Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Moab Ho Down registration available

A buddy of mine is registered for the Ho-Down enduro race and he isn't going to be able to make it. Anybody interested in picking it up for $50? It's normally $65 so you could save a few bucks. I've called Chili Pepper and confirmed that we can transfer the registration.

I'll take it! More money for raffle tix! Pm sent

Nice J! I'll likely be there but unfortunately, still in no condition to race.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Same, headed down Thursday to Saturday. Lets camp Friday night and drink some beers?

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Nice J! I'll likely be there but unfortunately, still in no condition to race.

Is it filled up? Crazy.

I'm registered, have some friends trying to convince me to go to Fruita instead. But I'll most likely race. If the family doesn't come down I'll join for some camping and beverages.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

I'm heading down Friday morning. I enjoy camping and beer drinking.

Is it really full? I've got a spot too if anyone needs it. It's painfully clear that I'll be in no condition to race.

Yeah Tim I'll be camping, prolly go for free camping though. Like up on the mesa. Dalton wells(?), forget exactly what the road is called.

Free camping is fine by me. Bummer on the ankle. Sounds like Flowtron got a hall pass!

Is it really full? I've got a spot too if anyone needs it. It's painfully clear that I'll be in no condition to race.

Yeah Tim I'll be camping, prolly go for free camping though. Like up on the mesa. Dalton wells(?), forget exactly what the road is called.

WWMD? Chill weekend shredding east Fruita singletrack and trails or RACING!?!

I see it as a few days in Fruita with the majority of the Boulder County cycling population who aren't super serial CX racers or a few days in Moab which involve 2 fun race runs, some legit Sombrio pump track rallying, bookended by fun trail riding and beer drinking and a costume party.

Trying to talk andrew into going this w/e but he's on the fence- maybe some of you could help my cause with the beer drinking enticements....

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    I see it as a few days in Fruita with the majority of the Boulder County cycling population who aren't super serial CX racers or a few days in Moab which involve 2 fun race runs, some legit Sombrio pump track rallying, bookended by fun trail riding and beer drinking and a costume party.
    Bingo.

And babybear, YES get him down here.

I know - it would be great since we haven't seen any of you guys this summer! I'll work on him more this eve.
    The website events schedule is sorta confusing though- I assume both races are Saturday, right? But if the amasa back race is first and the race starts at 9am, why do they have an LPS shuttle at 8am and again at 10am?

Weird, I'm guessing the 8AM is supposed to go to Amassa Back and then 10AM takes us over to LPS.

Ok yea that's what we were thinking too. It's not actually sold out is it? Andrew said he doesn't care about racing but I want to. I haven't reg'd yet but will chk now. It also doesn't say on the website if you have to use the same bike. I'd imagine my HD would be great for the amasa back lap and the SL always worked nicely on the LPS run. hmmmmm

Yeah I think combining those two tracks should make for one of the most fun enduros all year. Stoked. I'm hoping we have to use the same bike on both stages...

Wish I could join you monkeys with my convict outfit again! Busy digging on Snow King until the bitter end....
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

haha I forgot about you racing in the convict suit- that was great!

Thought I saw somewhere on the site that it's Enduro rules re: same bike. I don't think it's sold out, I was just curious and it let me put the registration in my cart. Anyway I have a reg I won't be using if you need it.

Where's everyone camping? I'll go with the flow while everyone's around...

BTW way it's Willow Springs road (Dalton Springs is further out) where I usually end up for free camping. It's out of town to the north about ten minutes, past gemini bridges road, on the right (heading east). Lots of good sites up there.

From the facebooks, regarding same bike or different bike on the two stages:

Moab Ho Down Mountain Bike and Film Festival we are being pretty loose with it. but honestly after having raced on both a dh bike and a trail bike, i think a trail bike is the weapon of choice for both stages any way.

p.s. we are staying in town with the family, bit too cold for the little one at night for camping.

When do you arrive? I'll be staying in town Thursday night but plan on camping Friday.

Thought I saw somewhere on the site that it's Enduro rules re: same bike. I don't think it's sold out, I was just curious and it let me put the registration in my cart. Anyway I have a reg I won't be using if you need it.

Where's everyone camping? I'll go with the flow while everyone's around...

BTW way it's Willow Springs road (Dalton Springs is further out) where I usually end up for free camping. It's out of town to the north about ten minutes, past gemini bridges road, on the right (heading east). Lots of good sites up there.
    - - - - Skiing is for little fat kids - - - - - -

rats I guess we're not going to be able to make it this w/e.
    Andrew got booked for a jellystone tour on Sunday- so he feels he should work after the dry spell when the parks were shut down.
    Just another thing we can blame the gov for....

Thanks as well for this offer. our friend Aaron that owns the hub will be there though if you still need to unload the reg