Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    The worst new crystal express intersection is the one right by glacier creek lodge. People hauling ass down from excellerator to the narrow choke heading to crystal lift come face to face with people hauling ass down from crystal zone heading towards zig zag. Going to be some high speed head on collisions there for sure.

The fact that there will be no more storm day skiing over there far out weighs and benefit there may be.
    that intersection/route to crystal base will totally be a shit show, it was gaperiffic on both Saturday and Sunday and it wasn't even really that busy....

Quote Originally Posted by kevin267 View Post
    On the other hand, a buddy posted pics on facebook riding the lower half of A line, on a bicycle, this afternoon
    Lower half of Golden Boner to Instant Gratification is dry as a bone.

Quote Originally Posted by DanCudlip View Post
    Lower half of Golden Boner to Instant Gratification is dry as a bone.
    Dont let Reidles catch you winter riding over there 💩
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

I'm going to buy a new bike. Some uber 650b deal, that will be sure to start ski season!
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Not enough. Remove the snow tires from your truck and book a last min, month long trip to the tropics.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

A month might be just enough time to let it start snowing. The 14 day forecast does not look promising.

Dear Santa,

Please bring negative temps to Whistler so I can at least play pond hockey until Ullr gets his head out of his ass.

Thanks,

Trevor
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm heading up for Christmas week tomorrow. Things sound sad. I would have never figured that both Tahoe and Whistler would be lacking snow this time of year.

I hate to think of how much poutine I will have to eat to make up for the lack of snow.

Yeah, what the fucking fucknut is fucking going on????

I sacrificed my entire last season for this?

I have a pair of megawatts ready to burn. Ullr needs to get laid or something.

If you pretend you are back east, then it's actually really fucking awesome right now! Slaying the fresh corduroy this am! Gotta run, glacier express just cracked!

At least the rest of the province (east of us at least) is business as usual. Road trips may be required.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    At least the rest of the province (east of us at least) is business as usual. Road trips may be required.
    No kidding. I'm thinking of foregoing the WB seasons pass and doing a week inland later this season. This is probably the only time I'll ever be able to afford a WB pass and still be in the vicinity though.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

If you pretend you are back east, then it's actually really fucking awesome right now!
    This. ^^^

Found some soft snow in diamond and ruby bowl. Not much wide open cruising, but fun in an Alberta rock slalom kind of way. When we do finally start getting snow, it will be ugly. Lots of opportunity for tib/fib for those thinking all the ripples on the surface are just little rocks. Tip of the iceberg deserves wide berth. Not to mention the 10 cm of not so breakable crust sitting on top of a 1/2 meter of nasty isothermic sugar snow/grapple mixture. Hopefully that doesn't become our persistent base layer or I will be booking that trip to the tropics.

It's starting to load up in north facing pockets. Keep your heads up though, ripped out a bunch of wind slabs all over spankies. Not enough to get buried, but it would suck getting dragged into a boulder field.

High Husume entrance skied really nice this morning but it's a bit of a scramble to get to.
    Took a stroll into the blackcomb glacier shrund, I'd never been in it.
    Pretty cool to see all the old snow packs on top of each other, turning into ice.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-21 09.45.03 (Large).jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	147057

Super cool pic Mark

Zoa 131221 - Temps -2 at 1200m (guesstimate -5 at 1820m). Winds light. HST 15- 20cms at 1820. Non-reactive snow with some slabbing on slopes further along Zoa Ridge line towards sub Zoa Pk. High cloud.

ski pen ~ 5 - 15 cms very variable aspect dependent

Did a recon sled mission over the Hurley and up Hope creek. Probably twice as much snow up there. Things are looking up!

Did a recon sled mission over the Hurley and up Hope creek. Probably twice as much snow up there. Things are looking up!
    Yah the BC Hydro snowtel over on Green has 2x the snotel in mid-Duffey. Whitecap has 1.5 - 2x what Whistler has. Callaghan has a decent amount of snow too. Most of the storms have avoided the Whistler valley and the Duffey. It's pretty variable.

Did a tour out to fissile yesterday and grabbed a lap on the north west face. Skied reasonably well and coverage was fine. From as distance, saddle also looked like it was skiable. The exit from the bottom of the face was pretty questionable. Crevasses visible 10m below while you traverse thin cover on your way to the moraine.

Skiing on the face was pretty decent after a few turns of wind affected snow at the entrance.

We did a quick pit in the cowboy ridge area. Depth to ground was only 80cm. Failed at CTH 22 on a compression test.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums

Inbounds sleeper day... Face shots!! Almost skiing like winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    Inbounds sleeper day... Face shots!! Almost skiing like winter.
    ha, it wasn't that good

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    ha, it wasn't that good
    I guess it's all about how much you've lowered your expectations at this point. I'm heading to the Rockies for a bit so I'm sure the coast will get hit.

It was surprising was out touring in squamish and raining to 1200m then snow was good above that.

trail breaking was deep 30cms at least.

This year is going to be all about timing. Just hit it when it is fresh.

First day this month looks like biking weather again for a bit.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums

Oh god yesterday was awesome! So good to let the skis run free again! Snagged freshies down bushrat at 1pm, shredder and sapphire were untracked most of the day. I confirm the presence of faceshots!

don't get me wrong, I was out all day, and I had some decent turns...West bowl was surprisingly good, but it's still bony and thin as fuck and there are lurking sharks everywhere....Flute and it's backside where however really fun on Saturday, silky smooth pow, nothing super deep but nice none the less.