So I kitesurfed over the weekend

And by kitesurfed I mean, "took a lesson did some body drags then got yanked 10 feet into the air when my instructor told me to do an aggressive dive with the board on my feet. Then I did a less aggressive dive and rode way to far downwind, but it was fun. Went upwind some switch and after 45 minutes got back to my starting point."

All I could think was that I'd rather be surfing.

May try it again. Imagine it gets more fun the 2nd and 3rd time. I don't know if it's safe for my blind ass to be ripping around the beach at 25mph tho.

/blog

That's awesome, man. I took a lesson a few years back, thinking it'd be better to be in the water on those brutal NW wind days than to be looking from the beach. I just couldn't get into it. The wind died during my lesson, then my clutch died on the way home. Just didn't get back out there. Still, I see people catching waves that make me second guess it.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by jayfrizzo View Post
    got yanked 10 feet into the air when my instructor told me to do an aggressive dive with the board on my feet.

All I could think was that I'd rather be surfing.
    Your instructor told you to put the kite through the window? That sounds like a dangerous instructor.

Some days at Ocean Beach their is too much wind to surf but the kiting is prime.

If there is any interest in getting into kiteing,I'm replacing my Quiver of water kites.

I have 6 meter,8 meter,12 meter Cabrinha switchblades complete with bar,lines and bags, $400 each, if interested pm for details