Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    non-intentional thread hijack on:

seriously ? aoc is smarter than most because of questions she asked in a hearing ? the concept that all those questions were provided for her to ask isn't possible and probable by many who want her to look good in public hearings ?
    I was going to say the same thing, but I respect OG a lot cuz he seems an intelligent dentist. While I don't agree with his assessment of AOC, I assumed he was having a bad day or maybe he was trying to make a funny. I'm not into politics, but somebody showed me a couple of links to some crazy (IMO) shit that she's been saying and I found it amusing, hence the post in this thread. Carry on.

seriously ? aoc is smarter than most because of questions she asked in a hearing ? the concept that all those questions were provided for her to ask isn't possible and probable by many who want her to look good in public hearings ?

if aoc were smarter than most, she would have done well enough in her economics degree to go to grad school or find placement somewhere from her academic record over being a bartender. sorry, she's not smarter than most and at the same time, not very knowledgeable. given the office and the people/organizations behind her. for instance her green bill, she should have plenty of examples of the rate of progress in efficiencies of different green technologies to make the bill more palatable. sorry, but those questions in that hearing just made her look smart.

:non-intentional thread hijack off.
    I don't know--bartending sounds a lot more fun and more lucrative than grad school or an entry level job for an international relations and economics major.
    Last edited by old goat; 06-23-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I’m fully aware that I’m a bad person because this amuses me.
    Air Canada: Woman wakes up alone on dark, parked plane
    Don’t give up until.

if aoc were smarter than most, she would have done well enough in her economics degree to go to grad school or find placement somewhere from her academic record over being a bartender. sorry, she's not smarter than most and at the same time, not very knowledgeable. given the office and the people/organizations behind her. for instance her green bill, she should have plenty of examples of the rate of progress in efficiencies of different green technologies to make the bill more palatable. sorry, but those questions in that hearing just made her look smart.

:non-intentional thread hijack off.
    you definitely need some of those make you look smart questions

Name:  USMCring.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  126.2 KB
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I’m fully aware that I’m a bad person because this amuses me.
    It amuses me too, and I don't consider myself a bad person. I don't see why she would be so traumatized over this. She should be embarrassed more than anything.

Reminds me of a roommate who fell asleep in class back at university. The class ended, the room emptied and the next class started up. He woke up sometime during the next class and started taking notes. Same prof, but more advanced class. Took him a while to realize why things weren't making sense.

I once woke up in a box car in the middle of the Newark freight yard. Took me awhile to figure out where I was, and how to get out of there. It was just a sea of miles of cars, and there was no way to see what was around.

funny story edog.
    Makers, you gonna leave us hanging? how the hell did you wind up in that predicament?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I once woke up in a box car in the middle of the Newark freight yard. Took me awhile to figure out where I was, and how to get out of there. It was just a sea of miles of cars, and there was no way to see what was around.
    Was that amusing?
    Don’t give up until.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Was that amusing?
    It was, actually. First time in my life that I was in a real world maze. Also, like a combination of pac man and frogger. Trying to get out, without getting caught by the bulls and the coupling bumping trains that could kill you.

Seeing a Hummer H2 on the road with both an Uber and Lyft sticker.

If you need multiple side gigs to pay for that beast, maybe consider buying something less expensive?

Cake. I had cake today.

I can't remember the last time I had cake, or ice cream. I might as well be dead.

An incredibly bland double chocolate moose that was quickly discarded & a real tasty strawberry shortbread styled cake that exceeded expectations. Yes, I got two pieces.

good for you. Late cold spring here, local strawberries are just coming in, I'm gonna git me some. With fucking ice cream and some sort of cake substance. And maybe whipped cream for the fuck of it. No doubt.

Iceman, good way to get 18 more days of cake, get a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I can't remember the last time I had cake, or ice cream. I might as well be dead.
    Fudgy the whale will take care of both. Only cake I'll accept for my birthday.

Costco bakery
    watch out for snakes

That is amusing.
    Don’t give up until.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I got my free ice cream on my ice cream punch card yesterday. Took me 2 years to get enough punches. It takes 12, not 10 like it should.

Don't get me started on Waze and Google Maps detours. I live on one. Belongs in the Shit the REALLY, REALLY, REALLY Annoys Me thread.

I need an app on my phone that lets me build my own route. Usually I have a pretty good idea how to get there. I don't usually need to be re-routed. I just use the app to tell me what the ETA is beforehand so I know when to leave, remind me where to turn, and to keep an eye on my ETA. Plus having it tell you speed limits is a plus, when it knows them. Google maps is really, really bad about letting you plan a route.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    ...ridiculosity...
    amusing - added to my lexicon
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

what amuses you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6089.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	957.0 KB 
ID:	287136
    you any relation to this guy

Vincenzo - I called him Dad