The Maggots Steer Me Right (twice)

Finally saw Office Space (yes, I hadn't seen it till now). Funny movie that had me and my pals laughing out loud many, many times. Had no idea that so much of the maggot lexicon was pulled from this flick - though I can understand why. The gangster music and slow-mo action as they're beating the shit out of the printer is priceless. I see multiple viewings in my future.

Also picked up the new EP from Iron & Wine. Recommendations came from a few sources and they were bang on. Will have to delve further into their discography cause I dig the hushed urgency of these tunes.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and, as payback, recommend Hayden's Elk-Lake Serenade for mellow tunes and Hard Core Logo for a mildy amusing, mostly disturbing fake punk-umentary),
    d.
    "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Good call on both the movie and the Iron and Wine. Office Space will just get better with increased watchings.

I picked up two Iron and Wine cds last month and have loved them.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

Gin,

This is a re-run link, but is always good for a few laughs, especially if you're in an office all day.

http://www.bullshitjob.com/officespa...fficeSpace.swf
    So I got that goin' for me...which is nice.

one-up the Hayden reco

get to Califone, either "Califone" or "Heron King Blues"

sweetest low-fi melange of racket you'll ever allow to wash over your hammer & stirpes

You need to own a copy of that movie.
    One of the few that I can watch over and over and over.
    It helps if you have ever worked in a cubicle or had multiple bosses.

"I did nothing this weekend, and it was everything I dreamed it could be"

go get napolean dynamite next....