Ashes Before Dust: motorcycle documentary

Heya, JONGs. It's been a long time since I posted here. This is not ski-related, but I know some you here are moto-heads so I thought I'd share what I did this summer:

I filmed a documentary. It's the story of my 5,500 mile motorcycle adventure with Dan Galliher from Seattle to the Arctic Circle and back. While traveling the back roads through British Columbia, the Yukon Territory, and Alaska, we interviewed the unique and inspiring characters we randomly met along the way. The tale of our journey is flavored with these interviews, providing a glimpse of life in the North Country. These are tales about bears, glaciers, gold, dog mushing, the Midnight Sun, and even whiskey shots garnished with a severed human toe.

Last edited by Twoplanker; 02-03-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Glad you made this..I really enjoyed watching it. It was alot better than most of the other trip reports. I would love to be able to do a ride up to Alaska one day.

Holy blast from the past.

.....hello...
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

well done!
    b

I think I'm in love with the hot dog lady.

In Canadia, they call them Smokies.

She's living up there on the Highline, all alone. She could probably use someone to chop and stack firewood.

Did you see the bartender in Dawson? Wowsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker View Post
    Did you see the bartender in Dawson? Wowsa.
    She seemed nice.

can I have what the guys from Darcy have?

Fkna fantastic ,,, really enjoyed it and took me back to living in alaska. Great trip and well done jealous as well
    always forward but never straight

Top stuff. Made with thought and a good reflection of people up that way.
    Brings back memories from hitching, hiking and paddling much of the same region.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard_of_Oz View Post
    Top stuff. Made with thought and a good reflection of people up that way.
    Brings back memories from hitching, hiking and paddling much of the same region.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey, hey, more to share. Since I last checked in, I've made two more motorcycle documentary films on two continents.

Experience Iceland: its impossibly beautiful landscape, the compelling power of geothermal activity, intriguing food, and the indomitable culture of the Icelandic people. In "Where the Glacier Meets the Sky” the filmmaker circumnavigates Iceland by adventure motorcycle, meeting and interviewing Icelanders to understand this mysterious island and its inhabitants. He then leaves the inhabited coastal areas behind and crosses the moon-like Highland wilderness of the interior. Learn why the Icelanders eat putrid shark, how hidden elves can move an entire highway, discover hidden pools of healing hot water, and where buried Viking treasure may be buried.

Follow seven American and British motorcyclists as they ride more than 1,350 miles from New Delhi, India into the Tibetan Buddhist region of the Himalayas known as Ladakh. Riding Royal Enfield motorcycles, they pass over the highest motorable roadways in the world. They'll combat chaotic, lawless, traffic as they climb to nearly 18,400 feet - higher than Base Camp on Mt. Everest. They'll follow steep, switchbacked roads carved into cliff faces with thousand foot drops and no guardrails. They'll have to contend with landslides, river crossings, livestock, altitude sickness, and mechanical problems in temperatures ranging from 40 to 100 degrees F. But the reward is worth it: the most stunning views the Himalayas have to offer and fascinating conversations with the locals about their culture, religion, history, and food. Hold on tight and take a deep breath, because we're taking a journey into The Air Above.

Enjoy!

Awesome! I missed this the first time but am now saving it Looking forward to watching these journeys via motorcycle.

Nice work 2P!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.