Fjord Norway - Salomon Freeski TV

I'm kinda jealous I didn't get to do this one. Truly epic!
    - Mike D

I skied Blæja and Slogen the day after they were there, some of the best conditions all winter. And this small area was pretty much the only part of NW-Norway that had decent conditions at the time.
    But what's up with the voice-over?

How did that fish bite the hook with the side of it's body?

Cool ski trip for sure

Once again, really well done, people.
    I'd rather watch that than any of the broken glass pablum distributed by other moguls media.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Awesome, Hill and Fransson laying down the skinner, hell of a crew.

Excellent. Thanks for posting this up, Mike.

"Trip of a lifetime" is thrown around a lot. This is THE trip of a lifetime. Sail accessed skiing, pow, fish. Incredible. Great job. My favorite episode since the first Mica trip.

Absolutely rad! Was up there for most of the summer, this makes me wanna go back sooner than later.....

Tusen takk, Mike.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Beautiful.

Fabulous area.

Should be on everyone's list.

Thanks guys! Our crew got very lucky with the weather and conditions. As a skier, Norway is one of those places you just have to go to in your lifetime. I can't wait to go back.

Epic!! Put that on the list.

Beautiful.

When is Switchback going to do a full length?

I don't know what it is that you guys do different but keep doing it.
    Last edited by TeCeBe; 10-27-2013 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeCeBe View Post
    When is Switchback going to do a full length?

I don't know what it is that you guys do different but keep doing it.
    Thanks! We are in thick of it on our first feature film, called 'SNOWMAN'. It's a doc about the life of Avalanche controller, Kevin Fogolin. A basic look at the story is in the the first issue of Powder is the article, 'The Snowman'. We are two years into a three year production and our goal is to start submitting to major film fests in early 2015.

Oh man, nice works. It looks totally reasonable to skin from the boat in Norway.

I've grown up on boats in BC and have done plenty of offshore sailing - friends and I have always dreamed of doing a boat-assisted ski mission in BC. But the reality of the snowline and logistics of mooring at in the inlets up the coast have always brought our dreams back to reality. It's one of those romantic notions that is better left as a dream rather than try to bushwhack 7 or 8 thousand feet up from sea level to ski.

Looks like the odds of nailing it are better in Norway than BC!

Quote Originally Posted by System_D View Post
    Oh man, nice works. It looks totally reasonable to skin from the boat in Norway.

I've grown up on boats in BC and have done plenty of offshore sailing - friends and I have always dreamed of doing a boat-assisted ski mission in BC. But the reality of the snowline and logistics of mooring at in the inlets up the coast have always brought our dreams back to reality. It's one of those romantic notions that is better left as a dream rather than try to bushwhack 7 or 8 thousand feet up from sea level to ski.

Looks like the odds of nailing it are better in Norway than BC!
    I can assure you that ski touring from a boat in Norway is waaaaay easier than trying to do it in BC. I've seen a lot of the BC Coast and can't think of a single spot where that would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedski View Post
    I can assure you that ski touring from a boat in Norway is waaaaay easier than trying to do it in BC. I've seen a lot of the BC Coast and can't think of a single spot where that would be worth it.
    In BC, it's better to do it MSP style and charter a boat with a heli on the deck for access .

Quote Originally Posted by mikedski View Post
    Thanks! We are in thick of it on our first feature film, called 'SNOWMAN'. It's a doc about the life of Avalanche controller, Kevin Fogolin. A basic look at the story is in the the first issue of Powder is the article, 'The Snowman'. We are two years into a three year production and our goal is to start submitting to major film fests in early 2015.
    Gonna take a lot longer than 3years to get enough half decent skiing footage outa Fogy to make a feature length film....
    You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing