DIY Splitboard Advice

I'm looking to get my 2nd splitboard up and running soon. Right now I have an Arbor Draft that was split and has had 3 bc seasons and 6 inbounds seasons. Obviously, it has become too much of a rock board.

A Ride Antic 162 wide is sitting in my garage at the moment with a total of 1 day on it. I am thinking of sending it to my buddy to split.

Problem: I need hardware. I want to be able to swap my bindings (Blaze LT) from board to board with no hassle. I know I need to get the LT touring brackets. I also want to use some K-Clips on it too. Futhermore, to fill in the gaps (heel risers, voile pucks, nose and tail clips, etc.), so does that mean I need to buy the Voile Universal Splitboard Hardware For Light Rail 2014? It doesn't even look like it has tail or nose clips with it!

Any usefull advice?

wong fowum jong

try tech talk

rog

He is right^
    The universal kit is for a factory split, so has no hardware, split hooks or tip clips. You need a DIY kit and the K clips, or piece it together. You may have better luck in tech talk.

Didn't see that in the winter forum. Don't mind me, haven't checked all the sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    wong fowum jong

try tech talk

rog

Think I need the voile diy kit, k clips & hardware, and spark lt binding brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by tahoermk View Post
    He is right^
    The universal kit is for a factory split, so has no hardware, split hooks or tip clips. You need a DIY kit and the K clips, or piece it together. You may have better luck in tech talk.

Unless you're talking about some new jong-proof nuclear-powered splitboard specifically designed to have buckets of fun riding atop snow slides, this forum is the AVALANCHE forum.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Quote Originally Posted by Pow_Chaser View Post
    so does that mean I need to buy the Voile Universal Splitboard Hardware For Light Rail 2014?
    First, wrong fucking forum jong
    Second, no one around here gives fuck-all about splitting, never mind DIY splits.

To answer your question....

The light rail hardware DOES NOT include tail or nose clips, just pucks, heel risers, touring brackets, etc....

You will need to purchase the complete DIY kit from Voile if you wish to have their components on your board.
    http://www.voile.com/voile-splitboar...t-kit-diy.html

However, you mentioned something about wanting K-clips and the LT touring bracket which as you know are not Voile and do not come in any of the kits Voile has to offer. So you can either order the DIY kit and have some extra Voile parts (probably not a bad idea) or you can piece together all the hardware that you need for your DIY. The sky’s the limit kid
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Was able to piece together it all from voile and a few other sources. It's going to be a sick board once made.

^^nice, post a pic when you get it all together
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Hy, I hope you can help since you seem to have a lot of experience in DIY splitboards, does it realy work well? I've been in the backcountry with mini skis but I'm sick of carrying the extra luggage. Much appreciate any help, Paul.

if you took the time to read the whole thread, youd find that you are in the wrong section.

go here
    http://splitboard.com/talk/viewforum.php?f=16
    long live the jahrator

My god. Apparently I'm a genius level splitboarder because I realize this section is for avalanche shit

Wrong forum.

Forget about split board. Post up necked pics of your sister!
    Feeling anxious, a little paranoid.