Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    anyone have any weather insight which day peak might crack?
    I'm seeing conflicting wind forecasts.

Heading up to whistler from east van for the day tomorrow.

My buddy just dropped out so I'm solo if anyone wants a ride up or wants a partner on the mtn lemme know.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    anyone have any weather insight which day peak might crack?
    I'm seeing conflicting wind forecasts.
    who cares. west bowl is full of debris. everything else will be wind hammered.

Anyone up there today able to share whether it's just getting wind hammered or are we getting some refills after the weekend crowds?

80-100kmh winds today. Yesterday there was windloading based on 60kmh winds and some soft slabs forming so educated guess is that there will be more of the same. If you've got some terrain knowledge you can probably figure out the rest from there. No firsthand knowledge as I stayed out of alpine

Definitely wind affected snow above the treeline. Found some pockets off of Harmony that were untouched but had a large wind crust. Also waiting for Peak to open. They were bombing today until about noon when Harmony opened. Hard for me to estimate what the snow will be like on Peak when it opens but mostly wind affected or debris, as mentioned. The few trees will still be good. The pow anywhere below the roundhouse had thickened up with the warmer temps.

Tomorrow and weds will be last call for pow before temps spike over the top. Too bad LeeLau bum wiggled all the low angle shit off Flute!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Tomorrow and weds will be last call for pow before temps spike over the top. Too bad LeeLau bum wiggled all the low angle shit off Flute!
    Two weeks of that fuking coastal high forecast :<

The weekend:

I hate to say it, but I think we just experienced our entire winter in one weekend. Sick and tired of trying to rationalize the suckage into something positive. I'm down to...

"well at least a giant meteor from outer space hasn't slammed into planet earth"
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I hate to say it, but I think we just experienced our entire winter in one weekend. Sick and tired of trying to rationalize the suckage into something positive. I'm down to...

"well at least a giant meteor from outer space hasn't slammed into planet earth"
    riding this week, wanna come!
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Time to rebuild the bike. Fuck this winter

Yup.. it's been a hard one to swallow esp coming off such an epic winter last season. I feel like I've been waiting forever. I feel totally bummed out cuz I was in line for Fresh Tracks the morning of the big storm & they f% $#ing cancelled it cuz of the winds.

I hate to say it, but I think we just experienced our entire winter in one weekend.
    Bang on.
    There was better coverage(however crap it was) on Disease Ridge 2 weeks ago than there was today. The wind wreaked havoc by stripping everything right down to rock and now this inversion is going to fuck us even more.
    It's a season of road trips.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Its been said before in here but this season is all about capitalizing on the good days. If its on, drop everything and get after it because it might be 3 weeks before the next decent storm.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Its been said before in here but this season is all about capitalizing on the good days. If its on, drop everything and get after it because it might be 3 weeks before the next decent storm.
    Yep. Today was 7th day in a row for me. Legs and arms are beat from sledding and skiing everyday. Almost took the day off, but figured it will be the last of winter for awhile. DOA and Husume were surprisingly good too. Stoked I made it out!

Yep. Today was 7th day in a row for me. Legs and arms are beat from sledding and skiing everyday. Almost took the day off, but figured it will be the last of winter for awhile. DOA and Husume were surprisingly good too. Stoked I made it out!
    Good call, Peak chair was shit!

A good patroller buddy left a pair of new in box Radical FT12s on top of his car in Squamish on Saturday the 11th, on Garibaldi Way between 7-9PM. Some guy was in the Bell store beside Extra Foods on Sunday talking about the bindings he found. Needless to say, beer goes to whoever can help him track down his Dynafits. Bueller? Please PM me if anyone knows how he can get these back.

Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    Good call, Peak chair was shit!
    Peak chair opening is always a suckers game.

separated AC, get ready for some pow

Im heading over to Revi this weekend, hopefully get some pow over that way cos it sure aint here. Had a little walk off Bcomb today, pretty wind hammered.

Anyone else heading Revi way for a respite?

Singing pass must be in ok shape with the last storm I would think, anyone been down in the last few days? Got a friend in town so I'm already committed to skiing Sunday and trying to figure something worth doing.

What a weekend by the way, so much fun, especially Sunday.

edit: anyone have pics of the Hanging Roll slide?

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Singing pass must be in ok shape with the last storm I would think, anyone been down in the last few days? Got a friend in town so I'm already committed to skiing Sunday and trying to figure something worth doing.

nope - Singing Pass is complete shit right now. Go down it at your own risk. You have been warned

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post

Nothing is in good shape right now. Alpine looks exactly the same as it did before the storm. Wind stripped it all out. Anything in below 1500 meters has about 1/2 meter of base. I put my sled track right to the ground in the trees at 1500 meters heading up the Soo and the trench was not that deep at all. We are still dealing with a November snowpack. My Hawaii trip is looking better and better everyday!

I hear the Sunshine Coast will be full of.... you guessed it... Sunshine this weekend.

Back to the bikes it is.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner