Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1566
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Your reputation proceeds you to our humble hill. We await your arrival with anticipation and party favors. Debauchery and Mayhem will ensue.

i'll be solo for three weeks so i may have to check out what all the hullaballoo about flowing alpy is

Meadows was surprisingly good this morning. Dust on crust in a lot of places but Heather had a lot of wind deposit and skied pretty darn good if you knew where to go.

spook Guest
    no flappin my arms in heather yesterday, except wavin to the skiers as i went by on the runout.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast Maggot View Post
    Super heavy snow in Newton, and mega tree bombs everywhere. One lap and out.

Happy to have 2ft of high density spackle to prolong the spring ski season...bring on the corn
    I'm in, just have been awaiting "season" to start.

Here I am on fine drizzly Saturday morning, sipping hot coffee and surfing the interwebz for mountain conditions and checking out what TGR-hoodies are up to. Well, what else do you do on fine Saturday morning? Go skiing? Btw spook, 25K is about all anyone can do in 3.5 hours at Meadows.

I don’t know about you all but come spring time I just can’t seem to get going unless it’s one of those rare powder days. Oh, yeah, bring on the spring corns! I am looking forward to some Timberline side country action – lift served.

I hear my dog howling …I don’t know how he does it but he senses when we are about to hit the trail. Coming Spike …and I’m gonna kick your ass today even if it kills me.

Well, later fellows, I hope you all have a good one!

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Here I am on fine drizzly Saturday morning, sipping hot coffee and surfing the interwebz for mountain conditions and checking out what TGR-hoodies are up to. Well, what else do you do on fine Saturday morning? Go skiing? Btw spook, 25K is about all anyone can do in 3.5 hours at Meadows.
    i don't take breaks. non-stop from 9:15 to 12:45. so i guess 3.75 hrs. cuz track your turns doesn't count when you finish your last run.

and that includes running in to get a new pass because mine got a tiny little warp in it and quit working.

spook Guest
    the best thing was i felt like i could have gone until closing.

MHM snowed all morning, but temps were creeping up the whole time. We left around 12.30 and it was rain by the time we got from the lot to 35.

Cascade runs we're soft and the best conditions on the hill, but you needed a guide dog to determine which way to go! Elevator lived up to its name today...blind vertical descent and not a soul there...def best line of the morning. Despite the races on the hill, it was pretty quiet and easy lift lines.

Heather/jacks was soft in places but way warmer and heavier than cascade and not nearly as filled in.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    i don't take breaks. non-stop from 9:15 to 12:45. so i guess 3.75 hrs. cuz track your turns doesn't count when you finish your last run.

and that includes running in to get a new pass because mine got a tiny little warp in it and quit working.
    That's rad. How long do you think the pass replacement process took?

Oh no! Mt Bachelor estimating up to 3" of ice at the top of NW.

7:00 a.m. Update: Westside lifts will likely take all day to Storm Recover; Northwest and Outback will not open today. And due to conditions, the fat bike demos as part of the Sprintacular Celebration will not be available today as originally planned.

Original 6:15 a.m. Report: Our fears have been realized; the weather forecasts were correct. It's raining this morning and there was an ice storm overnight. Earlier in the night, we received 3-4" of new snow before a changeover to rain and freezing rain occurred. This has made a mess on the lift machinery; estimates are the ice is up to 3" thick at the top of Northwest. This means that lift opening delays or all-day closures are very likely today as Storm Recovery work will be slow and time-consuming. We will pass along additional information as we learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezingfog View Post
    Suncup weekend?

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by halfduz View Post
    That's rad. How long do you think the pass replacement process took?
    7-8 min max. there was no line, she printed the same pic and i was out again. i guess that has been a common occurrence with the new gates - if the pass gets even a little bent the scanner won't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Your reputation proceeds you to our humble hill. We await your arrival with anticipation and party favors. Debauchery and Mayhem will ensue.
    +1 Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Freezingfog View Post
    Not surprising - Saturday was fkn heavy mashers, freezing fog @ top of PMx and drizzle @ west lodge.
    But, I'm sure that you will slay the ice just fine. Will be soft carvables soon enough. Time to try the metrons.

A layer of ice over snow is one of the reasons some of the best terrain was not open today? REALLY????

Quote Originally Posted by StormRidingRulez View Post
    A layer of ice over snow is one of the reasons some of the best terrain was not open today? REALLY????
    Methinks the lift closed due to ice buildup.

spook Guest

yeah, the ice only builds on the snow on the ground and leaves all the cables and towers and such sparkly clean!

One of the reasons we pay Bachelor the big bucks is to de-ice the lifts so they can run every day. We don't expect them to de-ice the off piste terrain. Although...
    Last edited by StormRidingRulez; 04-07-2014 at 09:53 AM.

One of the reasons we pay Bachelor the big bucks is to de-ice the lifts so they can run every day. We don't expect them to de-ice the off piste terrain. Although...
    Congratulations JONG - you just set a new record for stupid that will last a long time

Quote Originally Posted by telebobski View Post
    Congratulations JONG - you just set a new record for stupid that will last a long time
    How so?

Just a half a dozen years back we didn't have this issue with lifts often closed for storm recovery. And the opening delays seem much worse now. I don't know if this is because of a change in staffing levels or a more conservative approach to getting the lifts open or another reason. But everyone I know that has been riding Bachelor for a while doesn't like the change.

I've never heard them use "ice over snow" as one of the the reasons for closing terrain off of Rainbow, Outback, and Northwest. I'm not sure why it would be mentioned as a reason.

spook Guest
    i thought you dudes were going to buy out powdr corp

But I paid my money and I want it NOW!!!!! The gaperness is strong with this one.

I think it clearly states that it was "...one of the reasons...".

Are you the same individual that has hijacked the Community Buy Out FB page with endless complaining comments?

Bach skied great today! Was able to ski Cow's a few laps as it was softening up. Didn't have time to stick around for the backside. Anyone have a report? May need to play hooky another day this week...

Oh yeah FYI there were 5 natural slides in white river that occurred sometime in the past 24hrs. All on the timberline side.

How so?

Just a half a dozen years back we didn't have this issue with lifts often closed for storm recovery. And the opening delays seem much worse now. I don't know if this is because of a change in staffing levels or a more conservative approach to getting the lifts open or another reason. But everyone I know that has been riding Bachelor for a while doesn't like the change.

I've never heard them use "ice over snow" as one of the the reasons for closing terrain off of Rainbow, Outback, and Northwest. I'm not sure why it would be mentioned as a reason.
    It's all a conspiracy to make you more butthurt.

Edit to add - Just looked at the Community Buy-out Page. Should be renamed the Bachelor Butthurt & Whiner page, because I see way more of that than any effort to put together some sort of financeable buyout. Is that FB presence part of an organized campaign to make Powdr feel so bad they will give you idiots the resort for nothing if you just STFU? Good luck