Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1566
    Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    St Patricks Flu?
    I like Green little Elfs but no. Wife brought it home from work.........Sweet day @ MHM.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by SgtSkidmark View Post
    I'm better at dodging those sneaky trees when they jump in front of me now.
    Sure you are, you are what, 6’6” primate dick? I recommend you stick to wide open bowls and leave the trees to nimble midgets (5’8”) like myself. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Ok, one down and two to go. The first estimate from “eco spectrum” was very reasonable and I liked Joel’s demeanor and professionalism …price on the other hand. Neighborhood CCR requires presidential grade shingles and I’ve a feeling I am gonna get hosed no matter who I pick. Yep, I feel your sympathy and I appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Today is the day …9” new and still falling, but all mine will be collecting dust in the garage today. I don’t even have to go in to work today but schedule to meet 3 roofers today for estimate …one of them better be a good deal!

Have fun fellows!
    You didn't miss much. The wind really had it's way with the snow last night and I think it was the windiest lift rides I've ever had on Star. HRM and upper PR had the best snow that I found.

Bachelor was great this morning, and vein into early afternoon. Found some great turns in the West Bowls.

Wind hammered would be an understatement. New stuff was not well bonded this morning, several slides in rock garden early.

Which one of you had a couple Rainiers attached to your helmet today?

Quote Originally Posted by OldMil View Post
    You didn't miss much. The wind really had it's way with the snow last night and I think it was the windiest lift rides I've ever had on Star. HRM and upper PR had the best snow that I found.
    thank you. i've been kicking myself since 9am for not going.
    fine

Tons of fun at bachelor today. Dry snow blown in to all the right spots.

^^^ And most of that dry light snow above treeline yesterday got blown to Mt Bailey by this AM. Lines above the trees were "variable" and Outback was its usual scraped clean WROD, but everything else skied pretty well with the cold temps. A good day for carving and vitamin D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	234.7 KB 
ID:	152859Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1a.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	434.3 KB 
ID:	152860

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy109 View Post
    thank you. i've been kicking myself since 9am for not going.
    i hate it when i do that. it fucks with the whole day on a level. especially if i repeatedly check cams and telemetry

Bachy: Got the goods last 2 days: What great weather. Telebobski: You're right: that stuff above timberline was scoured: glad me had a long board. Found some good in the trees. Pretty chewed now tho.

there will be a memorial Cone dawn patrol hike this Friday morning at Mt. Bachelor to remember Aaron Karitis. Leave the lot at 6:15, sunrise at 7. everyone is welcome.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i hate it when i do that. it fucks with the whole day on a level. especially if i repeatedly check cams and telemetry
    haha, i thought i was on top of storms coming in...

was going through facebook and meadows posted they had received a foot. it was 9:30am. i almost kicked my computer.
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Wind hammered would be an understatement. New stuff was not well bonded this morning, several slides in rock garden early.

Which one of you had a couple Rainiers attached to your helmet today?
    I don’t know if he was the same guy but I also saw a guy with couple of beer cans with straws hanging and a go-pro attached to his helmet yesterday …btw rock garden and skiing condition overall was decent on Tuesday. He was a good skier but those gizmos sure made him look goofy in my eyes. So what makes you think he lurks here?

Hey beer guy, if you do lurk here, show your handle, will you.

That guy has been up there all season looking like a dipshit.

spook Guest
    sinfield has been up there all season looking like a wookie

Hey, what’s with the sudden silence? This place just doesn’t have the same vibe without Jonesy, telebob, and spook hackling one another. Where you all hiding?

You may already know this but Sunday is the demo-day at Meadows with the following vendors:

“Here are the vendors: Deviation, ON3P, Lib Tech, Gnu, Never Summer, DPS, Atomic, Salomon Skis, Volkl, Armada, Oakley, Capita, Salomon Snowboarding, Arbor, Slash, Nike, K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, Ramp, Line, Rossignol, Dynastar, Burton, Fischer, Blizzard, Jones, Yes”

I did not know that Deviation is a local company, like ON3P, out of Gresham. Has anyone ski Deviation? …so many choices. Sunday looks to be hardpack spring condition until noonish and not a good day to demo unless you are looking for race-stock skis …I still like to try out a few.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Hey, what’s with the sudden silence? This place just doesn’t have the same vibe without Jonesy, telebob, and spook hackling one another. Where you all hiding?

