Anyone use T-Mobile in WY/MT???

Not sure if this a 'padded room' or 'tech talk' question,...

Looking at maybe going with T-Mobile for a smartphone. I still have a Verizon 'dumb'phone, curious on thoughts from you guys before I make the jump. The price T-Mobile has is almost the same as my verizon dumbphone price per month. The price looks awesome with unlimited data options, but unsure of how good it'll be in Jackson & surrounding Yellowstone region up to Bozeman in the summer months.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

T mobile is GSM but run on a different frequency than ATT. TMobile has really no 3G support in Wyoming, so you'll always be running on edge(2g). The only time i've had 3g in Jackson was in the Tetons when I picked it up from IF. Could have changed in the last year, but I had TMobile in JHole for 2 years and had no 3g. It'll be hard to burn through your unlimited data at .1Mbs.

The players at a cell phone meeting i was at last week here locally were ATT, Verizon, and Union.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Check Silverstar. Good prices and good.coverage both sides of the Tetons. They have an agreement to piggyback on other signals when not reaching their towers. I get decent service up high too.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using TGR Forums

I had t-mobile when I moved to Helena, Montana awhile ago and it sucked. I was edge2/roaming when I got serviced and promptly switched over to Verizon.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

If you want to test it out- there are plenty of prepaid T-Mobile offerings. It of course will require a new GSM based cell phone.

I believe BZN is almost strictly Verizon with spotty AT&T. Everyone I know has Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    I believe BZN is almost strictly Verizon with spotty AT&T. Everyone I know has Verizon.
    Agreed. Get Verizon. Not only will you have 4G coverage in all the big towns, but you'll ... you know, actually get reception while on the road.

I'll most likely to stay with Verizon, but had no clue on how the rest really worked out here. I'm in no rush to do an upgrade, I will eventually,...
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Verizon is the only way to go in Montana. No idea about Wyoming.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Does anyone have any updates on recommended providers in the area? I read that there was a new Verizon tower being considered over the summer... did that get built? how is the Verizon 4G coverage in town, the village and surrounding areas?

Thanks.

No...as everyone has said....Verizon has best coverage in MT...all others suck

^^ Sorry - should have clarified more in my previous post... More specifically looking at the Jackson/Teton Village coverage. Still Verizon? That's what I'm seeing based on coverage maps... but just wanted to verify with actual people's perspectives.
    -deej
    I'm against picketing... but I don't know how to show it...

Cell service blows in Jackson, doesn't matter on the carrier. All the carriers want in to the trust/hedge fund utopia, but a bunch of Nimbys dont want cell towers anywhere.

The town council will waffle on every new tower, although I heard an 80 footer finally got approval, down in Hoback....

So yeah, service sucks, and is continuing to get worse as now everyone has a smartphone.
    Live Free or Die

^^^ it does? In Jackson? I find a few low bar zones, like in Moose or a couple spots on the Pass, but att seems to work well for me overall...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Im on Verizon, which I'll admit is great in Teton Village and where I work off the square, but anywhere else I'm struggling for more than 1 or 2 bars. I had to get a booster for my place in the Wilson.

Maybe I should switch to AT&T.
    Live Free or Die

nah. Verizon works a ton better up in the park. Gotta think they'll keep adding coverage. Only advantage ATT has is some of their upper mismanagement hangs out at the four seasons every summer...and want the ability to call folks at will...

only Verizon support