Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Getting fucked with...

Last week I was getting ready for work in the morning. I heard a loud bang and looked out my front window. I saw that the driver of a late 90s 4Runner had backed into my neighbor's truck. Completely crumpled the left front corner panel of my neighbor's truck. I watched intently to identify the driver and see if he would leave a note. Some kid jumps out, assesses the damage (fucked up my neighbor's truck/minimal damage to driver's bumper). He goes back into his car and retrieves a pad of paper and starts to write a note. Good kid.

So, I go to get my camera and meet him outside, not thinking he was going to ditch his conscience and drive off before I could get out there. Well, I was wrong. I caught the shithead speeding away, no note, when I got out there. I couldnt get the license number, but I have a decent idea about what he looks like and a great idea what his rig looks like.

My house is one block from a Seattle HS and this guy looked like a high schooler parking for the day. I called the school and they told me first period started that day at 7 am. Homeboy ran into the truck at 6:50. So, I spoke with the principal to just keep an eye out for the vehicle and to let me know if anyone knew the kid. Then a drove around the neighborhood looking for the guy to no avail. Fast forward a bit. Apparently the school posted some flier or some such (dumb move) and it stirred up some shit.

This morning I find a huge red spray painted area just in front of my driveway with the phrase "Dead man Talk." I also find that my gas tank has been tampered with. I dont think there was a breach, just someone fucking with the flap. It drove fine on the way in today. Right next to the graffiti I find some credentials for a younger looking (maybe high schooler) construction worker. Almost too conspicuously placed. I havent called the construction company to let them know or to vet this guy out, but I will later.

So, spring gun?
    Why the credentials? Theory?

I want to wring these kids' necks like Tippster on a drunken transcontinental flight.

TL/DR: TL/WNR

Call cops on the death threat. Repeat.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

OK...I'm confused. The guy left ID at the site?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Hugh Conway Guest
    this is an actual use for one of those video cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Someone left (coincidentally dropped?) somebody's ID right next to the graffiti.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    id like to second this confusion.

If ID was indeed left on scene my bet is its a plant. Frame some other dude. But if he is a local high schooler likely driving around and paying attention from time to time will turn up the truck. Was it just a "plain jane" 4 runner? Any identifiable markings that make it stand out? Mag community is strong...some more input might turn up the offender.

Creditantials? Like a resume? Sexy face shot?

Perhaps you should leave your lawyrin creditantials on his 4-runner, along with photos of the death threat and a subpoena.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Call cops on the death threat.
    Having already involved the school I think you now have to do this.

Calling the cops on the hit and run in the first place might have been a better idea than going to the school....wtf role do they have in traffic infractions?

Or best of all you should have informed neighbor what you'd seen and leave it up to him as to how to pursue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Having already involved the school I think you now have to do this.

Calling the cops on the hit and run in the first place might have been a better idea than going to the school....wtf role do they have in traffic infractions?

Or best of all you should have informed neighbor what you'd seen and leave it up to him as to how to pursue?

I was pretty sure it was a student, so I just wanted to principal to keep an eye out for the truck. Its a moderately hoity toity private school, and they actually give a shit about their kids bashing into community area cars and driving off. Calling the cops immediately would have been the way to go as well.

I left a note on my neighbor's truck with everything I knew and told him to buzz me if he had any questions. Havent heard back and that was the last I thought about it until this morning.

Rig looks like this only less shiny. Either black or very dark green. No stickers that stood out but rack bars on the top (no attachments). Looked like thule. If he hasnt fixed it, there should be some damage to the rear right area of his silver bumper. The truck he hit was pine green, so maybe some green paint on the bumper. I live on the north side of greenlake, so he may be in that area.

this one will require popcorn....update regularly please.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    moderately hoity toity private school, and they actually give a shit about their kids bashing into community area cars and driving off.
    Hoity Toity or not. They have no role in traffic infractions. You should have told the cops (or let your neighbor tell cops) that you suspected it was a school student.

But I'm not the one with someone else's hit & run hate graffiti sprayed outside my house. What do I know.

$10 says cops say same thing.

Hoity Toity or not. They have no role in traffic infractions. You should have told the cops (or let your neighbor tell cops) that you suspected it was a school student.

But I'm not the one with someone else's hit & run hate graffiti sprayed outside my house. What do I know.

$10 says cops say same thing.
    I know they have no obligations, clearly. They just may have some useful knowledge and they may want to pass it on if they want to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    I want to wring these kids' necks like Tippster on a drunken transcontinental flight.
    I'm a tripper, not a wringer.

Call the cops. Now.

Shitty way to start the weekend. Would also involve the po-lice.

this kid has been watching too many episodes of breaking bad ...

spraying that shit on the road is as bad as posting it online ...

I'm sure his principle and parents will approve ...
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

blanchet?
    b

Not a traffic infraction, a crime. And private schools do look down on their students committing crimes...

How exactly did he know it was you, I'm missing that part...

I would just keep an eye out for the car, if he does go to school there and you pay attention you'll probably see it at some point. Obviously you have don't really have a huge timeline since in a couple weeks/months down the road no one will give a shit anymore.

At this point you should give the popo a ring, tell them what happened with the accident, that you went to the school, shit hit fan, and you ended up with paint at the end of your driveway and gas tank tampered. There's enough evidence (kind of) for them to at least look into it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    Not a traffic infraction, a crime. And private schools do look down on their students committing crimes...
    Ok then a crime.

Even more the case that the school isn't the correct agency to report someone else's non injury hit and run to. Even if ultimately they may actually take an active involvement with the police and come up with their own punishment for their student outside of the legal system.

Hugh Conway Guest
    If people solved their problems simply and directly they wouldn't post on TGR

murder...clearly....murder
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Cops. Report hit and run, leaving the scene, threats, ect. Find the car in the school parking lot, take pics, get license plate. Your neighbor will be psyched too probably.

Call your neighborhood police officer if you have one and have a little conversation. I am in your camp of making kids accountable. Maybe find the truck/kid/parents. If you get lucky and find parents that give a shit you'll get free yard work for the next 6 months ! I use to be a dumbass as a high schooler but if my folks ever busted me I HAD TO PAY in a big way. Maybe you can put an ad on Craig's List for a HS enforcer for like $40 and a few cases of PBR to get it handled ?

Ok then a crime.

Even more the case that the school isn't the correct agency to report someone else's non injury hit and run to. Even if ultimately they may actually take an active involvement with the police and come up with their own punishment for their student outside of the legal system.
    Yeah I agree, but at this point, the cops aren't going to do anything. The kids going to get away w/ the crime (though the seattle city prosecutor's office is pretty agro- they have 27 lawyers and try almost 200 cases a year for the 10,000 misdemeanor's they file, those are crazy numbers). The best way to find the little shit and have the neighbor's ins. co. go after him for the claim, is through the school.