Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 129
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,299
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    That's ridiculous. I'm kind of blown away at this, as it seems outside of even their more restrictive policy. I mean, just about every retail store out there has at least a 30-day return policy on unused items with the tags still on them.

    BC.com rep entry into this thread to "clear things up," let us know they "re-educated the employees in question on the new policy," and "the employees are still 'adapting'" to the new policy in 3... 2...


    What's more likely is OP has wasted enough of the warehouse's time with stupid returns that his "score" has dropped- which afaik was a policy put in place to curb habitual returns abusers. He probably just does this often enough to where they start restricting his returns to discourage him further wasting their time and money. If he was to keep doing it they would eventually revoke his return abilities.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    See OP you're the problem though. So many fucking people just have them send one of everything and send back whatever they don't feel like keeping and it's fucked the system to the point it's gone now. Go prance around in an REI and have a fashion show and try it all on if you want, that's what B&M stores are there for. What you describe is pretty much a waste of everyone's time and an abuse of an otherwise awesome benefit if a great return policy. I cant imagine what your BCscore is, it must be atrocious.

    There's a reason so few places do it. Idiots like you fuck it up! Sorry dude but that's the truth. Thanks for being part of ruining a good thing.
    You sound like a real idiot right now. Think about it. One too many beers tonight? If you want to edit your post to take it back, I'll edit mine and give you a chance to back out.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    You sound like a real idiot right now. Think about it. One too many beers tonight? If you want to edit your post to take it back, I'll edit mine and give you a chance to back out.

    Dude. You think about it. Ya bought a bunch of stuff with the attitude "if it's not perfect it's going back" no? "I bought elbow pads pretty much knowing they'd suck but I figured fuck BC." and how bad could shorts really fit??

    Look I could give a fuck but that attitude got the policy revoked did it not? If everybody just buys shit with a "so what" attitude it ruins it for everyone eventually. The stitching on the knee pads (lol) I might give you. The rest... Well shit man, is this the first time you've ever done that? I don't know man sounds exactly like their computer score bit ya tho!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Dude. You think about it. Ya bought a bunch of stuff with the attitude "if it's not perfect it's going back" no? "I bought elbow pads pretty much knowing they'd suck but I figured fuck BC." and how bad could shorts really fit??

    Look I could give a fuck but that attitude got the policy revoked did it not? If everybody just buys shit with a "so what" attitude it ruins it for everyone eventually. The stitching on the knee pads (lol) I might give you. The rest... Well shit man, is this the first time you've ever done that? I don't know man sounds exactly like their computer score bit ya tho!
    Moron. The policy was revoked because people were using the policy as a free rental (same reason as REI). They encourage you to try things out since they don't have stores across the US. It's not about being perfect, it's about whether they fit or not and if they meet your needs. You don't know until you try it on. Same reason why they told someone to order all the ski boots they were interested in and send back the ones that didn't fit well. Returning things that don't fit or don't work is a part of their sales model. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have kept that part of their return policy. Same reason Zappos has their policy.

    If you've ever worn DH body armor you'd know how particular it is with fit, and with shorts, sometimes I'm a 30 and sometimes I'm a 32, even across brands. If it's too tight in the waist, it's too tight in the waist.

    Anyway I'm done with this stupidity.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Moron. The policy was revoked because people were using the policy as a free rental. They encourage you to try things out since they don't have stores across the US. It's not about being perfect, it's about whether they fit or not. You don't know until you try it on. Same reason why they told someone to order all the ski boots they were interested in and send back the ones that didn't fit well. Returning things that don't fit or don't work is a part of their sales model. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have kept that part of their return policy. Same reason Zappos has their policy.

