Suggestions for mounting K2 Wayback?

Does anyone has suggestions for mounting a pair of K2 Wayback?
    1 or 2 cm forward?

i'd go 1 cm forward. what length wayback? how tall are ya/weight? boot sole length. a combo of those factors could make going 2 cm forward just fine.

rog

Dynafits on the line. Why do you think you need to go forward?

I just find it odd you would mount a ski called the Wayback 1-2 cm forward.

My pair is on the line with Barons. Haven't wanted it anywhere else the past 2 seasons.

k2's mounting point on flat tail skis have always been marked a bit back of many folks ideal boot center on ski. atomic's have been this way as well, ime. i pretty much have always mounted k2's 1 cm forward for my customers unless they wanted to be more forward or on the recommended mark. i've personally skied the same k2 model mounted on mark and forward. 1 cm is magic. just that much better/quicker turn initiation and that lil bit of extra tail is nice when finishing, releasing from a turn.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    k2's mounting point on flat tail skis have always been marked a bit back of many folks ideal boot center on ski. atomic's have been this way as well, ime. i pretty much have always mounted k2's 1 cm forward for my customers unless they wanted to be more forward or on the recommended mark. i've personally skied the same k2 model mounted on mark and forward. 1 cm is magic. just that much better/quicker turn initiation and that lil bit of extra tail is nice when finishing, releasing from a turn.

rog
    Is the consensus still to mount the K2 Wayback 1cm forward? I'm looking at a 2014 model, 174cm, skier weight/height: 80kg/177cm. For touring with Dynafit TLTs

tia,

David

Considering the mount point is still the same then if what icelanticskier is saying makes sense to you then yes.

I've always felt the flat tailed K2's had a lot of tail. I would not mount behind the line, but considering none of their tails point skyward at the end (no twin at all; all contact) I've always felt there was plenty of tail there...even a disproportionate amount if considering mount point relative to actual contact of most skis with a kicked up tail.

And if you stay on line and not forward it's relatively a bit less work for kick turns as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Sizzler View Post
    Considering the mount point is still the same then if what icelanticskier is saying makes sense to you then yes.

I've always felt the flat tailed K2's had a lot of tail. I would not mount behind the line, but considering none of their tails point skyward at the end (no twin at all; all contact) I've always felt there was plenty of tail there...even a disproportionate amount if considering mount point relative to actual contact of most skis with a kicked up tail.

And if you stay on line and not forward it's relatively a bit less work for kick turns as well.
    Thanks Johnny, I should have added that I ski a 27cm boot but what you say makes a lot of sense. I positioned the bindings with the jig and they look pretty well balanced on the ski so I'm thinking of going on the line now.