Thread: Casting Calls

Casting Calls

So they film a ton of movies in ATL and the daily emails I get from the local rag list the casting calls they have for extras, bit roles, and even some larger parts, etc. This one caught my eye today for Fast and the Furious 7 (They really made 7?!?! of these fucking things?) Apparently Capt. Ron is in this one.

- F&F needs a 9-to-11-year-old version of Vin Diesel. Your kid (or you, if you're a child who is reading this) may get a haircut. Gotta be "ethically ambiguous." Email info + photos to Fast7ATL@gmail.com with the subject line "Young Dominic."
    I figure the collective here has a 9 to 11 year old mentality and is very ethnically ambiguous. Shoot em an email.

Oh, and this is filming down the street today too:

I still call it The Jake.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Someone was running a game of "Fast and Furious 7 still shot or Christian Rock Album cover" baristas might not fit...

Doesn't Jeff Daniels have his own show building treehouses now?

What the hell does "ethically ambiguous" mean? Especially when talking about an 11-y-o actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    What the hell does "ethically ambiguous" mean? Especially when talking about an 11-y-o actor?
    Someone who looks ethnic, but not so much so as to be identified with a certain minority group.

Guess it was meant to say "ethnically" as opposed to "ethically"? aka a nice way of saying "... not_______, _______, or _______"?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesp View Post
    Guess it was meant to say "ethnically" as opposed to "ethically"? aka a nice way of saying "... not_______, _______, or _______"?
    Brown, but not distinctively so. Minimal epicanthic folds, straight hair

Quote Originally Posted by Jamespio View Post
    Will burn ants with a magnifying glass; wont kill a squirrel with a sharpened stick.

Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Will burn ants with a magnifying glass; wont kill a squirrel with a sharpened stick.
    Will eat a squirrel that was killed with a sharpened stick, won't kill a dog with a maul.

fkn hilarious

Ha! Didn't even notice they were looking for ethically ambiguous, this changes everything.

Had a buddy in college who was always on the hunt for "women with negotiable virtues and morally casual attitudes".

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ha! Didn't even notice they were looking for ethically ambiguous, this changes everything.

Had a buddy in college who was always on the hunt for "women with negotiable virtues and morally casual attitudes".
    Pretty sure most of us were like your buddy. Guess you were going to church on Sundays your Sophomore year?

I learned from the master of the casting call, Pierre Woodman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Pretty sure most of us were like your buddy. Guess you were going to church on Sundays your Sophomore year?
    Nah, I was right there next to him. He just had a better way of putting some things.

I figured. Seems like he put words to what most single post-puberty males are wishing every day.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    I learned from the master of the casting call, Pierre Woodman.
    So, like most stoke pimps on TGR, you hand over cash to hire professionals then claim they are amateurs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I figured. Seems like he put words to what most single post-puberty males are wishing every day.
    It's in quotes, and Animal House rings a bell, but I'm not sure that's it.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nah, I was right there next to him. He just had a better way of putting some things.
    I transfered to a college away from home my jr year and lived in the dorms first semester. Forget morals and virtues, I was out looking for daddy issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.