    Well I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree then and the whole premise of return score belies that point... And if it was so fucking sustainable where is it now?? One boot buying return spree of easily restockable items isn't a continued practice of ordering shit you know you're borderline on anyways and then let your dog hump and drag around for two weeks before you sent it back haha
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    The policy is still the same for this type of activity. Return it unused in 90 days and its a refund. Return it used in 90 days and its store credit. Return it anytime as defective and its a refund. My gripe is the hassle I had to go through because of the subjectivity of 'used' and 'defective'. This is the reason why REI's new return policy doesn't have such restrictions. It makes it a real pain in the ass for real customers.

  7. #32
    Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Dude. You think about it. Ya bought a bunch of stuff with the attitude "if it's not perfect it's going back" no? "I bought elbow pads pretty much knowing they'd suck but I figured fuck BC." and how bad could shorts really fit??

    Look I could give a fuck but that attitude got the policy revoked did it not? If everybody just buys shit with a "so what" attitude it ruins it for everyone eventually. The stitching on the knee pads (lol) I might give you. The rest... Well shit man, is this the first time you've ever done that? I don't know man sounds exactly like their computer score bit ya tho!
    DoWork sucks BC.com's shitty presentation and shitty CS cock for a limpdick discount that happened years ago. what's he supposed to do? ask TGR for a dipshit like DoWork to help him out? YOU RAWK DOWORK SON OF RAWJ!

    if they don't want people buying multiple items to try and return - change their stated return policy to what appears to be their defacto policy - or up their crappy information.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juxtaposition
    Posts
    5,806
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    See OP you're the problem though. So many fucking people just have them send one of everything and send back whatever they don't feel like keeping and it's fucked the system to the point it's gone now.
    Perhaps off the mark here, but I always did wonder what Lindahl meant by this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I've tested over 20 different softshell jackets from various manufacturers (thanks bc.com!).
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...29#post3989429
    Life is not lift served.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Perhaps off the mark here, but I always did wonder what Lindahl meant by this:



    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...29#post3989429
    By test, I mean order, examine the material style and fit and then return the ones that didn't meet my criteria, keeping two that did (never used or worn outside). Not all 20 were from BC, of course. I've done the same with windshirts while trying to find a suitably breathable one that wasn't billowy.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 10-30-2013 at 10:57 PM.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Juxtaposition
    Posts
    5,806
    You have a disorder with an official name listed in a brown book sitting on a Doctors shelf.

    Poor you! Now your buy and return strategy is failing.

    Some of us, who live and breath skiing spending virtually everyday on the snow for 6 months a year, get what gear we can and just go skiing. I've worn the same freakin windshirt for about 500-600 days. Got a new one this year.

    I'd hate to see you shopping for handbags.

    Here:

    Really:

    Except the disorder part. No winky for that. I think you need therapy.
    Life is not lift served.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    voting in seattle
    Posts
    3,956
    As someone who has worked for a company that has a large online retail presence, we actively encouraged folks to order two sizes and return one. The shipping cost is worth the happy returning customers.

    I still prefer to shop b&m for stuff like this though.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,299
    Lol... Well I guess I can't blame a guy for going straight to anal when a girl tells him "sure, anything" but I mean come on. 20 jackets man?? That's what I'm talking about. It was a policy to help people find gear that works, not to satiate your boredom and give you something to blog about.

    All I'm saying is that I can guarantee that your return score is fucking terrible and therefore your returns will be (and clearly have been) given extra scrutiny to discourage you from continuing to do so. This should not be a surprise when you just went through 20 fucking jackets to find the perfect one- that's not shopping that's being a fucking princess! It should be no wonder as to why shit is changing at BC when people simply don't care about how much they're abusing the system because "hey it's not illegal". Again yes I know they encourage you to perhaps try two and return one- immediately and with no damage- but to habitually order shit you know you probably don't want anyways and jacket after jacket just to try them out is not cool and is EXACTLY why they came up with the return score- to show when people are just taking advantage on a regular basis. You are literally THE guy they hope to discourage, OP. Hope that helped clear shit up for you, as this was not an isolated incident like you've put it out there as- This is the result of a continued practice tripping up an abuse monitoring system simple as that.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by dk_alaskan View Post
    what other companies that have similar stock to REI and BC.COM are still offering the lifetime guarantee for their products?
    Gear Coop

