Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by System_D View Post
    My friend Kevin is a savvy tech guy and keen skier. He realized that after a week of storms, you want to know if your favourite run is going to be tracked out or still have some pockets of fresh. What matters is not only if, but when a lift opened during and after a storm. So he built this:

http://kevinlowe.ca/lifts.php?showall

He's travelling now, so I don't think there are plans to build it for other areas soon. Might be useful for folks skiing WB this year.
    Cool idea, bookmarked on the phone. Tell him thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Anyone have a hi-res picture of the crazy Poop Chutes skin track from last year?

This is lo-res

Also could use hi-res one of the skin tracks that always get put up the gut of Cowboy Ridge

#darwinawards?

A

Also could use hi-res one of the skin tracks that always get put up the gut of Cowboy Ridge

A few seasons back, I triggered a significant wind slab just above where that skintrack breaks out to the right....

40cms at top of Flute. Approx 110cms on the N faces deposited by wind no doubt. Pockets of chest deep blower pow

Yep. Northeast face of flute is skiing really well. A few chocolate chips in the chutes, but pretty easy to spot if you take it easy.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Will it ever snow in whistler again?

I am starting to think it won't snow in whistler. going to revy again this weekend. There is at least enough snow up high to have lots of fun.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using TGR Forums

Nope. Season is done. Sorry folks. Go back to mtn biking. Pemby is all time right now. Just beware of the dude camped out in camo with his rifle right off the nimby climb.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Will it ever snow in whistler again?
    You jinxed it by trying to get the Duffy removed from this thread. The blood of a snowless season is on your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by powdergangsters View Post
    I am starting to think it won't snow in whistler.
    No kidding. Looks like a bit of precip coming this weekend but then the long-range shows clearing again next week. ARGH!

it never snows in whistler

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Nope. Season is done. Sorry folks. Go back to mtn biking. Pemby is all time right now. Just beware of the dude camped out in camo with his rifle right off the nimby climb.
    must be hunting season... keep your dogs on a leash...
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

The riding has been good. Where's the snow line in Pemby?

I'm skiing out of Chillicrack this year. We definitely need more snow. Anyone else in the area?

Midstation Blackcomb gondola. not even kidding.
    WOOOOOO blackcomb opening day tomorrow, snow this weekend and i just signed up for freeride world tour qualifying tour! i am pumped!

it is fuckin' horrible up there
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Just lined up a shit ton of work through christmas, so its gonna dump big time in the next couple weeks. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Pretty much some of the worst in-bounds conditions it has ever been my misfortune to ski.
    The real dog-shit-icing on the cake is that all the world and his wife are confined to whiskey jack and pony trail, since not even the greenest of Australian lifties is dumb enough to ski off the groomers (of which there are only 2 open) so it pretty much feels like the Toykyo subway at rush hour.

Stay at home or go biking is pretty much what I'm saying right now!

Just lined up a shit ton of work through christmas, so its gonna dump big time in the next couple weeks. You're welcome.
    On the bright side, crevasse rescue practice is so easy to do right now what with the slots being so wide open.

Going to work on some more trails through the rest of the week.

I've never ever worked so much in November. Just picked up work out of sheer boredom. Almost did 30 hours this week - insane!

On the bright side, crevasse rescue practice is so easy to do right now what with the slots being so wide open.

Going to work on some more trails through the rest of the week.

I've never ever worked so much in November. Just picked up work out of sheer boredom. Almost did 30 hours this week - insane!
    I'm been completely slammed with work this fall, kinda okay with it not pounding snow yet since I'm actually having to put in a lot of office time right now....looks that way through december too. I can't really complain though, it's not like it's overly normal since before the olympics!

Hopefully lack of early season snow will scare snow chasing seasonal ski bums off to Colorado and Euroland.

Hopefully lack of early season snow will scare snow chasing seasonal ski bums off to Colorado and Euroland.
    Doubt it. Passes are bought, leases are signed...

We've had so many good season the last 5+ years people are starting believe shit seasons won't happen. But if this carries on into feb, mass exodus for sure.

Doubt it. Passes are bought, leases are signed...
    While that may be true, local businesses are hyper sensitive about either laying off or not delivering on employment offers if the snow never shows. With no paycheck, those passes and leases turn into pumkins overnight. W/B will kick you to the curb as soon as the spread sheet tells them to.

The riding has been good. Where's the snow line in Pemby?

Rode cream puff no signs of snow so its way up there

Skiing down to Red yesterday was a real treat...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a8ej.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	584.6 KB 
ID:	145638