Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1566
  1. #1226
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    12,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Big day today....
    Wow, big day indeed!
    My legs would have been jelly for the way down!

    Thanks for posting these Hood adventures. I enjoy hearing about them!

  2. #1227
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:



    Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

    At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot
    Great shot guys, way to get after it. Let me know if any summit plans in near future. I'll start 4 hours ahead of you and see you near the top.

  3. #1228
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:



    Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

    At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot
    +1 sick shot

  4. #1229
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    2,342
    Anyone demo anything good Sunday?
    Training for Alpental

  5. #1230
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    955
    Started with skinning

    then climbing


    more walking


    skied from close to the top down to white river head wall. dropped the packs and skied the glade trail to charlie's in govy for beer.

  6. #1231
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    2,415
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Started with skinning

    then climbing


    more walking


    skied from close to the top down to white river head wall. dropped the packs and skied the glade trail to charlie's in govy for beer.
    Noice!

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using TGR Forums

  7. #1232
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post


    skied from close to the top down to white river head wall. dropped the packs and skied the glade trail to charlie's in govy for beer.
    Well done! A great trip and finishing at CMV adds major style points.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  8. #1233
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    12,427
    Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    wow, nice outing

    not following how the packs didn't go with you down to govy...was there a sherpa involved? or did you skin back up to the vehicle?

  9. #1234
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    wow, nice outing

    not following how the packs didn't go with you down to govy...was there a sherpa involved? or did you skin back up to the vehicle?
    Skied white river head wall and some of the gut, traversed out skied Palmer & mile and dropped the packs at the car. Rode the glad rand had someone shuttle the driver back.

  10. #1235
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    459
    Central Oregon mags - can you guys remind me what's the best way to access the Middle Sister area in late winter/early spring before the roads melt out?
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

  11. #1236
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_Sauce View Post
    Central Oregon mags - can you guys remind me what's the best way to access the Middle Sister area in late winter/early spring before the roads melt out?
    Pole Creek Spring trailhead.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  12. #1237
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Pole Creek Spring trailhead.
    Thanks!!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

  13. #1238
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    PNWET
    Posts
    3,765
    It's was somewhat damp @ Bachelor today but hey it's an outdoor sport. They was more than a share of nitwits and creatons on the hill. Got hit in the head w/ the bar almost stabbed by a ski pole and of course your 20 car pile up. There must be putting something in the water cause I've never seen that many dip shits in the last week and the weeks not over yet. Anyway, nothing to compare with prior posts but being a Gaper what can you expect.
    Nice off the runs w/ some wind effect faceshots.

    When I get scared I ski the groomers.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

  14. #1239
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    2,723
    Last year pole creek trailhead access was closed.

    Wil it reopen this year?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums

  15. #1240
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,273
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    I've never seen that many dip shits in the last week and the weeks not over yet.
    Spring break

    http://www.bend.k12.or.us/education/...ndetailid=2011

  16. #1241
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    220
    I am now in the habit of yelling SPRING BREAK!!!!! anytime I get in a near collision or see someone yard sale.

    I am starting to lose my voice.
    Last edited by TacocaT; 03-26-2014 at 07:23 PM.

  17. #1242
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    be here now
    Posts
    4,966
    Dawn patrol tomorrow. Woot.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

  18. #1243
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    355
    I'll be bouncing around between MHM/bowl tomorrow through sunday. on3p's, yellowish coat, blue pants. ask change if you want to turn some laps.
    Your jambox is now his...by way of our actions

  19. #1244
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,730
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Last year pole creek trailhead access was closed.

    Wil it reopen this year?

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using TGR Forums
    See https://fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC...rdb5299503.pdf for a weekly update of trail conditions in the Deschutes NF. There's also contact info for the District offices
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  20. #1245
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    portland of the west
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by The SMP View Post
    I'll be bouncing around between MHM/bowl tomorrow through sunday. on3p's, yellowish coat, blue pants. ask change if you want to turn some laps.
    I'll be at meadows tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for you

    me: volkl's (either old goats or newish shiros), blue jacket, red pants, my daughters purple POC's
    fine

  21. #1246
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,490
    Headed down to oregon's more illustrious half. Anyone know of any way to get a discounted day ticket at bachelor for sat? Spring break may not help things here but might as well ask as the ol biz has been a lil slow. PM me if so.

    edit: good people out there. I am covered if I can make it (logistics) happen on my end.
    Last edited by klauss; 03-27-2014 at 10:50 AM.

  22. #1247
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Mosier, OR
    Posts
    154
    Was deep and heavy this morning at Meadows but still real fun unless you were one of those poor souls getting stuck everywhere...

  23. #1248
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,123
    Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Headed down to oregon's more illustrious half. Anyone know of any way to get a discounted day ticket at bachelor for sat? Spring break may not help things here but might as well ask as the ol biz has been a lil slow. PM me if so.

    edit: good people out there. I am covered if I can make it (logistics) happen on my end.
    I have an extra Warren Miller coupon, I think it's only good weekdays. They're BOGO until April something.

    I also have all the Buddy Passes on my MHM pass if anyone is in need of of a discounted Hood ticket.

  24. #1249
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    portland of the west
    Posts
    4,091
    went bell to bell for the first time in ages and I'm totally paying for it this morning.

    fun day, plenty of new snow but it seemingly got heavier as the day went on (or I was just getting tired)

    smp - I think I saw you late in the day in 4 bowl. I was busy removing the thin cover off some rocks beneath the tree chutes and couldn't catch up to you.
    fine

  25. #1250
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    LO Ghetto
    Posts
    275
    Bell to bell? ...you da man!

    The best snow was in the JW trees yesterday ...typical cascade concrete variety but not quite the Jimmy Hoffa grade so it was still fun for awhile. I called it a day after 12:30 as it was getting too wet for my taste. Yeah, I am spoiled and ski Hood often enough to put up with the crappy snow. Coming Sunday and/or Monday looks promising.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •