Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1566
    Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Big day today....
    Wow, big day indeed!
    My legs would have been jelly for the way down!

Thanks for posting these Hood adventures. I enjoy hearing about them!

Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:

Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot
    Great shot guys, way to get after it. Let me know if any summit plans in near future. I'll start 4 hours ahead of you and see you near the top.

Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:

Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot
    +1 sick shot

Anyone demo anything good Sunday?
    Training for Alpental

Started with skinning

then climbing

more walking

skied from close to the top down to white river head wall. dropped the packs and skied the glade trail to charlie's in govy for beer.

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Started with skinning

then climbing

more walking

skied from close to the top down to white river head wall. dropped the packs and skied the glade trail to charlie's in govy for beer.
    Noice!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums

Well done! A great trip and finishing at CMV adds major style points.

wow, nice outing

not following how the packs didn't go with you down to govy...was there a sherpa involved? or did you skin back up to the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    wow, nice outing

not following how the packs didn't go with you down to govy...was there a sherpa involved? or did you skin back up to the vehicle?
    Skied white river head wall and some of the gut, traversed out skied Palmer & mile and dropped the packs at the car. Rode the glad rand had someone shuttle the driver back.

Central Oregon mags - can you guys remind me what's the best way to access the Middle Sister area in late winter/early spring before the roads melt out?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Central Oregon mags - can you guys remind me what's the best way to access the Middle Sister area in late winter/early spring before the roads melt out?
    Pole Creek Spring trailhead.

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Pole Creek Spring trailhead.
    Thanks!!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

It's was somewhat damp @ Bachelor today but hey it's an outdoor sport. They was more than a share of nitwits and creatons on the hill. Got hit in the head w/ the bar almost stabbed by a ski pole and of course your 20 car pile up. There must be putting something in the water cause I've never seen that many dip shits in the last week and the weeks not over yet. Anyway, nothing to compare with prior posts but being a Gaper what can you expect.
    Nice off the runs w/ some wind effect faceshots.

When I get scared I ski the groomers.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Last year pole creek trailhead access was closed.

Wil it reopen this year?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I've never seen that many dip shits in the last week and the weeks not over yet.
    Spring break

http://www.bend.k12.or.us/education/...ndetailid=2011

I am now in the habit of yelling SPRING BREAK!!!!! anytime I get in a near collision or see someone yard sale.

I am starting to lose my voice.
    Last edited by TacocaT; 03-26-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Dawn patrol tomorrow. Woot.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I'll be bouncing around between MHM/bowl tomorrow through sunday. on3p's, yellowish coat, blue pants. ask change if you want to turn some laps.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Last year pole creek trailhead access was closed.

Wil it reopen this year?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums
    See https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC...rdb5299503.pdf for a weekly update of trail conditions in the Deschutes NF. There's also contact info for the District offices

Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    I'll be bouncing around between MHM/bowl tomorrow through sunday. on3p's, yellowish coat, blue pants. ask change if you want to turn some laps.
    I'll be at meadows tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you

me: volkl's (either old goats or newish shiros), blue jacket, red pants, my daughters purple POC's
    fine

Headed down to oregon's more illustrious half. Anyone know of any way to get a discounted day ticket at bachelor for sat? Spring break may not help things here but might as well ask as the ol biz has been a lil slow. PM me if so.

edit: good people out there. I am covered if I can make it (logistics) happen on my end.
    Last edited by klauss; 03-27-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Was deep and heavy this morning at Meadows but still real fun unless you were one of those poor souls getting stuck everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Headed down to oregon's more illustrious half. Anyone know of any way to get a discounted day ticket at bachelor for sat? Spring break may not help things here but might as well ask as the ol biz has been a lil slow. PM me if so.

edit: good people out there. I am covered if I can make it (logistics) happen on my end.
    I have an extra Warren Miller coupon, I think it's only good weekdays. They're BOGO until April something.

I also have all the Buddy Passes on my MHM pass if anyone is in need of of a discounted Hood ticket.

went bell to bell for the first time in ages and I'm totally paying for it this morning.

fun day, plenty of new snow but it seemingly got heavier as the day went on (or I was just getting tired)

smp - I think I saw you late in the day in 4 bowl. I was busy removing the thin cover off some rocks beneath the tree chutes and couldn't catch up to you.
    fine

Bell to bell? ...you da man!

The best snow was in the JW trees yesterday ...typical cascade concrete variety but not quite the Jimmy Hoffa grade so it was still fun for awhile. I called it a day after 12:30 as it was getting too wet for my taste. Yeah, I am spoiled and ski Hood often enough to put up with the crappy snow. Coming Sunday and/or Monday looks promising.