Page 253 of 321 FirstFirst ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    mapadu doesn't post here? I know I've seen some of his edits since the ttips meltdown.
    Maybe he does, I don't post here enough to know who posts here

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    So more like this?

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/4374050504.html

Sent from my HTC One using TGR Forums
    That is pretty nice, but I'm kinda set on a TR6 instead of the Bonnie. I'm just dreaming anyway. In two years I'll have two kids in college. I'm screwed.

We're talking triumphs now? I used to have a GT6 in college....great car.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Never quite made it to corn at killi today but skiing was still damn good. Brief bootlegger sighting - perchance we will quaff a bevy before leaving.
    wow not even on highline (which has been the first to go soft of remaining lift accessible trails) or lower SS?

did temps not hit the forecast?

it was a pretty hard freeze last nite. tomorrow's sun will need to overcome
    a less locked snowpack...or so i expect.

4th day this week made for day 56 for the season.

py cell pics to follow.

Killi looked cold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397769467.338333.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	154328

Okemo less so.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397769516.401193.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	154329

Upper Tali goes.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397769564.739089.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	154330

Nice snow for the down.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397769597.741699.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	154331

And a home brewed Steam Beer I made for sugaring season to wash the corn down.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1397769649.564781.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	151.1 KB 
ID:	154332

^ Can't speak to killi, but its been pretty hazy today here in the east sider's bb. Couple that with the hahd freeze we've had the last two nights and I'm not too terribly surprised.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    wow not even on highline (which has been the first to go soft of remaining lift accessible trails) or lower SS?

did temps not hit the forecast?

it was a pretty hard freeze last nite. tomorrow's sun will need to overcome
    a less locked snowpack...or so i expect.
    Highest temp I saw on the Hill was 35. Pack is GLACIAL and well locked. Highline (which I did not ski) appeared to be two inches of wind affect on top of coral reef. It may have softened but it was not something I decided I needed to check. Lots of groomer's tread marks in the ice, particularly in steeper spots. Did find some great granular turns but corn it was not. (I know I am breaking my own rule by saying this but it's true) Tomorrow could be GREAT. Trying to decide if the lower elevations/aspects of Spring Fling/Stein's might be the better choice. Still a great fucking day with my wife and an old friend. SKIING IS FUN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    ^ Can't speak to killi, but its been pretty hazy today here in the east sider's bb. Couple that with the hahd freeze we've had the last two nights and I'm not too terribly surprised.
    Seconded. Sun never really came out strongly enuff to soften the upper layer. Perhaps the pro/bros from Magique have a different report

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    I was suprised.... That he thought it would be soft. he logs enough lift served on here to be a bull wheel sensei

Highest temp I saw on the Hill was 35. Pack is GLACIAL and well locked. Highline (which I did not ski) appeared to be two inches of wind affect on top of coral reef. It may have softened but it was not something I decided I needed to check. Lots of groomer's tread marks in the ice, particularly in steeper spots. Did find some great granular turns but corn it was not. (I know I am breaking my own rule by saying this but it's true) Tomorrow could be GREAT. Trying to decide if the lower elevations/aspects of Spring Fling/Stein's might be the better choice. Still a great fucking day with my wife and an old friend. SKIING IS FUN!!!!
    yea that's a good bit colder than the forecast high of 46 for the peak.

but this just in:
    http://www.killington.com/winter/mou...ons/index.html

"A few inches of snow, cold temps, and Killington's extremely dedicated grooming team have come together to reopen the Needles Eye and Bear Mountain areas for the weekend. "

don't think anything at the bush can top that.

Fresh Meat

yea that's a good bit colder than the forecast high of 46 for the peak.

but this just in:
    http://www.killington.com/winter/mou...ons/index.html

"A few inches of snow, cold temps, and Killington's extremely dedicated grooming team have come together to reopen the Needles Eye and Bear Mountain areas for the weekend. "

don't think anything at the bush can top that.
    Just to be clear, Bear will be open Friday. The lower elevation, east facing runs there will soften first.

We'll be BBQing under Superstar if anyone wants to come by for a dog and/or beer Friday/Saturday afternoon. Look for a maroon Toyota Sienna van.

loaf sportin over 1000 acres of t2b skiing. 135 trails/glades/snowfields. who da king of spring?

free day monday at da rivah. 60 and sunny! who's in?

rog

So let's see, returned on Monday from four days of PNW skiing to be greeted by almost summer weather, then rain Tuesday, followed by skiing Wednesday on ... natural snow ... in my yard:

Name:	April 16, 2014 Snow.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	154343

... followed by the 840' vertical barely continuous snowmaking remains at Berkshire East this afternoon:

Name:	Berkshire East 2014-04-17.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	154344

... then started getting ready for a tour tomorrow morning up ART and evening exiting down MB, but just saw a pic from this afternoon and ... too ugly to post!
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

how was the snow at the beast?^^^^^^^creamy?

rog

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    how was the snow at the beast?^^^^^^^creamy?

rog
    Oddly enough, just like the report from MB today, the new snow saved the day, mixed in with the older "textured" snow.
    (Oakes though was all new snow.)
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Oddly enough, just like the report from MB today, the new snow saved the day, mixed in with the older "textured" snow.
    (Oakes though was all new snow.)
    i was afraid of new snow manky mank up high on south facing from that new snow. east facing could get the mank tomorrow.

rog

Fuck, that Bear-Needle and a free red hot has me wishing I was free tomorrow.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^ You will be missed! Well, maybe for the skin & boot up ... after that? I will forgot about it all! All but corn! Sweet corn! Woot! Tomorrow will be good!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Never quite made it to corn at killi today but skiing was still damn good. Brief bootlegger sighting - perchance we will quaff a bevy before leaving.
    Dowork and I were there. I dont think we had a drink though. We skied straight through from 12:00-close only stopping for a brief late lunch and beer around 3:00
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

And, the skiing was fun as hell today. It wasnt corn but it was a good time. Superstar got a bit crunchy late in the afternoon, but a handful of other trails skied great.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning".

-Scottish Proverb

Roje has been put on time-out for a week.

...and because I know he will be reading. Hi Rog!!!
    Last edited by the Cock; 04-18-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    #HughConwayMatters

I still put the probability of you posting something useful at 0%. Happy to be proven wrong.

fussyd: i cleared space iny inbox...sorry 'bout that.
    No worries mang, I was going to call you earlier today and spaced it. "If" Mt. Insurance decides to reopen for next weekend (rumors, rumors) I figured there might be a small chance of luring you north to restart our closing day tradition.

I'd be there Sunday but headed south for the holiday, enjoy and be safe all!

Quote Originally Posted by monkfish View Post
    I still put the probability of you posting something useful at 0%. Happy to be proven wrong.
    Your math skills suck. Do you have children? I just posted a news article that references a peer reviewed report that states fluoride is a neurotoxin and reduces the IQ of children exposed to it.

Maybe there is a correlation between you all thinking I'm fucking retarded and me growing up on well water and all of you drinking the fluoride.

... and before you claim chemtrails it was published by Harvard.

So Nanabooboo!!!
    #HughConwayMatters