Page 250 of 321 FirstFirst ... 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8014
    ^^

Been doing the same here in the lowlands for about the same. Robins have been down here for 3-4 weeks, first couple must have been rough and had then foraging for anything they could find with a still frozen/covered ground.

The first album I ever bought with my own cash in 1977, I think on the day it was released btw, was Going for the One. To this day, still my fav album of all time.

I saw the robins same time frame on a very small patch of frozen ground in the back yard, watched them picking for quite a while wondering what could be there to eat.

Deep Purple Burn, 1st for me. City's ablaze, the towns on fire , womans flames are reaching higher ,we were fools ,we called her liar, all I hear is BURN, if I remember correctly.

You going to see Rhonda? I'm thinking about it.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Last Saturday was good, Corn was flying

Photo credit Vt-Freeheel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corn.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	154255

edit: seem to be having issues uploading photo-guess I have to read.

Ha, such a classic cover. David Coverdale's first album I think, 75?

Didn't see anything about that show, will look into it and let you know...scratch that, I'm out of town until that Sat.

Man, looking at my pics from 4/15 last year against the MWAC ones this year....not very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by cmurda646 View Post
    Thought i'd share a little edit from a hut trip back in Feb up to Carl's Cabin in Colorado. Bunch of EC's teared it up out there, it was a trip ill never forget. Bitch of hike to get there but so worth the goods!

Enjoy fellow EC's:

Resident Troll/stoke provider,
    Murda
    heck yes, way to go! Thanks for the edit and accompanying chill tuneage, Murda

Quote Originally Posted by drewvw View Post
    Man, looking at my pics from 4/15 last year against the MWAC ones this year....not very pretty.
    ya, snow dint start adding up til kinda late. nuther 6 weeks of turns or so tho......

rog

16.3` bob with 2" of mid weight snow overnight. trees are waving in the wind and it is a toasty 5` at the summit. Looks like an afterwork tour on the closed side is in order.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Not the refresher on George as hoped for. 2.13" of rain and 0.8" of snow. Chance of upside today but not supposed to amount to much.

30" below monthly average for snowfall. Bummer.

If it doesn't turn around quick its going to be gone too soon.

Friday is looking possible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

yea, I was thinking Friday but now have to supervise a granite templating in the morning and go over a master bath remodel with an owner in town for the morning. Probably just as good as it looks kinda meh for the next week.
    Gotta get some wolf repellent.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

thank goodness george didnt see much new snow as friday would be mank/glue fest skiing. a coupla big dumps with wind wouldn't suck tho. maybe may

friday is looking good for south and east facing. tomorrow could be south facing only as it's gonna take some time for the frigid overnight temps to warm up. skiing should be super smooth and creamy on many slopes friday. now to get the day off..........

winter wonderland at the beach this am. temps in the 20's with 1/2 inch of snow covering everything. surf was super fun even if a bit cold and breezy.

lynchy, meet at the store 6am friday for a george tour? your turn to drive

rogblog

^^^ no thanks wingnut. I'll already be up there by then and we took our last tour together after you chose to ski down on top of me in Chute. The best part was how you missed why I was so pissed and what a fucknut move it was. Said it all for me. You're new wolf buddy should be ready by June? You can show him the ropes.

The Passion is in the Risk

Moar Robins! And a Woodcock (no relation to The Cock that I'm aware of)

Dozens of robins covered this embankment in Lyndonville this morning. Both to escape the floodwaters of the Passumpsic River and the 2 inches of snow that fell after the rain. This embankment was under the floodwaters during the peak of the flooding very early this morning. As the water receded it left this embankment snow free.

robins_flood

Robins_flood2

Woodcock_1

Edit: PTT Again (would have been three in row if I wouldn't have been asleep at the wheel two pages ago )
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

pretty decent skiing out there this morning. nothing epic, but it was fun.

i always enjoy completely average april weather (80 on monday; 5" of cold smoke on wednesday), but coulda done without the flooding on tuesday. we had some nasty some flood damage to our truck yesterday from a flooded park and ride, but we're all physically ok. hope everyone else is staying above water.
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

With 3 inches of beautiful new snow on the ground here, I went and did the only logical thing I could do this morning.....

I bought a motorcycle.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    pretty decent skiing out there this morning. nothing epic, but it was fun.

i always enjoy completely average april weather (80 on monday; 5" of cold smoke on wednesday), but coulda done without the flooding on tuesday. we had some nasty some flood damage to our truck yesterday from a flooded park and ride, but we're all physically ok. hope everyone else is staying above water.
    Looks creamy
    Some moderate/bad flooding here in the NEK this morning. I'm not sure if the water made it into the Village Sports Shop or not, but it was at least VERY close.
    Sucks to hear about your truck.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post

I bought a motorcycle.
    what did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    ^^^ no thanks wingnut. I'll already be up there by then and we took our last tour together after you chose to ski down on top of me in Chute. The best part was how you missed why I was so pissed and what a fucknut move it was. Said it all for me. You're new wolf buddy should be ready by June? You can show him the ropes.

Oh get over it already. I skied down on the barely thawing corn to see if you were actually still coming up chute behind me. I VERY carefully skied down till i could see you then stopped when i could, apologized for starting down when you were still coming up, and waited for you to climb by. Bozo.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    With 3 inches of beautiful new snow on the ground here, I went and did the only logical thing I could do this morning.....

I bought a motorcycle.
    80 Monday, sure, that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Looks creamy
    Some moderate/bad flooding here in the NEK this morning. I'm not sure if the water made it into the Village Sports Shop or not, but it was at least VERY close.
    Sucks to hear about your truck.
    thanks.

i kinda wish the snow was creamy. would have been more supportive and skied better overall. it was too fluffy to keep u above the corral reef.

i bet there's going to be some drool worthy shots of single turns from today where it was blown deep. definitely had that feel to it, but didn't have time make any silly pow photos.. off to work and to deal with today's snafu

i bet there's going to be some drool worthy shots of single turns from today where it was blown deep. definitely had that feel to it, but didn't have time make any silly pow photos
    Wait, do you mean to tell me that certain pow photos are somehow staged??????

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and sorry to hear about your truck.
    Last edited by Bottleman; 04-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.

The local bump is still holding...

Name:	April2014BowlJ.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	154296

Name:	April2014BowlI.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	154297

Name:	April2014BowlK.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	154298

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Wait, do you mean to tell me that certain pow photos are somehow staged??????

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!
    whoops. nope. every photo of skiing ever taken is always randomly sampled from the entire day's ski experience. every single one. even the published ones. xD

whoops. nope. every photo of skiing ever taken is always randomly sampled from the entire day's ski experience. every single one. even the published ones. xD
    Thank Gawd. For a minute there I felt like Little Johnny learning that the Tooth Fairy might quite not exactly kinda sorta be real or sumthin'.

All is now well again in my little world.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    what did you get?
    https://www.facebook.com/WorthMotorcycles