    Just like the old REI and BC policy. Free return shipping on stuff that is still in brand new condition.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,046
    Shipping 20 jackets to get 18 back? That just negated their profit on the 2 they sold and cost them money. Sounds like Lind doesn't give a shit about people and just wants what is coming to him. Loser. Thanks for ruining our shit dickhead.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,695
    by ruining our shit
    do you mean not being able to do what the op does?
    sounds like a profit based coperate decision was made in reguards to their return policy
    much like the decsion fuckin over powstash
    which is why my score and the numbers of items i purchase will remain 0
    whats the point of keeping score if the return policy is the same reguardless of score?
    or is it?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Shipping 20 jackets to get 18 back? That just negated their profit on the 2 they sold and cost them money. Sounds like Lind doesn't give a shit about people and just wants what is coming to him. Loser. Thanks for ruining our shit dickhead.
    Way to jump to conclusions jackass, I have a mat I want to sell you. About 8 were shipped from 3 different 'online' stores (one was from REI). The other '12', I was able to find locally. And 20 might be a little high - hard to remember since a lot were at B&Ms. I see 4 ordered from BC, one I kept. The main problem was finding a softshell whose hood would fit over a ski helmet, though membranes were hard to avoid also.

    The policy STILL allows for this sort of thing, and BC (and other online stores) encourages ordering stuff in multiples to find the one you like. Otherwise they wouldn't have a 'satisfaction guaranteed' style return policy. If they don't want me doing this, send me a fucking email about it - it's not that hard for someone to say 'hey, look, our return policy wasn't designed for this'. Problem solved.

    But of course, the real answer is, I'm not and was never the problem. The problem was the excessive amount of returns of used gear, with inadequate ability to recoup these losses. The same problem Costco and REI had, the latter earning names like 'Rent Every Item.' Stuff like baby strollers were a huge problem for them. BC had a big problem with returned skis. If I was truly the problem, they wouldn't have a policy that still covers me, nor would they encourage others to do the same thing (boots).

    Anyway, enough - enjoy the gear that you're 'sort of' happy with and 'sort of' fits you, and I'll enjoy the gear that actually fits me like a glove and functions exactly how I want.
    Last edited by Lindahl; 10-31-2013 at 09:16 AM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,720
    Here's a comment from a different perspective.

    As someone who invests tens of thousands (totaling hundreds of thousands) in manufacturing inventory every season and spends well over $10,000 a year on shipping I can tell you that there is opportunity loss cost associated with so much product being off the shelf in someone's hands that intends to return it instead of available to other customers. Many items are seasonal, so that = sucks, as someone hording goods and returning later may cause other issues. i.e. last years shit sitting around in a time when you cant sell it, or cleaned out at Christmas of best sizes only to get it all back in January

    Shipping costs erode margin too. If one is discounting margin to begin with, it does not take long to suck all the profit out of a sale and then your business model fails and the policy or even company goes away in extreme cases.

    Perfect fit is so subjective. And, it changes with every meal you eat and bike ride you make. What was perfect last year, may make you look like a "pig n a blanket" (tm Dennys) this year. But, without question this is squarely a 1st world problem.

    I'm no Liberty Media's b c . com but this effects everyone selling online and even b & m to an extent

    and OP Brian, all my hoods fit over helmets and our jackets are made in your home state
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    28,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    wasn't billowy.
    Gladiators don't do billowy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Way to jump to conclusions jackass, I have a mat I want to sell you. About 8 were shipped from 3 different 'online' stores (one was from REI). The other '12', I was able to find locally. And 20 might be a little high - hard to remember since a lot were at B&Ms. I see 4 ordered from BC, one I kept. The main problem was finding a softshell whose hood would fit over a ski helmet, though membranes were hard to avoid also.

