Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    My earlier post in this thread is still true. I expected to go through our breadbox sized transmission, but we're at 110K miles and it's still good.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Just retired my 00' Odyssey at 209K and picked up a 05' Odyssey. Hoping the newer transmissions are more stout. The new one still drives great at 135K miles.

Honda's haven't had transmission issues since they got rid of the 5 speed auto box. Even at that, they did a damn good job of figuring out why they broke, and making sure the fix actually addressed the root cause. The newer 6 spd auto box, and now 9 and 10 speeds are super reliable. (i believe the 9 speed box is actually a ZF unit, not a honda creation)

If you hear people scream that they keep breaking, I can almost guarantee they never actually owned one, and are just parroting crap they here on line.

If you hear people scream that they keep breaking, I can almost guarantee they never actually owned one, and are just parroting crap they here on line.
    That's pretty much what I thought. The engine is the same one they put in the Acura, so I figured they knew the stress put on it.

Just sold a ‘06 Odyssey that I bought in September. Fucking power side doors were a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just sold a ‘06 Odyssey that I bought in September. Fucking power side doors were a nightmare.
    Yup. We basically always drive it on gravel roads, and right away, I knew there'd be issues, so I try not to use the motors. I even had a total battery shut off switch mounted inside. Now I try and keep them clean and lubed.

AWD sienna for the win. See post in Nissan NV thread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    yes, yes it is.

Why would you even consider buying a minivan? Are you really that whipped by your wife and kids?

Minivans have shit gas mileage. shit handling capabilities. Are fucking ugly as fuck. And worst of all, they scream loser because you are driving a minivan.

I honestly don't understand why you wouldn't want an SUV with a third row instead of a minivan? The SUV will probably have about the same gas mileage, and be similarly priced.... but.... it will come with the added benefit of not making you look like a fucking idiot while you drive it. An SUV will also be able to handle all weather conditions better. An SUV also looks alot better.

so basically, wtf? why are you buying a minivan? Is the mrs pulling the strings here?
    no someone who makes posts like yours above is the biggest loser on the TGRs

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    go figure - 12 year old car...