Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the replies. Stoked to get up there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    New gondi cabins for the village folk for 2015 should be good. Draw some tourons out of the Excalibur line I hope.

Now if the Muni could just go back to free parking so that the Blackcomb upper lots would go back to being near empty it would be nice.

I don't totally understand how new Gondi's on Village Gondola will draw people out of the Excalibur line.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Anybody have a rule of thumb for what the max temperature in the village can be, and still be decent up the mountain when it's raining in the village? I am guessing 38F\3C is about the max? (Assuming upper alpine is not open...)
    http://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/1515...t-temperature-

The difference in elevation from Creekside to Whistler Peak is approximately 5000 vertical feet. So you can expect between a 15-25F difference from base to the top of the mountain.

This will also come in handy: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/the...ing-levels4Tab

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    I don't totally understand how new Gondi's on Village Gondola will draw people out of the Excalibur line.
    "Ohhh look new shiny things"

I am hoping the gorbs and tourists flock to the new.

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Anybody have a rule of thumb for what the max temperature in the village can be, and still be decent up the mountain when it's raining in the village? I am guessing 38F\3C is about the max? (Assuming upper alpine is not open...)
    Usually if its 4oC in the village its good to go above midstation. Keeping an eye on the live temps page is a good idea though.
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

100% chance of weather and a 98% change that it will be awesome either the day before you arrive or the day after you leave.
    It's the Whistler way.
    this is so true.

I have missed by 1 day many many many epic good times.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Looks like Hawaiian punch time...

Facets, surface hoars from 10+ days at -20C and now some good 'ol west coast cement... our poor snowpack! Yikes!

Slip slidy shit show with lots of failure to ground. Oi Mate - get your GoPro's and ABS packs. It'll be time to get after the steepest terrain

"Ohhh look new shiny things"

I am hoping the gorbs and tourists flock to the new.

Makes sense..... see Crystal Chair for example.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Along with the rest of Seattle, I'll be up with my family for a few days over mid-winter break the week of the 16th. Where should we ski to avoid lift lines?

I'm kidding. But are any locals willing to point me to better chairs/zones for a wife who's a very cautious (slow) blue skier? My 7 and 10 year-old girls are game for anything. The trick is keeping mom happy. She hasn't been on skis for long and this is the first year she's really enjoying it, linking turns, getting comfortable in all conditions.

Thanks for any pointers.

Peak Chair and Glacier Chair.

Really? Peak Chair? That would be horrible for someone who is just learning to ski! And really Shirk, you should know by now that diamonds are a girl's best friend. Therefore for the wife I would recommend either Diamond Bowl (maybe a bit too challenging) or Sapphire Bowl (super easy), both accessible via a small boot pack from the top of Glacier Express. It looks scarier from the chair than it really is. Just stay skier's right once skiing down the other side. The cat track back out takes you to Crystal Chair which you can take up to Crystal Hut for some delicious (and very reasonably priced) waffles.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

shaggy nailed it

Ladies 1st off Blackcomb glacier is always a fun run for timid beginners.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by bgrayvy View Post

I'm kidding. But are any locals willing to point me to better chairs/zones for a wife who's a very cautious (slow) blue skier?
    Blackcomb; runs down skiers left on 7th are good cruisy blues, but sometimes crowded. Ridge runner, rock n roll twist n shout etc on crystal are fun, also sometimes crowded. Buzz cut and zig zag and stuff on excellerator can be good and not too busy

Whistler; a run out to symphony is fun, gotta go up peak chair then do the cat track to the left all the way out there, then get in that blue run that zig zags through the trees at the bottom. Jolly green giant and the stuff to the right of the park on emerald is good.

Those are some of the spots I'll ski with my mom, she's pretty good but will only go slow on groomers and it's gotta be perfect weather to get her out these days lol

Wait sorry, sapphire bowl, cockalorium, the coffin are your best bets

Thanks much Kevin. Just the sort of groomer Beta I was hoping for. Note, last time we got out of town we brought 12" of fresh to Baker. So maybe some good will come with the invading hordes.

Hold the phone, there is officially a cloud in the sky

Argh, official WB forecast showing 17cm tomorrow even though that is going to fall tomorrow night onward... going to be a zoo with the 50% off lift tickets for BC residents.

Looks like there will finally more than 24-48 hours of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Argh, official WB forecast showing 17cm tomorrow even though that is going to fall tomorrow night onward... going to be a zoo with the 50% off lift tickets for BC residents.

Looks like there will finally more than 24-48 hours of snow.
    Is that 50% off ticket today for BC residents? Is it available other days, or just a 1 time thing?

I believe the half price tickets are available on the "Family Day" holiday (today) only.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I'll just put this here.

http://online.whistlerblackcomb.com/...r/default.aspx

Depending on the station you're looking at , not all the readings are accurate, but there's some good data in there
    When it gives you the snow fall in cm, what time interval is it using?
    Pig alley
    Eg; 9:45 = 9cm
    10:00 =11cm
    10:15. =13cm

I don't think 13cm fell in the previous 15min... , so did 2 fall?
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Its not snowing at Whistler. Carry on with your mtn biking.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    When it gives you the snow fall in cm, what time interval is it using?
    Pig alley
    Eg; 9:45 = 9cm
    10:00 =11cm
    10:15. =13cm

I don't think 13cm fell in the previous 15min... , so did 2 fall?
    yes, it's cumulative from whenever they cleared the board, I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Its not snowing at Whistler. Carry on with your mtn biking.
    3:55am posting time, bit early to get in line, isn't it? hahah, jokes on me, I got chumped with a 10:30am meeting today..........fuck

pow11 will gopro every turn today