Page 248 of 321 FirstFirst ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 8014
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    right? at least carry it up and leave it at the top till the road opens and someone could drive it down. or liftline could retrieve it. weird.

rog
    I'll be heading up as soon as I can get time off from work to clean up the trashed skis (if I can find them). It's not rangerjake's job to pack out the shit I left behind. I'll do my best to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Headed up to Mt. Washington this weekend, and trying to plan on what to pack. Anyone know if the sherburne is still to the bottom at this point? Likely headed up there with a handful of Magic regulars. Not sure what we're going to ski at this point, but eyeing hillmans or GOS, though up to suggestion.
    It is as of yesterday but huge changes from just three days ago and even more so since a week ago last Friday.

The volume of water flowing out of the ravines and down the Cutler River was just astounding and spectacular to witness yesterday. Wild! Major flooding blocking access up the Tucks trail just past HoJos (from the pond), little headwall gone but high traverse from bowl to Hillmans holding for a little longer, full on streams and many bare spots down the Sherby. Hoping for a good refresher tonight tomorrow.

Friday going to be good?!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Bulleit Rye is really good
    Neat with a cold ginger ale on the side dreaming of Corn
    It's good with a tiny sliver of actual ginger and no ice too. Oddly enough, it also works as well as Tequilla for shooters.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by liftline View Post
    I'll be heading up as soon as I can get time off from work to clean up the trashed skis (if I can find them). It's not rangerjake's job to pack out the shit I left behind. I'll do my best to clean up the mess.
    Good luck tracking it down. maybe you'll get the other half of your binding. At the least it will be a day on the hill.
    After today it's gonna be firm up high...probably firm well down past Jacob's Ladder. Cramps and axe might be a good idea.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Thankfully no pics of this^^^

Been awfully nice around here lately. Relaxing on the deck after work with some rye [which is on sale now] is bliss
    Got out last night for a mile or so ride on the mTB, in jeans and hiking boots. Mostly picking sticks and breaking up ice chunks. Downhill home was fun.

Watching the birds ride the thermals

Attachment 154210Attachment 154211
    Thats the way to do it man... got to love bulleit rye on da rocks...

You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Hahaha! Witnessed a "serious" game of gnar going down today in Tucks and Hillmans. Bare ass skiing and all! Too damn funny! All in honor of a bachelor party! A classic!

Ha ha... too funny. That's where I had mine. No nudity, tho... sorry VT-F.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

right? at least carry it up and leave it at the top till the road opens and someone could drive it down. or liftline could retrieve it. weird.

rog
    Could have carried the single trashed ski. But I didn't. Sadly if I had only a throng of second guessers and know it alls to bounce my ideas off of during my solo ski we could have gotten the single broken DPS ski back to it's owner.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    Could have carried the single trashed ski. But I didn't. Sadly if I had only a throng of second guessers and know it alls to bounce my ideas off of during my solo ski we could have gotten the single broken DPS ski back to it's owner.
    trash is trash dood.

rog

quit spamming this thread with your useless drivel
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Nice McGyveresque moves to strip binding in the field -

if I had only a throng of second guessers and know it alls to bounce my ideas off
    In the future just PM Rog your intended MTW itinerary and he will plan your day out better er for you.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

hahaha. yeah keep that rog# on speed dial, i know i do for surf condish.. not that there's a need to call, it's always pumping / clean / epic and empty, right?

here's another pic from saturday before we moved on to more un-tracked pastures..

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Haha. All very good points. I guess it would feel weird to just leave a ski out in the bc... Kinda like littering, even though you didn't put it there.
    Washington is a pile of shit from coal, a railroad, pavement, too many buildings, plus a bunch of kooks. BC this time of year it is not. You didn't leave it there and it's not your responsibility to take it down. If it was broken then it was possibly dangerous to carry which just adds to the fact it's not your deal. Nice of you to grab the binder.

No ice in the cup, D-Roc. Pure Rye as it was meant to be enjoyed.

