Government Shutdown and BLM Lands

Anyone know what the deal is with the government shutdown and BLM lands? I know National Parks are closed, but what about Slickrock? More specifically camping around slickrock? From a memo I found on the DOI's website, at http://www.doi.gov/shutdown/fy2014/u...gency-Plan.pdf.

Campgrounds and Other Recreation Sites
    Campgrounds, boat ramps, and other recreation sites will be closed or posted as closed in areas
    where public access cannot practically be restricted. All facilities will be operationally shut
    down and posted accordingly, with gates locked, restrooms locked, and water systems shut
    down. Consistent with other Federal recreation providers, occupied sites would be given 48
    hours to vacate, with the area shut down as the last visitor leaves. Shutdown activities for the
    sites would be completed within the 48 hour period. Campground hosts and other volunteers
    would be given the same 48 hour period to vacate, and should not expect to receive any
    reimbursement for this period.
    Keep it unclipped

I talked to the BLM yesterday regarding the sited I had reserved for Enchilada Fest 5 and was told that the sites and shitters would remain open but it was BYOTP.

I'm pretty ignorant on the actual law and this is not legal or practical advice at all but, it seems to me it's OUR land and they can't restrict our access to it. They can lock the bathrooms of course. This really pisses me off. We don't al need the stupid visitors centers and facilities just to go camp. I am aware that without bathrooms things can get nasty pretty quickly but personally, I'm used to camping in a low to no impact way depending on necessity.

I know you have kids Josh so that makes things considerably more difficult, especially re: lack of facilities.

I'm also interested to know the real deal. If it was me, I'd go camp as intended. YMMV?
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I agree that locking the shitter adjacent to a group campsite filled with 65 unbelievably inebriated mountain bikers is probably not in their best interest.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    I agree that locking the shitter adjacent to a group campsite filled with 65 unbelievably inebriated mountain bikers is probably not in their best interest.
    ...especially not if someone is sleeping in it.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

Sand flats rec area(slickrock zone) is operated by Grand County and is fully functioning.

BLM bike and 4x4 trails are open

As noted, BLM campsites are open but it's BYOTP and there is no trash service so they are requesting campers pack it out.

The Natl Parks in the area are closed.

Awesome to hear Sand Flats is fully functional. Wasn't positive who operated it. Thanks for the update dude.
    Keep it unclipped