Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    What are the best links for weather in the sea to sky area. I am heading up for a week and I'm just looking for something to read on the way up.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

www.snow-forecast.com seems to be the most accurate, but none are really gonna tell you whats happening more than a couple of days out. Forecasted storms blow south and phantom storms nuke 20 cms of blower.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Phantom storms are our favourite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1393877557.880350.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	151824

Final approved Garibaldi Management Plan ammendment has apparently been signed. It's a bit strange that it was signed over a week ago, yet only the Straight has reported on it so far. Who actually even reads that rag? It is not even on the BC Parks page yet. Otherwise no surprises. It's basically the same as the draft that was put out last year - yes to heli, no to bikes, yes to huts, yes to some new trails, yes to a new trailhead (if W/B agrees to it).
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Splat did tell me he liked his pussy like he liked his ski boots. I guess he meant dank, stinky and a bit packed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Final approved Garibaldi Management Plan ammendment has apparently been signed. It's a bit strange that it was signed over a week ago, yet only the Straight has reported on it so far. Who actually even reads that rag? It is not even on the BC Parks page yet. Otherwise no surprises. It's basically the same as the draft that was put out last year - yes to heli, no to bikes, yes to huts, yes to some new trails, yes to a new trailhead (if W/B agrees to it).
    Biggest farce of a management plan amendment ever, the public consultation was just to go through the motions, almost all of it was ignored in favour of the status quo and giving WB what they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    giving WB what they wanted.
    They run the show around here. Like it or lump it.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    They run the show around here. Like it or lump it.
    oh I know, it's pretty transparent, everything related to paying the borg money to access the goods was approved.

Wow.
    Quietest pow day of the quietest pow week of the winter?
    It's been yrs since I've had a day like that.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

^^^^Yeah, today was pretty darn good.
    Finish a lap, ski right up, and sit back down.
    The brief morning storm made for some quality turns, fo show.

Anyone think we'll break 300cms this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Farcisimus View Post
    Wow.
    ugh, all day seminar....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AY5A0236.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	815.2 KB 
ID:	152283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AY5A0397.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	858.7 KB 
ID:	152284
    Wow.
    Today was all time, nuking and fluff first thing then the switch to partly sunny with heavy pow made the spankey's laps feel so sweet.
    Last edited by Truckee Joe; 03-10-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

So... is this it....? Are we there....? That wonderful point in the season where the "I only ski on the best powder days of the season" crowd has had their fill of 3-5 days, and we can now ski snow days that have reasonable lift lines (yes, even on weekends - reasonable being relative). That would be nice, with the weather we've been having it's been a bit late coming.

You'd better sprinkle that with a generous tablespoon of AntiJinx being that March school holidays and Spring Break season is literally just around the corner.

Edit - The Air Jordan front flip / linepocalypse now day happened in March last year if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by knowsam View Post
    So... is this it....? Are we there....? That wonderful point in the season where the "I only ski on the best powder days of the season" crowd has had their fill of 3-5 days, and we can now ski snow days that have reasonable lift lines (yes, even on weekends - reasonable being relative). That would be nice, with the weather we've been having it's been a bit late coming.
    No, its all over. Friday will bring the early crowds from the first break, and they run right through Easter.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

First leg burn of the season, thanks to the variations of Whistler cement that were had today. Great fun though!

I'm coming up for my annual guys trip next Wednesday from Seattle. In past years I've bought discounted passes from mags/friends of mags who wanted to cash in some guest passes. If anyone has any or have friends who have any they would be willing to sell for less than Edge card prices, send me a pm. I need at least 4, but will buy whatever you have. Will pay cash (usd or cad) when I get up there Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    First leg burn of the season, thanks to the variations of Whistler cement that were had today. Great fun though!
    totally, classic wet coast mixed bag! snag first chair on peak, had a few good runs before work, nice to have short lines everywhere....such a novelty!

I enjoyed the fact that once you popped out low enough there was relatively blower snow all the way to the bottom due to the weird storm-inversion we had overnight. Below Big Timber was all time

http://www.biglines.com/articles/dis...kcomb-mountain

Article on the Spanky's line.

So how soggy is it up there today?

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    I'll stick with Peak chair line, way more civilized! From what I recall of spanky's line from years past, just lots of super aggro, doesn't seem like it's changed much....I like what my buddy said, Whistler is reggae and Blackcomb is metal.

No, its all over. Friday will bring the early crowds from the first break, and they run right through Easter.
    That's ok. It's sacrilege on here to admit it, but I'm fine with xmas and spring break crowds. The lift lines are long, but they are full of tourists who tend not to ski the same terrain as the people you'll see the rest of the year and they bring lots of tourist dollars. Those dollars pay for a lot of stuff at W/BC that I really kind of enjoy using the rest of the year – including a huge crew of some seriously competent avy control guys (and gals) that get, and keep, where I want to ski open pretty damn fast most of the time. In exchange – 3-4 weeks of the season, I wait in longer lift lines.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to seek shelter from the pending shit storm of abuse I'll recieve for not declaring that WB is an evil corporation, competing with google for world, or at least Garibaldi Park, domination.

Keep your sanity to yourself. This is the godamn internet.

whew lots of stressed out locals on Biglines.

Oh, Whistler. If you can't ski there on a weekday you're wasting your time. Any place where you can see folks fighting each other on the bootpack, lining up to jump off a cornice and desperately grabbing the odd pow turn at 10:30 in the morning is a bit too stressed out.