Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Small price to pay for comfort. If you run a tight ship with carryon it might be tough to smush those things into your backpack. So then you're reduced to wearing or using a clip to attach it to the outside of your carryon (or fanny pack, NTTAWWT). I've had enough misery related to head bobbing on flights to appreciate the sartorial disregard of wearing the pillow. Alas, still don't own one of those things and one day hope to join the ranks of the DGAF pillow people.
    i’m a flying jong and like it that way. flying to Hawaii i was jealous of the veterans that had a horseshoe pillow. damn right i was getting one for the flight home! i tell you what,
    best thing i did and DGAF, rocked it like The Boz wore his.
    bF
    Alpental Indigenous

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Inflatable neck pillow. no sore necks nor embarrassment walking between gates
    Probably the best option. My heart is really there with the natural, plush pillow though - irrational or not. At this point, I just admire those with the courage to rock the neck pillow. Must be so luxurious mid-flight. My token airplane hoodie does the job for now.

I think neck pillows in flight rock. It’s the people wearing them as they walk from the parking lot, into the terminal, down to the gates, and sitting at an eatery that give me amusement. Perhaps I’m easily amused. I’d love it if you folks would post some pics of yourself walking around wearing yours.
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I think neck pillows in flight rock. It’s the people wearing them as they walk from the parking lot, into the terminal, down to the gates, and sitting at an eatery that give me amusement. Perhaps I’m easily amused. I’d love it if you folks would post some pics of yourself walking around wearing yours.
    People's bizarre behavior at airports and on airplanes never ceases to amaze me....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Take it to the amaze me thread, Brit

1) stuck in city street traffic watching the Uber driver horrendously attempt to parallel park and me not noticing until he gets out of the car that he parked in front of and blocking the parking garage exit ramp

2) the construction site across the street where the sign read "1 day since last lost work time accident"

Police say an armed 41-year-old man was shot by a woman as he was trying to break into her home early Thursday.

It happened in the 600 block of Riverside Drive in Seattle’s South Park neighborhood.

Police say the homeowner called 911 just after midnight to report that she had just shot a man who was trying to break into her home.

The woman is believed to have shot the man from the home's roof while he was outside trying to break in.

When officers arrived, they found a man behind the home with a gunshot wound to the shoulder and a handgun on the ground nearby.

The homeowner, who was still on the roof when officers arrived, continued to hold the burglar at gunpoint for at least an hour until police could coax her down.

Once the woman with the rifle came down and it was safe for medics to come into the area, the suspect was taken to Harborview Medical Center with serious injuries.

Police found multiple bullet holes in the exterior of the home. They are believed to have been caused by gunshots fired by the burglar after he was shot by the homeowner.

Officers interviewed and released the woman as the investigation continues.

Police say they arrested two other men who fled the scene in a car as officers arrived. Police booked the 38-year-old driver and his 24-year-old passenger into the King County Jail
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

A man went on vacation, entrusting the care and feeding of his cat to his friend who also happened to live next door. A few days into his trip, his phone rang. His friend and cat keeper was on the other end. “Hey, man. I’m really sorry, but your cat got up on the roof and fell off and died. I thought they were always supposed to land on their feet, but I guess yours didn’t get the memo.” The man was not only extremely distraught over the death of his favorite feline, but irate with his friend for the manner in which he had broken the news. “Don’t you know you should never give someone incredibly bad news like that?! You should have prepared me . . . built up to it! Call me one day and tell me my cat’s on the roof—and then the next day you can tell me he fell off—and then the next day you can tell me he died! But never, NEVER give anyone bad news like that!!”

A few days later, his friend called back. “Hey, man. Your mama’s on the roof . . .”

^LOL... I fell for it. G1.

The child that rides this bike and wears this helmut is a badass

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0065.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	288857

I evidently can't type <30 without thinking of tags

Jer<3sthecock

IS<3ED

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    1) stuck in city street traffic watching the Uber driver horrendously attempt to parallel park and me not noticing until he gets out of the car that he parked in front of and blocking the parking garage exit ramp
    I saw one this morning obviously realize his customer was on the other side of a 4 lane wide one way street in downtown Seattle.

He threw such a hard crazy Ivan across all the lanes to get to the other side that he ended up fully perpendicular nose into to the curb of the bus lane that he was now blocking (as well as half the adjacent lane).

Never mind though because he put his 4-ways on when he then attempted to back out into traffic having collected his fare.

Steetside crucifixion is too good for them unless it is going to be done really painfully
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I evidently can't type <30 without thinking of tags

Jer<3sthecock
    funny

LOL! I've never been able to do a cartwheel and just look at John go! Miss that guy.

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Really enjoyed their album.

Two things seen for the first time ever today at a cafe I stopped at for lunch.

First, the credit card receipt had three tip lines, one for "kitchen" one for "server" and one for "entertainment". I'm sure I'll see an online article soon enough telling me I need to tip kitchen and server 20% each. No entertainment, so that was easy at least.

Then go to use the bathroom. It had a shower with a locking gate across it. I'm guessing this is where they waterboard the customers who don't leave enough tip? I got the hell out of there.....

Edit.. Why are all my photos showing up sideways now? Fucking I-phone

First, the credit card receipt had three tip lines, one for "kitchen" one for "server" and one for "entertainment". I'm sure I'll see an online article soon enough telling me I need to tip kitchen and server 20% each. No entertainment, so that was easy at least.

Here's my tip, you divvy it up. And probably less than normal because i hate that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post

The homeowner, who was still on the roof when officers arrived, continued to hold the burglar at gunpoint for at least an hour until police could coax her down.
    So she heard a burglar and climbed on the roof?

what amuses you?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Lovely summer day here at Donner Lake. We had breakfast at the Donner Lake Kitchen--large party in the corner in down parkas, some with ear warmers. Then a woman came in a down parka, sweat pants, and furry boots. Did I fall asleep and wake up in the middle of winter--like Rip Van Winkle?
    Any of you guys in the group?
    Perfectly normal for Asian. Less than 80 calls for down layer.

This is Prada jacket btw..quite the fashion these days

Name:	IMG_0453.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	525.8 KB 
ID:	289047
    Last edited by 4matic; 07-21-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Perfectly normal for Asian. Less than 80 calls for down layer.

This is Prada jacket btw..quite the fashion these days

Nope--they were Nordic types. Should have been in shorts and tank tops.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    2) the construction site across the street where the sign read "1 day since last lost work time accident"
    Hey you gotta start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post

I'll be a little amazed if she didn't fall in.

Fake presidential seal projected behind trump during his speech had Russian-style two-headed eagle clasping golf clubs and cash. Appropriate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

I volunteered to help set up at the local library’s used book sale today. I was the only man and only person under 60 there. I shlepped a lot of boxes and stayed the hell of of the way of a lot of cranky old bitches. Scored a great set of Steinbeck books.