Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    I bought my wife a Vitamix as a payment for "helping" me with a statistics class - that was 5 years ago. She makes smoothies ever day (including with nuts and seeds and ice cubes) and stuffs the thing so full that the cover doesn't even fit on.

Smoothies come out as good as the day we pulled it out of the box (not a refurb but BNIB) and this thing has some hard miles on it. So thats strange that something is wrong with yours Iceman - ours has been nothing but reliable.
    This. I was reluctant to shell out that kind of coin for a blender...but I figured I'd gone through 3 "normal" blenders, so why not.

I think I've had mine for 4yrs now. Smoothies 6 days/week. A shit ton of ice and 1 cup frozen blueberries. Blender works like the day we bought it.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

My friend has one. I'm convinced that you should use hearing protection when using it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    So far it’s self cleaning claims are legit. Have to sponge the lid and the upper rim but the blades spin and vortex clean with water and a drop of dish soap.

Ours replaced a ninja. Those cups are damn convenient. But this thing could purée a ninja
    I really think the cups are the standout feature of the Ninja: Load smoothie ingredients into single serving cup. Screw on blender cap. Flip and put into blender. Blend. Take cap off. Rinse the blades. Drink smoothie. Use another cup if you're making another smoothie or didn't run the dishwasher.

I definitely use our blender enough to justify paying for a good one, but those cups are just so damn convenient.

"Will it Blend?"

Handful of ball bearings?
    Cinder block?
    MatchBox cars?
    Silverware?

I see hydraulic turtles.

I think I'm gonna push the smoothie button.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I gave my wife a Vitamix last Christmas and coincidentally she was complaining about it this morning, and it seems she has a point, it doesn't want to get up to speed and seems to be struggling in general. She's hell on everything mechanical, no doubt she's played some role in this, but the thing is only like 14 months old. She makes smoothies every day but that's really all the use it's seen, I'm a little miffed at this thing just now.
    Don't all Vitamix blenders come with a 3 or 5 year warranty? You should be able to just get it replaced if it's not working. They're generally super reliable, but every company makes a few defective units here and there. If it's legit not working right I'd bet they'll replace it without question.

Blendtechs have a 7 year no-questions-asked warranty, including on refurbs, which is one of the reasons I went that direction. Mine's 3 years old, used daily multiple times (smoothies for me and the wife every day), and it's still working like new.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

I think I'll have an iPhone Smoothie. iPhone Smoothie? iPhone Smoothie? Three iPhone Smoothies.

Who wants an Orange Whip?, Orange whip? , Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips

Apparently they make soup. First batch edible but not earth shattering. Soup without flame is odd. I could really taste the fresh tomatoes, and it wasn’t cold gazpacho. And it was piping hot just from the blades of hell spinning so fast.
    . . .

...piping hot isn't desirable LOL. Most folks buy blenders so they can conveniently drink an ice cold smoothie.

I had no ideas smoothies were so popular.

Okay, I may be sold.
    The 3-to-5 years and still going stories are intriguing, especially since I have blown through 2 Nutribullets recently (they love to expire just a few weeks after the warranty is up for some reason).

And, man, I hain't made a smoothie since like August and I'm still going through withdrawals...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I see hydraulic turtles.

(not having luck finding the og version)

When did mags become housewives?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Years ago. It's okay, Buttah will be along to tell everyone to punch themselves in the dick for it any minute now.

I’m diehard loyal to Vitamix, and not just cause they’re from Cleveland.

We’re on our second only because we needed to keep our first somewhere else. Both are running strong as the day we got em 5 and 10 years ago. Killer service too from what I’m told if you need it.

Green smoothie every morning because I like to chip the porcelain off the crapper about an hour afterwards and because I eat Chick Fil A every other Friday.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I gave my wife a Vitamix last Christmas and coincidentally she was complaining about it this morning, and it seems she has a point, it doesn't want to get up to speed and seems to be struggling in general. She's hell on everything mechanical, no doubt she's played some role in this, but the thing is only like 14 months old. She makes smoothies every day but that's really all the use it's seen, I'm a little miffed at this thing just now.
    Flip the pitcher over and try to twist the gear blade w your hand. Does it go smoothly or is it tight ? If it’s tight contact manufacturer for warranty.

They replaced mine 5 years in (3y ago) and stick going strong.

Wife has used her vitamix daily for the past dozen or so years. Mostly for reducing morning greens to froth. She revs the throttle, and then hits high speed for 30sec. You can feel the damn thing through the house, and if there has been a decline in its performance, it's been imperceptible. Wish some of my tools in my shop had its torque.