You may already know this but Sunday is the demo-day at Meadows with the following vendors:

“Here are the vendors: Deviation, ON3P, Lib Tech, Gnu, Never Summer, DPS, Atomic, Salomon Skis, Volkl, Armada, Oakley, Capita, Salomon Snowboarding, Arbor, Slash, Nike, K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, Ramp, Line, Rossignol, Dynastar, Burton, Fischer, Blizzard, Jones, Yes”

I did not know that Deviation is a local company, like ON3P, out of Gresham. Has anyone ski Deviation? …so many choices. Sunday looks to be hardpack spring condition until noonish and not a good day to demo unless you are looking for race-stock skis …I still like to try out a few.
    There was recently a article about Deviation in the Oregonian. I would of never heard of them if my buddy didn't tell me about them a few months ago. Stayed cold for the majority of the day today with high clouds, hopefully it'll be different the rest of the weekend.

spook Guest
    it's hard to flick most people shit once they have the endorsement of jonesy. but there's still a few.

i didn't make it wednesday again for sleep issues. up till 4am can't get up at 6am anymore. other than that, swimming and bikram-ing my ass off trying to bounce back from my radtacular crash at bachelor. i continued to get more and more sore as the days went on and i definitely did a number on a recurring issue in my neck/shoulder but i'm trying to work it out. it's nothing that will keep me from riding.

that said, i've also been wading in and out of this wonderment about what happened and how many different mistakes i made and how much worse it could have been if one of the rotations head down was a little lower to the ground.

obviously, going too fast in an area that i didn't know well. made me think of my comments about group dynamics and pow fever as pertains to avalanche decision-making. group dynamics weren't really a factor as jonesy had already left, although as i noted to him i probably was pushing a little harder than normal just because i don't normally ride with other people and i didn't want him to think i completely sucked. so in a way, it's his fault.

but the first run through was my best run of the season and after that i had it in my mind that i was going to bomb that for the rest of the day or at least until jonesy got back. i'd never known how fast i can go until that day either, thanks to jonesy's app, so it's probably his fault i was going to fast, too.

i'd spend less time thinking about it if my back didn't hurt so much. bikram at 4 today. taking in the kid to timberline on sunday.

MHM rode pretty fun today - pow in the trees and wind-blown stashes, then corn all over the place. Clark rode well in the afternoon. The boy tried to climb up above Azone to claim a Chute 225 descent ("am I in 225 yet? Is this it?"). Not yet buddy, but I'm sure it will be soon.

Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:

Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Big day today: Leave car at HRM lot, start skinning at Tilly Jane trailhead, up Cooper spur to 9500 ft:

Traverse across at that altitude into the very top of Super Bowl/bottom of WyEast face, ski 5k back to HRM lot.

At around 9300 ft, Patatero realized he left the keys to the vehicle in HRM lot back at the Tilly Jane lot
    see how it is? those guys and that pic could be in a mag somewhere and everybody would be ooooooooooooooohhhhh look at those manly studs climbing the mountain. but we know at least one is a bonehead.

That was funny spook. Never the less a great photo. @ acinpdx I follow your sons ski adventures w/ interest & humor.

Was wondering of those we're tracks that I was seeing up there. What were the conditions like up there?

Quote Originally Posted by noparking View Post
    Was wondering of those we're tracks that I was seeing up there. What were the conditions like up there?
    That aspect was smooth carveable hardpack. The traverse was sastrugi most of the way. Cooper spur was a solid ice no fall zone towards the top. Crampons required. Soft pow on the south side of the spur. Awesome day, even though I did leave the keys in the wrong spot. Hitched a ride back to TJ trailhead and all was good.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    it's hard to flick most people shit once they have the endorsement of jonesy. but there's still a few.

i didn't make it wednesday again for sleep issues. up till 4am can't get up at 6am anymore. other than that, swimming and bikram-ing my ass off trying to bounce back from my radtacular crash at bachelor. i continued to get more and more sore as the days went on and i definitely did a number on a recurring issue in my neck/shoulder but i'm trying to work it out. it's nothing that will keep me from riding.

that said, i've also been wading in and out of this wonderment about what happened and how many different mistakes i made and how much worse it could have been if one of the rotations head down was a little lower to the ground.

obviously, going too fast in an area that i didn't know well. made me think of my comments about group dynamics and pow fever as pertains to avalanche decision-making. group dynamics weren't really a factor as jonesy had already left, although as i noted to him i probably was pushing a little harder than normal just because i don't normally ride with other people and i didn't want him to think i completely sucked. so in a way, it's his fault.

but the first run through was my best run of the season and after that i had it in my mind that i was going to bomb that for the rest of the day or at least until jonesy got back. i'd never known how fast i can go until that day either, thanks to jonesy's app, so it's probably his fault i was going to fast, too.

i'd spend less time thinking about it if my back didn't hurt so much. bikram at 4 today. taking in the kid to timberline on sunday.
    Moral of the story, it was jonesy's fault! I like it.

I am now blaming my tomahawk on you jonesy. Damn you!