    The policy STILL allows for this sort of thing, and BC (and other online stores) encourages ordering stuff in multiples to find the one you like. Otherwise they wouldn't have a 'satisfaction guaranteed' style return policy. If they don't want me doing this, send me a fucking email about it - it's not that hard for someone to say 'hey, look, our return policy wasn't designed for this'. Problem solved.

    But of course, the real answer is, I'm not and was never the problem. The problem was the excessive amount of returns of used gear, with inadequate ability to recoup these losses. The same problem Costco and REI had, the latter earning names like 'Rent Every Item.' Stuff like baby strollers were a huge problem for them. BC had a big problem with returned skis. If I was truly the problem, they wouldn't have a policy that still covers me, nor would they encourage others to do the same thing (boots).

    Anyway, enough - enjoy the gear that you're 'sort of' happy with and 'sort of' fits you, and I'll enjoy the gear that actually fits me like a glove and functions exactly how I want.
    No, you're still a jackass.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Here's a comment from a different perspective.

    As someone who invests tens of thousands (totaling hundreds of thousands) in manufacturing inventory every season and spends well over $10,000 a year on shipping I can tell you that there is opportunity loss cost associated with so much product being off the shelf in someone's hands that intends to return it instead of available to other customers. Many items are seasonal, so that = sucks, as someone hording goods and returning later may cause other issues. i.e. last years shit sitting around in a time when you cant sell it, or cleaned out at Christmas of best sizes only to get it all back in January

    Shipping costs erode margin too. If one is discounting margin to begin with, it does not take long to suck all the profit out of a sale and then your business model fails and the policy or even company goes away in extreme cases.

    Perfect fit is so subjective. And, it changes with every meal you eat and bike ride you make. What was perfect last year, may make you look like a "pig n a blanket" (tm Dennys) this year. But, without question this is squarely a 1st world problem.

    I'm no Liberty Media's b c . com but this effects everyone selling online and even b & m to an extent

    and OP Brian, all my hoods fit over helmets and our jackets are made in your home state
    With your opinion about wanting to make a living off your troubles, skifishbum won't be buying any of your jackets! You corporate whore, trying to feed your family. Selling out to ABC!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,720
    ^yes I know I am shutting out many
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Breckenridge
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Items bought before the policy change are grandfathered into the old lifetime policy.
    Anywhere this is documented?

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denver/Silverthorne
    Posts
    5,431
    Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Perfect fit is so subjective. And, it changes with every meal you eat and bike ride you make. What was perfect last year, may make you look like a "pig n a blanket" (tm Dennys) this year. But, without question this is squarely a 1st world problem.
    My fit hasn't really changed in the last decade (pants increased by one size), and yeah, fit is extremely subjective (body types are crazy different), which is why you really have to try stuff on if you care about how a garment fits.

    and OP Brian, all my hoods fit over helmets and our jackets are made in your home state
    Yeah, I absolutely LOVE your hood designs. If you guys had what I was looking for, I would have been all over it. Alas, no stretch-wovens, and no lightly insulated hardshells with bigass vents (ala Flylow). The colors aren't my preference, but that's an issue I skip past for the right design.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    7,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    fit is extremely subjective (body types are crazy different), which is why you really have to try stuff on if you care about how a garment fits.


    A wise ass once told me- "The bigger the princess, the smaller the pea"




    BTW I just found rare footage of OP getting ready for a big BC day...






    Just fuckin' with you man... I get the overall argument you're presenting, I just don't personally understand your ability to avoid ANY blame whatsoever in your mind for your current situation, hence why I'm fucking with you now instead of arguing further.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leadville, CO
    Posts
    3,720
    ^OP eeek yes the shavano has stretch and no membrane, oh well you can look closer at breck bash. its ok tho, now that we sold out to abc we aren't nearly the spammers we used to be....uhh , actually yes we are

    my colors or flylw colors?


    dowork, tht is too funny
    My Company: Made in Colorado SKi Clothing- check it out

    www.freeridesystems.com
    25% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT18'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •