Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgb@etree Guest

Happy Veteran's Day!

Many thanks to all the men (and women!) out there who have served this great nation & made tremendous sacrifices for our freedom.

Bitter sweet day for me.
    watch out for snakes

This article is worth a read.

.For many civilians, veterans are thought about in the span of football halftime shows, where we gawk at troops standing on the sidelines while the camera lingers on flags flapping in the wind. The word hero is tossed around and abused to the point of banality. The good intentions of civilians are rarely in question, but detached admiration has always been a stand-in for the impulse to do “something” for veterans.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Thanks to all vets past and present.
    DNC: The party of gays, gungrabbers, wets, welfare queens, babykillers and ambulance chasers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end.

It's great to take a day to remember the people who put themselves in harm's way at our governments request.

You can extend that to a year-round effort by volunteering with organizations who work with wounded warriors. Higher Ground in Sun Valley, Oregon Adaptive Sports in Bend, and all the other Disabled Sports USA chapters around the country have outdoor programs to help veterans overcome the trauma of their service.

And a couple of other links I will leave here about the phchological trauma...
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/thedirtbag/Home_Front.mp3

This one hits close to home http://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-it...last-534538357

Dan Somers was a good man, and the husband of my daughters best friend. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Bitter sweet day for me.
    Same here. Lost family and bros. Vibes.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

We've lost a couple in the past few years from the local community, today is a great day to remember them and the positive impact they had on those around them. These men and women are true American heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    This article is worth a read.
    Saw this posted on Facebook by Max Uriarte. Extremely timely for me since I EAS'd just last week. One of the biggest takeaways is that it's not an "us and them" thing, it's an all of us thing.

If you're out at the bar tonight and see a lone beer with a bit of paper or a wristband, get the guy next to it a drink. He may need it today.

Friend posted this on facebook tonight.

A man walked into Paisanos tonight and said...I have a really strange request..can I please have 5 shots of Jameson I am going to take one and when I walk out the door you do what you please with the other 4.He said him and his buddies had a pact and that's what he did on Veterans Day. He took his shot walked out the door and I went up to read the paper he left with the 4 shots of whiskey..four fallen soldiers..brought tears to my eyes and many of my customers..I will leave then here all night till I close in honor to them and all the fallen soldiers
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

As one of the veterans on this board, thanks jgb.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    It's great to take a day to remember the people who put themselves in harm's way at our governments request.

You can extend that to a year-round effort by volunteering with organizations who work with wounded warriors. Higher Ground in Sun Valley, Oregon Adaptive Sports in Bend, and all the other Disabled Sports USA chapters around the country have outdoor programs to help veterans overcome the trauma of their service.

And a couple of other links I will leave here about the phchological trauma...
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/thedirtbag/Home_Front.mp3

This one hits close to home http://gawker.com/i-am-sorry-that-it...last-534538357

Dan Somers was a good man, and the husband of my daughters best friend. RIP
    http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/been invoved for a few years now
    spent sat. on the provo givin back a bit of fishbum knowledge and skills to those who gave a hell of a lot more than I
    we meet the second weds of the month 7 pm building 16 slc va hospital off foothil lif any slc mags wanna get involved.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Happy Veteran's Day!

BUMP

Lots of maggots have answered the summons of the trumpet and served their nation. Thank you to each and every one of them.

Name:  IMG_0006.JPG
Views: 900
Size:  63.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 11-11-2020 at 08:40 AM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    may the peace of superior fire power be with u
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

The opposite of #losersandsuckers. Thanks for your service.

Thanks to all mags that served. I appreciate it.
    I still call it The Jake.

X2, thanks Veterans for your service.

Now, can anyone explain to me why the banks are closed today?

They are not Federal or State and as far as I can see the ladies who work at the Bank are not Veterans.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

State and Federal holiday
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Thanks for your service.

Great great great grandpa Pvt. Daniel Cole. Served in Capt John Downing's NYS Militia Sept 5 1814 to Sept 20, 1814at the Battle of Lake Champlain.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dan Cole Pension request (1).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1,020.7 KB 
ID:	347351
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    X2, thanks Veterans for your service.

Now, can anyone explain to me why the banks are closed today?

They are not Federal or State and as far as I can see the ladies who work at the Bank are not Veterans.
    it's a federal holiday and banks always close for federal holidays.

Thanks to all who served.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

we call it Remembrance day up here, Canada was not in so many wars so not so many vets left, I think we only have 1 vet alive in town in his mid 90's and his memory is good to the early 50's
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I knew that crap about Canadien's in Afg was BS!! Especlly them snipers!! [/s]

Happy Veterans Day!

Kinda interesting, I didn't know that my Dad was in the Navy and fought in Korea until a couple years ago. (He died about 10 years ago.). We all knew he joined at 17, (lied about his age), to escape his abusive stepdad, but he never talked about it, so we figured he worked on a freighter or something.
    Anyway, I really like this about him.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    I knew that crap about Canadien's in Afg was BS!! Especlly them snipers!! [/s]

Happy Veterans Day!
    I don't know how many served in Afghanistan but the point would be the war mongering is not so strong up here and so its more about remembering those who served in WWI and WWII

not propping up puppet dictators or preserving the US military industrial complex

you know ... for the money
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Thanks to all vets past and present.
    x2

Thanks to all who served. And next time we send a soldier into harm's way please let's be damn sure there's a good reason.
    Got a kid in the AF. A doc. Hope they send him somewhere safe, like Afghanistan, instead of to a hospital in Fargo or El Paso.

SFB--what's the picture? Those kids look too young to be playing with guns.