Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    you guys proved skiers are the best kind of people

the check is in the mail
    I have photoespionage of TBS. Caught in the act of trying to learn Snowboarding. He isn't challenged enough with Alpine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skilif.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	246.6 KB 
ID:	147012  
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I have photochopped a pic of TBS. Caught in the act of trying to learn Snowboarding. He isn't challenged enough with Alpine.
    FIFY - Magic Carpets didn't exist on the one sunny morning long ago that I tried snowboarding. Back then lifts were rope tows, t-bars and fixed grips with long runouts, not the pussified escalators and detachable quads kids have today.

And as you well know, I am plenty challenged by locked-heel skiing.

Edit to add - You know you can't delete that video I shared with you, right?
    Last edited by TBS; 12-20-2013 at 06:21 PM.

so who was the weirdo following my wife around yesterday morning? she said he was kind of creepy.

we're up tomorrow family style...not sure if I'll be boarding or skiing, but hopefully it'll be soft
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    so who was the weirdo following my wife around yesterday morning? she said he was kind of creepy.
    Dude have Bugz style goggles, on a snowboard and drive a white truck? Had this creepo approach me in the Skyliner parking lot on Tuesday--seemed like he was tweaker or something. Right off the bat he accused me of being a "rich fuck" that "lives on the west side", which is interesting because my kit is tattered and my Subaru isn't that nice. Couldn't figure out what he wanted; he kept trying to chat me up despite me making clear that he needed to fuck off. Had an earlier encounter with him in the liftline--thought he had tourettes or was autistic originally.

...On another note, did anyone ski Bachelor today? Did the ice storm totally fuck the surface conditions? Was hoping to get a few turns in tomorrow morning.

Sky plot is where all the riff-raff hang,not that I park there. I don't see where I broke any rules TBS. We said no personal photos/videos or you get stabbed in the neck w/ a ski pole. Have fun on the hill folks. Next week TBS beers/runs my treat?
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^ I agree, you didn't break any rules. And thanks for specifying the stabbing implement...you were kinda vague before. Monday's no bueno next week, but should be free every other day.

Tap, you realize that "weird creepy males" doesn't exactly narrow the list of suspects much...

Quote Originally Posted by PowderTechnician View Post
    ...On another note, did anyone ski Bachelor today? Did the ice storm totally fuck the surface conditions? Was hoping to get a few turns in tomorrow morning.
    Went up to get my "free" day (Use a 4pack on/before 12/20 and get one free day). They shut the main lifts--Pine Martin and Skyliner-- down at 1:30 or so due to the haul lines getting iced up. They will likely have a delayed opening.

And yes, the snow that had been soft in the morning was forming a nasty crust just before they pulled the plug. The day was worth what I paid.

Eventually Bachelor got Sunrise spinning and I made a few laps,it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Eventually Bachelor got Sunrise spinning and I made a few laps,it was awesome.

Goddamn, I love that hill but it has the worst weather Ive ever skied in. I did Five seasons up there and still have wind burn, 6 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Goddamn, I love that hill but it has the worst weather Ive ever skied in. I did Five seasons up there and still have wind burn, 6 years later.
    You obviously have not spent much time at Timberline Lodge in the winter...

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    You obviously have not spent much time at Timberline Lodge in the winter...
    I know your right. The East side of the Cascades is the Banana belt compared to Hood. 10k F.L. this coming week. At least it won't R word. That Rex High block over the Pacific needs to disintegrate. I want to git some blower pow.

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hood sucks go elsewhere...

Some low angle pow phone pics:

Aside from a new years eve on mushrooms at Ski Bowl Ive never spent any time on Hood.

Sounds like you got the full experience in one night.

^^hahahaha!!! love this tribe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by superstator View Post
    Sounds like you got the full experience in one night.
    Ya dood, all time! Trying to keep my shit together in the mid mountain cabin on a beer break was tough though

Heh, many (many) years ago I dropped acid at Timberline lodge during a full moon...

NYE party at Hoodoo canceled.

spook Guest
    get some of them grass skis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	147150
    The inch layer of bullet proof ice that now encases much Mt Bachelor.

Bust. With the warm temps during the day and high traffic on the hill for the Holidays(?) and a fore casted dry spell the Snow pack just won't survive even with the Ice casing. However,this is not the worst season @ Bachelor. 1975-6? the hill did not open till Jan.1 with 24" of Ice.

Xmas laps roll call...
    Last edited by Tap; 12-24-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

i'm in town and want to see if any on here wants to do some touring Thursday morning to afternoon. was thinking about doing the tom dick and harry trail up to skibowl but open to anything else. nice to get out and get the legs a little warmed up