Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Crystal. My new favorite chair. European lift line, elbows out. Quick laps
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Just realized it's an American holiday on Monday. Fack.

Today sucked, Seattle and Vancouver don't bother coming up this weekend it rained to peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fejau View Post
    Today sucked, Seattle and Vancouver don't bother coming up this weekend it rained to peak.
    Today was my first of five days. I can confirm the report above.

Weird. Went over to Whistler after the Alpine got tracked out on Blackcomb and there was no Peak line up. Thought those clowns lined up for days over there. Unexpected to be on the first chair on a big snow/bluebird day after 8 laps on the other side. Maybe everyone has given up on this terrible season
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

While I was on my second lap of peak this aft I watched a guy on the low line of east traverse rip out the pocket he was standing in lining up a huck...he landed and the whole pocket came down and fully buried him...luckily he had a friend below and I screamed and screamed at the gapers standing on surprise not rushing to help, ran into the bump yelling for patrol....they apparently found him face down, just one hand up that they saw, he walked away, but he's one lucky fucker. thought I watched someone lose their life from the chair....I'm still shakey

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    While I was on my second lap of peak this aft I watched a guy on the low line of east traverse rip out the pocket he was standing in lining up a huck...he landed and the whole pocket came down and fully buried him...luckily he had a friend below and I screamed and screamed at the gapers standing on surprise not rushing to help, ran into the bump yelling for patrol....they apparently found him face down, just one hand up that they saw, he walked away, but he's one lucky fucker. thought I watched someone lose their life from the chair....I'm still shakey
    That's a pretty close call. Glad no one was hurt.

This is also an interesting development: http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...nt?oid=2545890

I guess some guy BASE jumped from the Peak to Peak and did a bunch of damage to the gondola.

::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Our first visit to Whistler and the crowd manners leave much to be desired. A lot of the guys(and gals) must think they are doing avalanche control in the lift lines by dropping the F-bombs so frequently. But what really took the cake today was watching some guy taking a piss on Expressway as we made our way done to the 7th Heaven lift.

Quote Originally Posted by enzz48 View Post
    Our first visit to Whistler and the crowd manners leave much to be desired. A lot of the guys(and gals) must think they are doing avalanche control in the lift lines by dropping the F-bombs so frequently. But what really took the cake today was watching some guy taking a piss on Expressway as we made our way done to the 7th Heaven lift.

I know. Its horrible. I watched some french dude roll a hash joint in the p2p and then smoke it in full view of children when he got off! What is this world coming to!?
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I am shocked and on behalf of the shareholders of WB.to I want to extend my sincerest apologies to you and anyone in earshot. And I also want to encourage you and anyone in earshot to continue spending money at this fine resort.

Best regards

Heavy t.odd. With some more snow this weekend and holidays coming up, hope people remember how sketch the snowpack was/is. Just because it looks nice...

Quote Originally Posted by djbooter View Post
    Heavy t.odd. With some more snow this weekend and holidays coming up, hope people remember how sketch the snowpack was/is. Just because it looks nice...
    totally, a really good reminder that it isn't stupid to beep inbounds and carry avy gear on big snow days (not that we didn't already know that), and ski with a friend. if I'd seen this happen somewhere away from the lift, I didn't have anything on me to help search for him other than my poles, I would've felt pretty dumb, hell, I did anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    I guess some guy BASE jumped from the Peak to Peak and did a bunch of damage to the gondola.

Surprised it was 5 1/2 yrs before that finally happened, how could they not expect this.

Alluding to Todds sentiments, I ski cut a rather large slide off the traverse between Dont Swill and Husume yesterday. We knew it was going to do something, but a rather large class 2 ripped out all the way down the glacier. I had good momentum/trajectory and was in the safe zone when the bulk of the slope came down, but the sheer volume of snow was unnerving and way bigger than what normally pulls out in that spot. Probably a 1/2 meter crown that went right down to ice surface, so will probably be persistent through out the storm cycle. The boot pack up Husume also let out a big whoomp and we all felt it shift... it did not release, but buyer beware!

Dont swill ripped out in small predictable pockets and Husume did not move at all. Noticeable storm slides in the chute, so the steep stuff is cleaning itself out. Be very wary of anything under 40 degrees that show no signs of movement.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Coquihalla was epic mank yesterday, obviously. ~65cm of storm snow on top of the crust. Reactive as all hell with constant whoomping had us on the lowest of angle terrain for a workout.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    totally, a really good reminder that it isn't stupid to beep inbounds and carry avy gear on big snow days (not that we didn't already know that), and ski with a friend. if I'd seen this happen somewhere away from the lift, I didn't have anything on me to help search for him other than my poles, I would've felt pretty dumb, hell, I did anyway.
    I definitely agree, I was trying to get into some tree areas with a buddy yesterday, and we stuck very close and had the beepers going for sure. Coverage is still bad down low, all sorts of little danger spots around.

I stumbled upon a guy that (with 2 others) who smashed up his leg well, just below low roll. I had to run down and report to patrol.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Today's 12cm's did not disappoint. This is a gopro screen capture taken at 3pm this afternoon. Loving the lack of crowds mid-week. Waiting for stability to improve before going brapping. Loving the bluebird pow days, I had forgotten those even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Waiting for stability to improve before going brapping.
    We cracked the alpine in rainbow today. Pretty much schralped everything.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    We cracked the alpine in rainbow today. Pretty much schralped everything.
    Stoked to hear it! How was stability? Hehe, the things I want to schralp most people aren't after luckily!

So my desk jockey skills tell me the alpine didn't crack on Whistler (unless I missed it). Any word on whether peak is set to go tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Today's 12cm's did not disappoint. This is a gopro screen capture taken at 3pm this afternoon. Loving the lack of crowds mid-week. Waiting for stability to improve before going brapping. Loving the bluebird pow days, I had forgotten those even existed.

Great shot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    I am shocked and on behalf of the shareholders of WB.to I want to extend my sincerest apologies to you and anyone in earshot. And I also want to encourage you and anyone in earshot to continue spending money at this fine resort.

Best regards
    up 50% in 1 year. someone is doing something right over there. Thank you for the apology share holder I will continue spending!

Anyone ventured into the trees on the north shore mountains yet this season? How's coverage after this week's snow at 1200m?

Up Hollyburn today....it's a start but still too many things just under surface ready to bite. The Duffey should be killer in a few days time....I'll wait on the lokes for a while.