This was the song I had in my head for around 6 hours of the slog into Baxter. Just this part, over and over and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr "Astral traveller,
    Leaving without her"

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

all you folks that think it's ok to leave trash (even if it's not yours) that you walk/ski by have no clue.

:rollseyes:

rog

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Nice McGyveresque moves to strip binding in the field -

In the future just PM Rog your intended MTW itinerary and he will plan your day out better er for you.
    Don't you all do this already? Better than as is if AAA planned it. Bwaaahahaha!

The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    Washington is a pile of shit from coal, a railroad, pavement, too many buildings, plus a bunch of kooks. BC this time of year it is not. You didn't leave it there and it's not your responsibility to take it down. If it was broken then it was possibly dangerous to carry which just adds to the fact it's not your deal. Nice of you to grab the binder.
    Wasn't me. Twas ranger jake. I'm just one of the second guessing know it alls

I know its easy to say "you shoulda picked it up" after the fact, while I sit in my living room nice an comfy. I'm sure there was more to it than just grabbing a ski and bringing it up or down to get it off the mountain. I am one of those guys that will pick up a wrapper or ziploc bag while out hiking. I hate seeing trash In the backcountry. I know a 5 ft piece of wood and metal is a different ball game. At least he grabbed the $200 binding...

blah blah blah blah blah blah

rogblahg
    Ya, I always pack out a couple tie stubs from the cog to keep mtw in pristine cond -
    This thread needs more clownbikes
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

If the ski had been one of Worth's new 100% biodegradable series skis, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Ya, I always pack out a couple tie stubs from the cog to keep mtw in pristine cond -
    This thread needs more clownbikes
    The cog, both sides of the cog, and the debris is cog property. Doosh.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    No ice in the cup, D-Roc. Pure Rye as it was meant to be enjoyed.

This was the song I had in my head for around 6 hours of the slog into Baxter. Just this part, over and over and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr "Astral traveller,
    Leaving without her"

You're dating yourself there vtf! It doesn't get a whole lot more obscure than that tune (well maybe if you had Gates of Delirium or The Remembering in your head) even for Yes.

Interesting fact about Time and a Word, Howe is on the album cover and in the video but didn't actually play a note on the recording, all the guitar work is Peter Banks. He got the boot shortly after the the album was recorded.

Damn am I glad I got out yesterday, these hot sheets of pounding liquid are surely doing some damage to what has been an impressively well sustained snowpack so far. Spent most of the 3 short hours I was out in the trees and coverage was still 100% and rode surprisingly well despite the temps and snow eating southerlies. Hope the changeover later happens quickly where it matters.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 04-15-2014 at 12:47 PM.

all you folks that think it's ok to leave trash (even if it's not yours) that you walk/ski by have no clue.

:rollseyes:

rog

Spoken like a true Mainer.

You should come to Springfield sometime... Bring a dump truck.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    Welcome back to me. Looking forward to catching the tail of the season and make up for a warm one in Yurp.
    But it was fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02873.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	802.5 KB 
ID:	154236

Still and all stoked to be back to the familiar and sarcastic, shit talking 'Mericas. And corn!
    Jobless and running out of funds I will be unloading some gear. Of course EC gets first dibs and figured this bag is not worth shipping so if interested and we can meet up lets do it...

DaKine split roller. A couple years old so the canvas is heavier and the configuration is different than the current model. But bomber isn't even the word. Things been around the world and you can't hardly tell.

Name:	DSC03393.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1,002.4 KB 
ID:	154237

Name:	DSC03394.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	154238

More to come but I gotta run.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

trash is trash dood.

rog
    And what the fuk is up with people leaving bags of dog shit nicely perched on trailside logs? There is no hope.

God help the first bonehead I see do this, I might loose my shit. -end rant.

More pictures please.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    And what the fuk is up with people leaving bags of dog shit nicely perched on trailside logs? There is no hope.

God help the first bonehead I see do this, I might loose my shit. -end rant.

More pictures please.
    Those are for the shit fairy. You return the next day and you will find a coupon for some Busch Lite.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    I might loose my shit.

Better than tightening it.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community