Thread: Treeline Skis

Treeline Skis

Searched, me no findy...

Randomly seeing pairs at Mammoth for the past few months. Mfg'ed in the East? Don't know where the designs originated, though.

They are essentially milled wood skis. No laminated topsheet or spec'd sidewalls, just wood through and through, tip to tail, except for the bases and edges. A graceful looking ski. I believe he mentioned they were made with Fir and/or Ash, or Maple combos depending on flex desires. He was on protos that had his name engraved on the protector riveted into the ski shovel.

Reminded me of Lacroix's. Anyone heard about these?

sounds sweet...until one of these little bastards gets a whiff of em!

Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

I heard the 06's will have a bark topsheet. They were having issues with wood boring insects!

I'd love to hear how they're building a wood ski without fiberglass.

Do you mean these http://www.skis-bois-tardy.com/, I think these are badged la-coix in the usa...they have fiberglass beween the base and the core I think.
    Knowledge is Powder

nope, not those...

The treelines were a bit different, but same concept. The guy said that they were still tinkering and retooling (as I'm sure Splat would understand...) and hope to put something out to market by next season.

Interesting twin

Yep seen 'em too. You were talking to Joe, right? Solid wood all the way through for sure. Don't know the specs on his but they certainly like to go straight and fast. He says they're planning a couple new designs for the future. Bigger sidecut fat 130ish, 97-98, 120ish, and a mid fat, mid to upper 70's in the waist. Chill looking ski for sure, but I don't know of their potential yet. Joe seems pretty stoked on his though, and has been talking them up a lot.
    I like cows. Cow are cool.

The twin only comes in 140 and 150. Its a snowlerblade on steroids!
    Interesting that the "freestyle" model is nto a twin.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Interesting twin

Hey, that's a CANOE PADDLE - not a ski!!!

Haus - yup, talked with Joe on chair 16. He had some nasty chunks of wood coming off from crossing tips (or from beaver attacks) near the binding mount locations. He mentioned that a more tapered design is in the works to solve that.

He also mentioned a pricepoint similar to other boutique skis... outta my price range... Shoot, maybe I'll hit up some good ol Eastern Sierra Lodgepole and sand 'er down myself...

I know a few of those guys from living in Mammoth and they seem to be pretty sweet skis. I haven't skied a pair of them but they are basically manufaturing them out of hardwoods and boiling the wood to put any curvatures they need to in the ski (tip and tail). They have some interesting ideas though in some of thier designs such as a ski that is actually wider in the tail than at the tip for skiing ridiculous big powder lines switch and for landing big pow jumps switch. One prob they did have was that of finding a brake wide enough for thier wider waist on some of thier skis, sure that'll be fixed soon though. Really cool group of guys and definately something to keep an eye on in the future.
    If you open a second beer and don't miss a beat between sips, is that two beers or just one 24 ouncer? -Tye 1on

update...

thought i would update... website for treeline skis...

www.treelineskis.com

enjoy. like any of us need more skis...