Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Robot vacuums?

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Fuck robot vacuums. What i-robot really needs to work on is a roof robot. Something that lives on my roof and will get all the pine needles, leaves, pine cones, and branches off. It also needs to continually get rid of the moss growth. Bonus points if there is a gutter cleaning option. I would pay serious money for one of those.
    https://www.amazon.com/iRobot-330-Cl...2-L&ref=plSrch

I want one that says "Danger Will Robinson" as it works
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    $700!? Damn. You may have screwed yourself on that one. Probably should’ve checked with KQ Claus first, but that’s like the equivalent of getting her a mop isn’t it?
    Got sucked into the expensive one. Figured if I got my wife a vacuum for Xmas it better be fuckin nice! Yup...my worry exactly. I seem to be in the dog house most of the time anyway. Is this going to offend her?

KQ? Paging KQ? Can I give my wife a vacuum for Xmas? I might still be able to cancel.

The way I see it is your giving the gift of time back to your wife. She's too good to vacuum and you want to spend more time with her and not have her working.

Some bullshit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    The way I see it is your giving the gift of time back to your wife. She's too good to vacuum and you want to spend more time with her and not have her working.

Some bullshit like that.

Right. That'll work
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Got sucked into the expensive one. Figured if I got my wife a vacuum for Xmas it better be fuckin nice! Yup...my worry exactly. I seem to be in the dog house most of the time anyway. Is this going to offend her?
    Get her a subscription to a weight loss program too. Then she won't be offended by the vacuum at all.

Roofba.

Make it so numba won.

What the world really needs is a robotic brewery cleaner that can mop the ceiling.

I wouldn’t be offended by that gift but I know some ladies that wd be for sure so not much help there.

Maybe exchange it for one of the more inexpensive models so if she is not stoked on it she won’t also be PO’d you spent so much on it? a thought
    skid luxury

I was expecting to post in the Hercules Christ thread after Black Friday (I could for other reasons). We have dark hardwood floors wall to wall in one floor of our house. With 2 kids 6 and 4 the floor always look filthy. I am now the strongest advocate for robot vacs.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I bet it would be fine on at least the lower transitions. I can set up a test for mine tonight and report back. vacuum obstacle course!
    although we have the Shark version not roomba
    Did you get a chance to set up the obstacle course?

PE Trudeau Airport has self driving floor cleaners, i.e. "robot floor Zambonis". Sorta creepy. Good time of year though, place would have been mad tracked with grime otherwise.

KQ? Paging KQ? Can I give my wife a vacuum for Xmas? I might still be able to cancel.
    I got a knock-off branded robot vacuum last year. The Mrs. knew about it in advance (she vacuums more than I do due to a lower tolerance for dirty floors, and I wanted to free her up from this chore a bit). I don't think she would have been offended if the gift had been addressed to her, but it went under the tree addressed to the dog (who in some sense is the primary user).

Soooo ... good luck!

Thx! I think I might give it to the whole family. Might give me more of a chance at survival. Vacuum TR if I make it through the holidays.

I once tried out a Roomba, but it didn't really work for us. We have hard wood with some area rugs. Some of the rugs had a sufficient border that the Roomba would see it as an obstacle and go around it while the other had a pattern that makes it hard for vacuums that aren't very powerful.

I really want one some day though. I don't particularly love to vacuum and my wife once called me a year after moving into a place asking how to turn the vacuum on, so it would ensure that our floors are much cleaner.

I got my wife one last xmas and much to my surprise she loves it. She uses it between full vacuuming on our wall to wall carpet. Does it work well? I have no idea but it makes my wife happy and that's all that matters. If it were up to me I'd wait until I could shovel the floor. Hey--it works for the driveway.

(credit to Richard Kadrey)

Shit. I went to buy my wife a vacuum(she actually wanted a nice dyson) and walked out of the store with a really nice cooler for the driftboat. My ma thought I was an asshole so she bought her the vacuum. Problem solved!

Also I have gotten way more use outta that cooler then the vacuum....

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Shit. I went to buy my wife a vacuum(she actually wanted a nice dyson) and walked out of the store with a really nice cooler for the driftboat. My ma thought I was an asshole so she bought her the vacuum. Problem solved!

Also I have gotten way more use outta that cooler then the vacuum....
    So you prefer fishing to sex?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Is that a trick question? I also row the boat 100% of the time and she fishes more than me. Also we're in Montana all you do is fish, fuck, and ski. Not necessarily in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fucking a Dyson is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    But they never lose suction.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

They're not much good as bait either.

I think he was talking about the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I think he was talking about the fish.
    That's rediculous. A fish can't fuck a vacuum.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point