I'd towel her:

The Wave.
    Yelling the name of the guy who just ran or caught a pass and his name rhymes with "boo".
    That idiot Boston hockey announcer who yells "whoo"--"whoo" is for girls.
    The Star Spangled Banner as entertainment--the fans should be singing it.
    Red Sox beards. (But Stanley Cup beards are cool--fun to see who can't grow one, like Crosby.)
    Hockey fights, especially between guys who aren't even mad at each other and one guy is just trying to get his team going. Aren't those guys paid a lot to play hard. And the worst are teams starting a lot of fights when their butts are getting kicked. Take your butt-kicking like a man. (And have I ever been in a hockey fight? Yes, twice. And in both cases me and the other guy were such bad skaters that as we threw punches we drifted apart and never managed to hit each other.)