Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Westfalia, Type II, Bus, Vanagon, and all air cools!

She’s a beauty dude! Might could add the ej25 NA to the list? If the 20 fits a 25 “should” too no? NA says no cooling for the intercooler needed. Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 03-10-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    She’s a beauty dude! Might could add the ej25 NA to the list? If the 20 fits a 25 “should” too no? Cheers!!!

Agreed ^.

I had an ej22 in my syncro westy and while that was a huge improvement, I always wanted more. With a lighter 2wd an ej25 would be night and day difference and likely easy to find.

yeah lafitte, its real clean. Only rust found is under the drivers step about the size of a quarter. I pulled the fridge as they suck anyway and changing the propane the white bottles for safety on the stove. Water tank needs a new pump. Little stuff that I was getting to until it decided to take the winter off and hibernate in garage.

ok, did not think on EJ25, previous daily was an 04 wrx so that was on the mind, I like this new idea. EJ's can be found easy and cheap to rebuild. Vancafe up Ft Collins sells a conversion kit for swaps. Will also do the work but could be a fun summer project.

Love it!! Well we got a storm coming but dude hit me up I’ll come over and help you wrench on her whichever route you go.

Betcha we find an ej with good compression only need timing belt HG and water pump why not if its out on a stand? No need to fuck with the internals.

Real cool van. I’ll take her off your hands, you know, cuz I’m that nice. Wishing you and yours friendly seas!!!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

https://www.vanagon.org/engine-conversion-comparison

I haven’t done much research lately but the Ford option always intrigued me. Most shops will work on a Ford engine.

nice link peru, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    https://www.vanagon.org/engine-conversion-comparison

I haven’t done much research lately but the Ford option always intrigued me. Most shops will work on a Ford engine.
    Engine pricing about what I expected. However, install! Wow! Wish a had the monkey wrench skills for that.

I've been trying for years to figure out a way to get a swap done on mine for under $5k. Even with the skills and tools, I don't think I can realistically do it. Lately I've been thinking about just going electric. If I'm going to spend $15k on my Vanagon, that seems like a cooler outcome. Range would be the big issue.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Given what Westys are going for these days, $10-15k for an engine swap doesn’t seem like a bad investment.

I wouldnt think it'd be hard to swap in another vw engine. 2000 gas fuel injected worked nice. Bumper cowling, 4 engine bolts and gas cable and done

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

? The vans have an opposed 4 design. Putting a inline 4 is not a simple swap. With any swap there's a new wiring harness to create, engine mounts to fab, and a trans adapter plate to machine, at minimum. The cooling system also needs to be adapted.

I agree that the cost of the adapter kits for Suby & Ford motors that are available are crazy high, but I haven't heard of any cheap/simple ways.

I have a regular tintop, which I prefer after owning a Westy, but obviously the value isn't even close. If I had a straight rust free syncro Westy with a bad motor, I could justify $25k for a swap to something badass and still sell it for a profit whenever I get tired of it.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Fucking LOLWUT

For 65 years, Volkswagen has been one of the most popular and best-known names in American motoring, its iconic VW Beetle snaring generations of enthusiasts and helping sell millions of vehicles.

But now, in North America at least, the Volkswagen brand is no more. In what was initially thought to be an April Fool’s prank, apparently thanks to a premature announcement by an overeager publicist, the German auto giant has confirmed its metamorphosis into Voltswagen – an attempt to reflect its investment in the growing electric vehicle (EV) market.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1617232630.897642.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	369892

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

Name:	Image1617232630.897642.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	369892
    Does not compute?!? How can the engine and trani fit?

^^^ engine and trans does not go much forward of the rear wheels. trans axle is mid/forward trans location. nothing in front of it.

Name:  IMG_3312.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  106.7 KB

Easter bunny is high af

At the risk of getting swooped...dumb idea?

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/d/...303998146.html

The price seems right compared to what some are going for these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what I saw helping my partner’s dad buy a vanagon a year and a half ago that’s a very good price if no rust.

You might need to rebuild or replace the engine sooner than later with that many miles, but I recall similar vans going more in the 12k-15k range.

Replace the fuel lines right away unless he already did recently; seems like he would have.

Great deal. Thatll be a lot of fun. I say get on it asap. Any problem can be addressed for that priced. I very much prefer the gassers over the diesels in those years

This is as good a place as any to put this picture of me fixin’ dinner at the back of my good old friend’s ‘65, at a pullout in GTNP in spring ‘76. There’s a b&w of me driving on the same trip way up thread.

Name:	CDFEC2E7-1644-4CB3-856C-1D7680C3F21B.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	431.1 KB 
ID:	371979

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This is as good a place as any to put this picture of me fixin’ dinner at the back of my good old friend’s ‘65, at a pullout in GTNP in spring ‘76. There’s a b&w of me driving on the same trip way up thread.

Name:	CDFEC2E7-1644-4CB3-856C-1D7680C3F21B.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	431.1 KB 
ID:	371979
    Hellz yeah it is the spot for sure.
    Looks the same as my 67. Same signals, front bumper, and 3 window sides. More windows = more $ these days but the 3/side made the most sense for camping i figure

Thinking about it, it might haven a ‘66. But definitely a 6 volt.

Quite possible. I think 66 was the last year for 6 volt. I have seen 65's with that bumper too though