Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Obligatory post to put a green marker left of thread title.

Ok maybe I can contribute something to the thread:

I was up on Sunday. Low expectations. Had fun. Sunny. Wasn't boiler plate. Had some beers. Met up with friends. Could complain, but, nah. I like to ski.

The question is do I want snow now or more dry weather. The biking in squamish is excellent. In a May state of mind

Rode the Shore on Saturday, fantastic pedal fest. Can't complain about that either.

I'm good with either clear weather and slightly warm for this time of the year temperatures, or a shit fuck of more snow and a brutal (for BC anyway) chill.

None of this in between warm rain stuff.

I love Whistler, hockey double headers on the tube every night and no need to get on the hill early.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    The question is do I want snow now or more dry weather. The biking in squamish is excellent. In a May state of mind
    Couldn't agree more. Was up there on Sunday, and it was amazing. Days like that make you wonder if it's even winter.

I do feel my body is lacking the adrenaline rush associated with on snow activities though, and it's showing in my overall mood. so hopefully something comes around here soon.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Good news, I'm buying a bike tomorrow so winter should start up for real pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Good news, I'm buying a bike tomorrow so winter should start up for real pretty soon.
    Sorry, that doesn't work anymore. I booked a Hawaii trip and it got worse. Go buy a new set of snowtires, even if you don't need them. What bike are you getting?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I went out to Oboe last weekend and it was better than expected, full-on spring corn in the sun. On higher, shaded spots, the snow was still soft. Of course some spots were crusty.

I also skied Excitation and the entrance was the most puckering I have seen it. The snow was decent in the chute since the entrance has kept a lot of people out.

The point is, even though conditions have been subpar, I've still managed to have a lot of fun.

Plus the biking has been rad.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    I went out to Oboe last weekend and it was better than expected, full-on spring corn in the sun. On higher, shaded spots, the snow was still soft. Of course some spots were crusty.

I also skied Excitation and the entrance was the most puckering I have seen it. The snow was decent in the chute since the entrance has kept a lot of people out.

The point is, even though conditions have been subpar, I've still managed to have a lot of fun.

Plus the biking has been rad.
    All of this prior to the massive dump today. (What, 1 inch\2.4 cm?)

9th hole was nice yesterday. I would advise glacier gear for playing out that way though, lots of open holes on Decker Glacier.

Fast Forward to the 30sec mark. Sure does look like spring up there
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Anyone in Van/Whis (perferrably van) have a spare shovel and probe to lend out, or will be out of town for a while and don't need theirs? gf forgot to shove hers in the suitcase before flying in yesterday, and we're heading out on a road trip in a week....

Shipping it over to canada is $$$ and with the rental prices at MEC, might as well just buy another set, which seems unnecessary.

At least 2 weeks would be awesome, and more than that would be even better.

Will pay in beer, or a small amount of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    I love Whistler, hockey double headers on the tube every night and no need to get on the hill early.
    Are you up here?
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Anyone in Van/Whis (perferrably van) have a spare shovel and probe to lend out, or will be out of town for a while and don't need theirs? gf forgot to shove hers in the suitcase before flying in yesterday, and we're heading out on a road trip in a week....

Shipping it over to canada is $$$ and with the rental prices at MEC, might as well just buy another set, which seems unnecessary.

At least 2 weeks would be awesome, and more than that would be even better.

Will pay in beer, or a small amount of cash.
    Jesse Will be back on Tuesday. Have loaner for you

Sent from my LG-D803 using TGR Forums

While we're talking about how to make a decent living and reside in Whistler, does anybody happen to know people in the area who may be needing a junior web developer in the spring? I know there is a startup with an office in Function, but would be curious to explore other avenues.

My potential solution to the making a reasonable income/living the good life dilemma was to either attempt to work remotely once I gather a bit of experience, or get said experience directly in Whistler...

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    While we're talking about how to make a decent living and reside in Whistler, does anybody happen to know people in the area who may be needing a junior web developer in the spring? I know there is a startup with an office in Function, but would be curious to explore other avenues.

My potential solution to the making a reasonable income/living the good life dilemma was to either attempt to work remotely once I gather a bit of experience, or get said experience directly in Whistler...
    Isn't amazon opening a giant office in Vancouver?

^ Sweet edit! conditions look way fun, love me some spring type snow mini golf.

Sweet day on the Coq today! 30 cms of blower. -14 c at the trailhead.

sick freshies up there, mate!

Spotted on Marine Drive in West Van last week
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	381 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	149717

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Sweet day on the Coq today! 30 cms of blower. -14 c at the trailhead.
    do elaborate please.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    do elaborate please.
    nothing more to say really. cold clear day, no wind, 30 cms of fresh. South faces have a bullet proof layer under the fresh making for tough skinning on steep slopes. we had to resort to backpacking. North faces were a little better underneath. Snow seemed to be bonding well enough. Pretty dam good day considering the shite season we are having.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    nothing more to say really. cold clear day, no wind, 30 cms of fresh. South faces have a bullet proof layer under the fresh making for tough skinning on steep slopes. we had to resort to backpacking. North faces were a little better underneath. Snow seemed to be bonding well enough. Pretty dam good day considering the shite season we are having.
    We were up there today and found exactly the same - 30cm of dry, light snow above a pretty solid crust. Skiing was much better than expected. Definitely worth the trip out.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Sorry, that doesn't work anymore. I booked a Hawaii trip and it got worse. Go buy a new set of snowtires, even if you don't need them. What bike are you getting?
    I'm just getting into mountain biking, I hadn't been on an mtb since XC single track in the mid 90's but got a few bike park days this summer and am now hooked. I bought a used '11 Trek Scratch Air 8 off a close friend, the bike is setup more for the down but can still climb pretty well and it's a decent do-it-all starting point for me without dropping huge coin. Had a blast at Fromme yesterday, don't even care if it snows (well that's not true... please snow soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdemon View Post
    We were up there today and found exactly the same - 30cm of dry, light snow above a pretty solid crust. Skiing was much better than expected. Definitely worth the trip out.
    And today, though I definitely managed to locate a ton of windjack on pretty much every aspect. Some good turns, too, but just when you decide to open it up....