Page 209 of 321 FirstFirst ... 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 8014
    A video montage of Feb/March at Cannon. Got to make some great turns!!! Check it

"Totally Wicked"

Damn kids . Now that's sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by skigoody View Post
    A video montage of Feb/March at Cannon. Got to make some great turns!!! Check it

Nice work - looks like you caught some good days there.

video from last thursday sadly go pro quit working at noon when I started to go out of our boundaries...

Plenty of snow, nice turns and good tunes. Thanks!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post

video from last thursday sadly go pro quit working at noon when I started to go out of our boundaries...
    It didn't quit working soon enough.

Nice stoke all

Last nights dump was a surprise Vulcan repeat today, but without the crowds.

Sequoiashan running a few

Last edited by thin cover; 03-19-2014 at 11:03 AM.

As promised, here are some photos from yesterday's trip up the camel's hump. I'm blatantly cross-posting from my friend's blog, who took all the photos and wrote it up here:

http://carpeski-em.blogspot.com/2014...-and-alex.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1028.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	152728

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	152730

Name:	IMG_1065.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	325.3 KB 
ID:	152731

Name:	IMG_1076.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	152732

And... of course, it's the "camel's hump," so when you're on the camel, you gotta hump it:

Name:	IMG_1038.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	835.0 KB 
ID:	152733
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1044.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	339.9 KB 
ID:	152729  

Last nights dump was a surprise Vulcan repeat today, but without the crowds.

That looks epic!
    "Totally Wicked"

Well wit no t o p lets try this

A nice day on the hill started with some skiing with ML

And his brother

Surface Whore chased us down after Hg broke yet again

Working on the afternoon pow hunt with Surface after Hg reopened.

Attachment 152745 Attachment 152746 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4642.jpg 
Views:	719 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	152748
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Here is a fun pic from Jay, taken on Thursday. Sorry, not so quick on the updates. JPR was full on powder frenzy, combined with Ontario March Break, plus various wind & mechanical holds = route finding challenges. Then my sister-in-law managed to break her femur on Saturday, which was a bit of a distraction. Big kudos and thanks to the JP ski Patrol for their excellent and efficient work getting her packaged and transported off the mountain, into the waiting ambulance. Great care by the emerg doctors and staff at the North Country Hosptital in Newport as well. Long road ahead for her and my brother.

Name:	thin cover NWP.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	286.6 KB 
ID:	152758
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." Edward Abbey

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy the The Real Jay Peak Snow Report

Anybody else heading to Mt. Ellen tomorrow? $17 tickets for green beer day.

I'll be there, but I'm in no hurry for first chair: I've got a binding issue to try and fix once the shop in Waitsfield opens.
    Yeah? Well, you know, that's just, like, uh... your opinion, man.

^^^^^very tempting, but too cold to be in the mountains for this guy. have fun!

rog

Nice stoke up in there from the notch!
    Sunday Brunch consisted of bisquits and pow, powder hash, and a tall, cool glass of holy fuk.
    Can concur on the frostbite popping up like zits on a ginger (just kidding), frost bite sucks more. It's March? You wouldn't believe me if I told you. No time for pictures this week, or probably the next week too. Yee hah!

^^ the amazing pow run in NoVT continues!

Polar VTex....

Sweet shots all and nice footy powbmps and skigoody. Mr. Multi, sorry to hear about your SIL, vibes! I decided to stick to my home base this weekend.

Awesome weekend to cap off a killer week (leaving out the missing keys incident!). Cold yesterday but no crowds and a better than little refresher cleared the canvas and got rid of the lower elevation mank from Saturday afternoon.

Here are a few cell shots of Exastronaut from yesterday afternoon chasing what TC and Seq. left behind. First lap provided one turn after another of full face shots...the first time I've ever thought, "damn, wish I had a gopro right now".

Dropping a nice little chute

Name:	2014-03-16 14.25.00-1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	152780

Deep

Name:	20140316_141427.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	152781

Nose up

Name:	20140316_141424.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	152782
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 03-17-2014 at 07:23 AM.

sweet stoke FD! and all!

14 stupid second half of march degrees at the beach this am. had every intention of getting up on george today, but for the 5th week in a row now, either the weather or snow have not cooperated. too fucking cold today up there. luckily the fatbike and the surfboard have been daily drivers. the riding is tremendous right now with the best crust imaginable. headed out in a few for a 2-3 hour go anywhere crust cruise.

maybe george thursday or friday.

keep the stoke coming gang

rog

Well done! Worthy stuff there for sure. Pillows and drainages were my faves. Nice work!

In other news, was pleasantly surprised yesterday to find snow conditions in the woods at the Midd Massif to be generally awesome. I was expecting nasty refrozen, and instead found supportive pow, with a few of the sunnier aspects showing some very thin refrozen layering that was easily pushed through and aside.

No Pro pics, no gnarly, so-core-brah-I'm-spittin'-appleseeds lines shredded by the weasel this weekend, just lots of EVERYTHING on the mountain with full crew of tinies. Family ski weekends are turning into family shredfests, and I, for one, am beyond stoked. My seven year old can't wait for the lift season to be done so she can finally get into "the BACKCOUNTRY, DADDY, PLEAAAASE!!!!!!?!?!" She was staring across the street from the Bailey Falls lift yesterday at the Silent Cliffs ridge, picking her line. Really.
    "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."- Alan Greenspan

Quick Beta Request:

A few weeks ago, I found a post that referenced a snow forecast blog that focuses on New England (VT/NH.) Can anyone repost the link? I use Opensnow when I head out west, but the Opensnow guy is sorely unreliable when it comes to getting info out to me. Even if the word is "Snow's gonna Suck" I still want to see the pretty model pictures (pun intended) that support the snow/no-snow forecasts.

Thanks in advance!
    neednsnow.com

Chasin Snow whenever time allows.

Quote Originally Posted by neednsnow View Post
    Quick Beta Request:

A few weeks ago, I found a post that referenced a snow forecast blog that focuses on New England (VT/NH.) Can anyone repost the link? I use Opensnow when I head out west, but the Opensnow guy is sorely unreliable when it comes to getting info out to me. Even if the word is "Snow's gonna Suck" I still want to see the pretty model pictures (pun intended) that support the snow/no-snow forecasts.

Thanks in advance!
    This should help http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ewall.html

Not that I was there, but I recognize a few mags in this shot of Hickory, apres on Saturday:

Name:	HickoryApres.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	152786
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Yeah - Hickory was awesome on Saturday...the snow was very heavy, which meant you didn't hit a rock all day...the woods were skiing great. First run down Paul's Peril was awesome. Afternoon bumps with everyone skiing in packs was all-time fine- felt like I was in a spring skiing scene from an old 70s ski flick.

The people at Hickory are so great- wonderful community.

The views were also pretty good on the skin up on Saturday morning (I couldn't resist)

Name:	1911627_826730653068_1127641811_n.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	152787
    Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    Not that I was there, but I recognize a few mags in this shot of Hickory, apres on Saturday:

Name:	HickoryApres.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	152786
    Last edited by Adrider83; 03-17-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted26 View Post
    Thanks for the cornucopia of pretty model pictures, well played. This is a throw-back Penn State's Weatherworld on PBS. Now, anyone with the actual blog that interprets this into snow verbiage. Info would be greatly appreciated.
    neednsnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    If you're trying to keep calm and not over-jones, then do NOT read Josh Fox: http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com
    Found it. Post aren't much more frequent than the OS guy, but this will suffice when I'm not getting the attention that I yearn.
    neednsnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Great to meet and get some runs and a hike in with powbumps today and thanks for the kick down. Top of the bowl turns were well worth the "slow" trek back to the lot...hope you made the party in time!

Round 2 for the day was some great s/c fun with strawjack and crew, YOU ROCK, thanks dude...those boys of yours are shredders and Marley is now my new best friend!
    Ha! Marley's new best friend for sure! Thanks so much for showing us some stashes and going to the wire was so the call with the refills coming down. Which prevented the phone cam from coming out! Although, in hindsight I really should have grabbed a pic of you and Marley!

Love the Smuggs...been way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    Thanks for showing me around. My legs were shot after that hike, and I couldn't see shit, but it was fun. Weather did change a bit throughout the day. Wish I could have stuck around to meet strawjack.

Looks familiar.
    Yeah, sorry we missed each other. Next time. And ya, that guy at the end of your edit looks familiar! That jacket he's wearing has defective zippers.

I know all those lines all too well. Nice edit. You should definitely ride with my kids some time.

Great stoke all! Man was it good! Took a long time to get here, but she's in now!

Little Smuggs survival turn photo when we were 'lost' in the woods trying to meet up with FussyDutch and Powbumps.

Bumped into Buckethead at MRG on Sun, nice to meet you man!

That place was going off and man did it ski well. Some big lines were taken way skiers left in paradise. I actually hiked back out of a line...first time in years I've had to do that It was a solid 20'+ that this old mans knees was not up for! At that point is still had to pic between the lesser of two-three-four crazy lines. I can't imagine how many people get in over their heads.

Fun soft landings were everywhere!

tunes -