Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    Bluebird pow morning with no crowds!! Almost better than yesterday
    No doubt. Hit the whistler alpine opening just as we finished pillaging Blackcomb. My legs are junk!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Thinking of heading up to Duffey this weekend. Looks like webcam is down. Anyone have any updates on conditions? Have the Rhor ridge climax avalanche chutes slid to highway from bombing? Is the coverage decent enough now from highway to ski some of the sub-alpine tree runs accessible as day trips (I won't way more)

Looks wise to stay out of Duffey alpine this weekend with latest avalanche bulliten. Thanks in advance. Andre

Managed to get out on Wednesday and wow... just wow... snow quality was sooooooo good everywhere that I just could not wipe the smile off my face. Like Judo said, the poor season makes it even better. Decent line-ups on Whistler in the AM for a mid-week day but cleared out by lunch time.

Would love to get out touring this weekend but I have to head to the island. Those that do, keep it tight and play safe.

re. Duffey, avy bullitin looks like high rating next few days, WB forecast says considerable in the Whistler vicinity...if I tour it'll probably be mellower stuff out the bumps...

Hit Whistler Monday and Cypress Thursday. Best two days in a very long time. Trees are game on now for the locals if anyone is wondering. Had some very nice laps west of top gun.

Any stoke for an inbounds pow shred edit from this week?

Today did not disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_airtime View Post
    Thinking of heading up to Duffey this weekend. Looks like webcam is down. Anyone have any updates on conditions? Have the Rhor ridge climax avalanche chutes slid to highway from bombing? Is the coverage decent enough now from highway to ski some of the sub-alpine tree runs accessible as day trips (I won't way more)

Looks wise to stay out of Duffey alpine this weekend with latest avalanche bulliten. Thanks in advance. Andre
    2 of the lookers right chutes had a little debris in them thurs.
    Coverage up to around 1600m is poor. Lots of uncovered deadfall in the trees.
    1600-1900 seems like the sweet zone. That being said we got lots of whooping in that anchored terrain and lower angle terrain.
    Shallower snowpack than Whistler area.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

My face hurts

Quote Originally Posted by powderbro View Post
    Any stoke for an inbounds pow shred edit from this week?

Heads up!!!

Nice skiing dude.

Heres an edit I just finished with footage from the last 2 years, all inbounds. Check out the massive backflip over the cbc road gap by my friend!

Well, sure glad my legs are tired! The past 2 weeks of awesome will help get through the next dry spell at least...

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...kcomb/6day/mid

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    Well, sure glad my legs are tired! The past 2 weeks of awesome will help get through the next week or so of awesome sunny touring conditions

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts...kcomb/6day/mid
    FIFY!
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Some 19cms thru the day today, and a stormy looking alpine (now at 6pm) should make for refills on the morrow.

Big time sleeper day up there today. Everyone sleeping off the hockey game.?

Thankfully I've been training on operating with no sleep the last 4.5 years (thanks kids). Topped it off with a trip to re-use it on the way home and found some decent 190 cmh volkl explosiv for $15. Solid day.

Gotta love when forecast says nil and it pukes! Had the kids out in it and they laughed themselves silly pointing it and wiping out in the pow. 3 yr olds charging past adults in deep snow is a site to behold. Today could be the day that marks a life long affliction of chasing snow for two lucky little boys. Still talking about it now at bedtime!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I just heard through the local grapevine that the snow that fell this afternoon is apparently some of the lightest/driest they've measured in 40 years. (Clownshoe, confirmation?)
    This afternoon we were like "man this stuff is light". But our last run down P2P after 4pm was more like "dude where's my snorkel"!

Great day!

I'd describe what's out on the top layer of my deck right now as something that I've only seen in the interior before. Looks like piles of Scrooge McDuck money, just perfectly stacked stellars not melting into each other or packing down in the slightest. Pure blower.

Well I sure as hell jinxed that one... Enjoy the choke fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    I just heard through the local grapevine that the snow that fell this afternoon is apparently some of the lightest/driest they've measured in 40 years. (Clownshoe, confirmation?)
    This afternoon we were like "man this stuff is light". But our last run down P2P after 4pm was more like "dude where's my snorkel"!

Great day!
    4.8% water content at treeline mark

Yesterday was the driest powder I've ever skied at Whistler. The one run I did down flute was untouched with face shots! Plus, no lift lines!

Yesterday (Sunday) was no doubt one of the more sleeper days I've had. There were no crowds, relatively low wind, okay vis, and the snow was absolute, no argument, pure blower. Haven't had that experience on the west coast in a while.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

I usually don't post, but yesterday had to be one of the best days I've ever had, so I'm going to post.

1) Canada takes gold (I slept at 9pm Saturday to wake up and catch the game in bed, but, got out of bed to stand up for the National anthem)

Then,

2) Head to Whistler expecting the worst and to say the least, pleasantly surprised with the a) amount of snow, b) lack of lift lines

I almost could have used some lift line waiting time to rest my legs. ALMOST.

What a day.

yup. it was a gooder for sure!
    nice light pow lines down Sapphire chutes. untracked goodness! and yup, lineups were even much less than weekdays.

I was really confused all morning because I hadn't checked the actual snow fall in the morning and I was still thinking it was only 2cm of fresh, so I was racking my brain as to how we were skiing such deep light snow. hahah.

Arghh, spent the weekend in Victoria after looking at the forecast on Friday. You're welcome guys.