Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    With the upcoming snow this weekend, I figured I'd post up a little vid I made over 3 days when the first big snow fall hit in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    I'm a regular poster in the PNW/WA thread and am looking for someone in Whis that will accept payment in homemade beer or wine, bike parts or bongtokes in the U.S.

Conditions warranting, me and a buddy are trying to bike from Bellingham to Whis in the coming weeks to ski the Spearhead and bike back. Does anyone have a place that could keep two beater touring bikes w/trailers safely for a couple days? We'd love to not ditch them in the trees around town.
    Pm'd ya

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using TGR Forums

If Kevin doesn't work out we could let you stick them in the shed

This week sucked.

More stoke coming soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_3223.jpg 
Views:	1558 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	152626   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_3436.jpg 
Views:	1552 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	152627  

Love the stoke Kalisto. Second pic looks like a lot of fun.

in the middle of a Norman Rockwell painting
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedClam View Post
    I'm a regular poster in the PNW/WA thread and am looking for someone in Whis that will accept payment in homemade beer or wine, bike parts or bongtokes in the U.S.

Conditions warranting, me and a buddy are trying to bike from Bellingham to Whis in the coming weeks to ski the Spearhead and bike back. Does anyone have a place that could keep two beater touring bikes w/trailers safely for a couple days? We'd love to not ditch them in the trees around town.
    Got a spot for your rigs in Squamish if you need it.

Because the pictures were worthy of a thread... here you go boys and girls. Some duffy stoke.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Hut-(14-03-09)

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    Because the pictures were worthy of a thread... here you go boys and girls. Some duffy stoke.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Hut-(14-03-09)
    Wow you guys nailed really nailed it, great photos.

Fun skiing at the resort this weekend and crowds weren't that bad either. Feb/March are really making up for the slow start this year.

Pleasantly surprised by the lack of crowds on Sunday.

Great skiing all day.

Seems like everyone booked their Spring Break in Maui or something. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    Seems like everyone booked their Spring Break in Maui or something. No complaints here.

Probably true, I do ski school part time 1 or 2 days/week but called off for three weeks at the moment

Anyone headed up to Keith's hut anytime soon? Left a camera tripod behind the door a couple weeks ago.

Case of beer to anyone who brings it back to Whistler!

Last minute and a bit of a long-shot, but is anyone heading from Vancouver to Cypress tonight for some night skiing? I'm in town for work and would love to get some skiing in.

I'm staying downtown and would pay for your gas and beer!

You guys can have spankies... lapped this all day long with a handful of people. Sled skiing... it's like moving on from powder cocaine to smoking crack (not that I've ever smoked crack) and twice as expensive!

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Where is that?

On another note:

Anyone been up to Bralorne lately? Wondering on general conditions this year.

Mmmm... Must. Buy. Sled.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    You guys can have spankies... lapped this all day long with a handful of people. Sled skiing... it's like moving on from powder cocaine to smoking crack (not that I've ever smoked crack) and twice as expensive!

looks epic

So I'm in my third week of recovering from either the worst shin splint ever, or a stress fracture in my ankle. Apparently, xc skiing is ok, so I figure so is flat land touring. Anyone have any suggestions for a decent tour that's pretty flat, really more of a walk than anything else. I'm guess this will be solo, can't imagine I can convince anyone that this will be an exciting ski, so zero avy hazard is a must.

Thanks in advance.

P11 that zone looks freaking amazing, wow.

Any reports of surface conditions from resort slack country the last few days? Some pics on Wayne's blog look pretty decent.

Pow 11- Glad u are not chirping about location on the intra web. To many sled-skiers out in the lower mainland now a days. Seems like it is doubling yearly. Anyways that face is so last decades TGR.

Speaking of which. Snowpack looked average in that direction. Thinking of coming to town for some ski-rooping. How's the stability looking?
    Last edited by teamdirt; 03-21-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Yeah I'm going to have to join the sled skiing hordes next year. Cocaine to crack analogy sounds legit. (I have smoked crack multiple times)

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Pow 11- Glad u are not chirping about location on the intra web. To many sled-skiers out in the lower mainland now a days. Seems like it is doubling yearly. Anyways that face is so last decades TGR.

Speaking of which. Snowpack looked average in that direction. Thinking of coming to town for some ski-rooping. How's the stability looking?
    Chirping about that location leads to a paddlin'.

Looking tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post

While all that may be true, said zone is one of the best/easiest spots to lap fairly rad lines without blowing 1/2 day/tank of gas to access. Its the new sidecountry. Pretty soon the resort will be empty!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller