Page 319 of 321 FirstFirst ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 8014
    cool looking moon tonight.

Huh, maybe I should tune up my second pair of 90's.
    Wet flakes this evening again? 39/28windchill

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    cool looking moon tonight.
    that's a hell of a post kid, keep up the good work.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Stick season is nigh, awful windy right now to get a picture of the moon. It was nice a few nights back.

Found this tasty Imperial and stashed a few away for a cold winters night

This guy means BIG snow is due

I guess I'll start a new RC over the weekend, working on a ton of projects right now and need a bit of time to collect some info together, If anyone has anything to promote, pm me the info or post it here and I'll collect for the opening page.
    Thanks!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ya VTF, I'm seeing those fuzzy little guys everywhere. Bring it.
    The Passion is in the Risk

Tons of wooly bears...tons of accorns..and the peepers are still calling in October??? Took the Mrs.' split in for a basegrind..It's going to get here fast...And yea, the moon is sick

Winters a long ways off. Enjoy non winter now. It's here. Killer morning for a ride. Best time of year to ride

i bet that's slidable up top! don't worry Rog. Surfing near my hometown yesterday. The Buoy hit 12' @ 8s

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    is your box clean, guy?
    i sent a PM, not sure if you got it.
    You PM'd Rontele!

ahh, skis. who cares, fat, skinny, locked in, or free...just ride 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    i bet that's slidable up top! don't worry Rog. Surfing near my hometown yesterday. The Buoy hit 12' @ 8s
    the river? Or ns?

nothin here but shin high choppy chop. So we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Are there any passes that are good for 3+ days at areas in VT and/or NH etc. that don't black out the week after christmas? Looking to get some skiing done with my brother when I go home for the holidayz and am looking into options to keep prices down. Would like to hit SB, smuggs, jay but any advice is great as I have not tried to fare the crowds before.
    Might want to check out the VT Travel Club card. Gives you decent discounts at a number of VT areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr brownstone View Post
    Winters a long ways off. Enjoy non winter now. It's here. Killer morning for a ride. Best time of year to ride
    The best days are turns in the morn and single track for dinner. You know this mang
    dotswax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    The best days are turns in the morn and single track for dinner. You know this mang
    With an afternoon surf. Gotta love the ec

Wet flakes at the summit this afternoon! Stoked!

Post 8000!
    A few final pics from this Leaf Peeping season:

PuddingHillShed3 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

DarlingHill6 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

PuddingHill_Burke2 by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Final? I hope not, maybe they'll stick around in the valleys for a bit.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Boom!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1412969325483.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	158932  

4pm, back away from the computers and go get yourself a beer. happy weekend.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Lucky #7 EC Roll Call 2013-14!

^Thx,u 2. I have one Heady left I've been saving for today...

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Boom!
    Nice!... I hope it's as tasty as the bacon next week?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Nice looking tuna. Always wanted to hook one of those. Going to take ML's advice and go pop one open on the deck and collect some needed vitamin D

Just a heads up for any mags in the Burlington area who may be interested, UVMSSC is screening Higher in the billings lecture hall at 7:30. Tickets are $10 at the door and there will prize giveaways and a chance to win the tour grand prize.

http://www.tetongravity.com/films/je...y-jones-higher

ESAW update follows below.

I've posted the referenced schedule at a temporary link:
    2014 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joosen (copied from a mass email)
    Only one month and ESAW 2014 will be here. If you haven't signed up yet please do as soon as possible! http://www.esaw.org/registration/ It will help our logistics volunteers greatly in relation to coffee, food, and other refreshments.

We're once again excited to say we've got a great day in store. Our list of presentations is attached and will also be up at www.esaw.org over the next couple of days. We have topics from our local mountains, western professionals, about avalanche rescue and PPE, as well as a great panel round table discussion. To keep our avalanche talks vibrant we have once again brought in speakers from around North America.

Speakers: We have many great speakers at this year’s event and we’ll list more info about them soon on the ESAW website soon. A few highlights: This year we are honored to have Karl Birkeland the Director of the US Forest Service National Avalanche Center. I got to know Karl between 15-20 years ago and he has a truly unique skill in taking very scientific concepts and making them understandable for the field. He has an extremely well rounded background that he brings to his current role. He has been a Patroller at Bridger Bowl, started the Bozeman Avalanche Forecasting program for the Forest Service, was our USFS National Avalanche Scientist and now steers the future of avalanche forecasting on public lands across the United States. Toby Weed is coming from the Utah Avalanche Center stationed at the Logan office. As you know, Utah boasts “The Greatest Snow on Earth” and I know his talks will demonstrate this well. I really look forward to his presentation of an extreme avalanche cycle that gave him a few more grey hairs. Sam Colebeck will be back with us bringing continued relevance of snow physics principles. He helps us understanding why crystals bond, change, fracture and fail leading to merely collapse, or an avalanche. In addition to some of our region’s usual suspects from Mount Washington and NSP, we are also very excited about our partnership with the American Alpine Club. This has produced a new ESAW scholarship award through the "Live your Dream" grant as well as “Avalanches and Climbing - Staying alive while pushing the limits in alpine terrain” a round table discussion with some very recognizable names and talent. These personalities include Kevin Mahoney, Mark Richey, Majka Burhardt, Jesse Williams, and Ben Leoni. I am looking forward to all of it!

Young snow hounds. What really got us motivated to get ESAW going a few years ago was to create a new avalanche venue at a high level in the Northeast. Just as motivating was thinking about the next generation of kids and young adults. These students will not only be heading into the mountains in future winters, but will be carrying the avalanche message forward when we're gone. We need to give them all the tools we can and mentor their development. They are the next patrollers, climber and skier professionals, meteorologists, and avalanche forecasters. We will have more young snow enthusiasts this year than ever before. The White Mountain Avalanche Education Fund has to date sponsored 22 motivated High School students for ESAW2014, many who are involved with ski academies and racing programs. Hopefully some of them will be our next avalanche forecasters, patrollers, physicists, and engineers!

In addition to the four long term partners that have made ESAW possible, namely the Mount Washington Volunteer Ski Patrol, The U.S. Forest Service Mount Washington Avalanche Center, International Mountain Equipment, and the American Avalanche Association we have some great supporters for 2014. http://www.esaw.org/sponsors/ There is no way we could produce the great day we do without their generosity and help. Last year you had about a 1/3 chance to go home with a pretty good raffle prize. This year we’ll try to equal that. I look forward to seeing you at ESAW! Hope you can make it.

Christopher Joosen, Director- Mount Washington Avalanche Center
    Mo' skimo here: NE Rando Race Series

Is anybody doing the leafblower?