Curcumin extract

It works as an anti inflammatory. I haven't taken ibuprofren or naproxen in 6 months because of this wonderful natural product. My good friend is a naturopathic doctor and recommended it to me. I use Thorne meriva 500. Quit abusing your liver and give this a try.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Be sure not to buy cerumen extract

Haha, cumin =/= cerumen.

A bunch of college athletes at the gym I go to have started taking a tsp a day as part of breakfast. Not exactly a study but several said that their joints, especially their knees, seemed to not get as sore and recover from hard training faster.

Bump this.

Looking at trying Curcumin for joint and back pain as I remain pretty active, but continue getting older somehow... Looking to cut out the damage I've been causing on my liver and kidneys from a heavy "Vitamin I" regimen mixed with moderate alcohol consumption. I looked into Turmeric but I can only eat so much curry. This stuff seems to be gaining some traction though. I also started taking glucosamine. I've never really been a supplements guy but might have to start in order to keep living the way I do.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Bump this.

Looking at trying Curcumin for joint and back pain as I remain pretty active, but continue getting older somehow... Looking to cut out the damage I've been causing on my liver and kidneys from a heavy "Vitamin I" regimen mixed with moderate alcohol consumption. I looked into Turmeric but I can only eat so much curry. This stuff seems to be gaining some traction though. I also started taking glucosamine. I've never really been a supplements guy but might have to start in order to keep living the way I do.
    Similar boat with lower leg injuries. I've been taking 1000mg of turmeric (just started) and then glucosamine-chondroitin for a bit longer. Daily. Costco carries both.

I can feel the turmeric in my stomach probably 2 of 3 times I take it, but hasn't been too annoying.

Never been a supplements person either, but there's some clinical research backing these two up and it certainly doesn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yeah, sciatica pain has been getting more frequent the last few years and I hate that heading into ski season because skiing and snowboarding definitely tend to make it flare up even more. Hopefully this, plus the Glucosamine, and some mild stretching can resolve the issue and keep me going.

Read up a little as I think I saw something that you need to have the bio-availibility type as some can't absorb and mostly just passes through. Could be the turmeric v curcumin, but just not sure right now.

not the stuff in this thread and I never bother with supplements BUT I recently got turned on to Magnesium Citrate while biking in Moab by a chiropracter on the trip. Doing the popular rides means a whole bunch of riding, I'm not used to the 6-8 hr rides so we all had some pain, she said magnesium is suposed to help with muscle pain so they got some at the health food store, I tried a teaspoon in a glass of water post ride and NO pain the next day. So I got some, I used it last night after a 6 hr sesh with the chain saw and no pain this AM, I still feel tired but no pain from sore muscles, Magnesium Citrate seems to work and its not expensive
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I heard recently that magnesium is lacking in most peoples diet. Thanks for the reminder.

edit: Guess they knew way way back in 2017 too.
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ptoms#section5
    7 Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency
    Magnesium deficiency, also known as hypomagnesemia, is an often overlooked health problem.

While less than 2% of Americans have been estimated to experience magnesium deficiency, one study suggests that up to 75% are not meeting their recommended intake (1Trusted Source).

In some cases, deficiency may be underdiagnosed since the obvious signs commonly don’t appear until your levels become severely low

I started taking magnesium for leg cramps on bike rides, helped a lot and as a bonus I sleep a lot better taking it now.

I do 300 mg magnesium caps containing magnesium oxide, aspertate, taurinate, citrate and alpha ketoglutartate. I do curry stews with turmeric and circumin spices.

yeah I'm using Natural Factors Magnesium Citrate and its a recomended 300mg hit, you put a teaspoon in a glassand it fizzes when you add water, my yoga consultant tells me you need it in the citrate form

I looked at a bunch of products at the health food store and went with the Natural Factors cuz it was the highest hit of magnesium citrate for not the most money, like 75 hits for i forget how much 30-40$ ??

apparently the "sales consultants" in the MOab health food store were so stoned they weren't much help but it all worked out eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Been taking Tumeric caps and all around multi vitamin.

Although that chili has me up and posting at 2 AM.
    watch out for snakes