Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    why do real estate agents still get the commissions they get?
    Because we earn them. I have a listing in Denver where the seller MUST sell due to a foreclosure that is about to happen. The guy is such a wreck that no buyer would EVER deal with him, which would result in the foreclosure. He & his family hired me to sell his property, which I put under contract a few weeks ago.

Sure, sometimes deals are easy, but sometimes they are filled with dramatic BS from buyer, seller, lender, agent, title, lawyers, families, neighbors, etc. Can you sell a home yourself, sure, especially here in Colorado where our contracts are boilerplate. But selling a home is an emotional experience for most people(read drama, unrealistic expectations, etc) and my goal is to guide them through the process and on to something better.

There are good and bad people in EVERY industry. Looks like to OP picked a bad one.

When I told my agent that I felt 80% of the agents weren't worth a cup of warm spit he said my number was on the low side. When I asked him to recommend a marriage counselor to help me through the ordeal, he said usually it was him. The good ones earn their money.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If I ever say any of that shit with a straight face, you have my permission to kick me in the nuts.
    There you go. Givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I am learning a lot from this thread.

Just put my house on the market a few days ago.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters