Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Flylow Goat Gloves

Hot damn, Flylow has some new gloves coming out this season. I just started checking out the catalogues and was stoked.

http://www.flylowgear.com/accessories.html

Over the cuff glove or mitt in black or grey and Ridge glove in black or grey. All 3 with a 10k membrane.

Anyone fondled/tested these yet? I'm pretty set on getting a pair or two already.
    Last edited by BigHerm; 09-27-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Marshal was right.
    "Just send it you pussy."

yeah man, they are for sure grey, not white.

really nice soft goat leather.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Killer pricing. I need new mitts too.

Any info on durability or fit/functionality? They look bomber and at a killer price. about a third of hestras.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Any info on durability or fit/functionality? They look bomber and at a killer price. about a third of hestras.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using TGR Forums
    But will they be dexterous as fuck?

I figured they might be darker in person. In those pics they look really light. I see a grey mitt in my future.

They are very light grey. with a 10k/10k membrane as well. first time we have put a wp breathable liner in our gloves. werd.

Sold. Love my Ridge gloves I bought last year.

Those look sick in grey...anyone see them around the Denver area at any stores?

I see a pair of Goat oven mitts in this season's future. I was real happy with my Tough Guy gloves last year.
    I skin switch.

Aren't they Kinco's that Flylow put Snoseal on?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Aren't they Kinco's that Flylow put Snoseal on?
    They Tough Guys were, when the were originally released. I believe last year was the same design by they had a different insulation than the Kincos.

The goatskin gloves mentioned here are much, much different.

The price is right. I'd be interested to see just how warm they are. I bought a pair of 3-finger XCR Hestras based on all the DAF testimonials around here, but still struggle on cold-ass days.

FWIW, I've had $50.00 Gates gloves that were warmer than the Hestra 3-fingers; too bad they went out of business.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    They Tough Guys were, when the were originally released. I believe last year was the same design by they had a different insulation than the Kincos.

The goatskin gloves mentioned here are much, much different.
    Interesting.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Need to replace my Hestra Heli which gets saturated @ Whistler even when regularly baked. I wonder if the Upslope is the ticket?

They came in the mail a few days ago. Not cold enough to test them out yet. Went with a black Ridge and a Grey Mitt. Grey is much darker than online pics, pretty middle ground between black and white.

They come with Nikwax waterproofing wax. I'm unsure whether to use Sno-Seal or the Nikwax. I may do some experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    They came in the mail a few days ago. Not cold enough to test them out yet. Went with a black Ridge and a Grey Mitt. Grey is much darker than online pics, pretty middle ground between black and white.

They come with Nikwax waterproofing wax. I'm unsure whether to use Sno-Seal or the Nikwax. I may do some experimenting.
    Use the Nikwax. When that wears out; SnoSeal. It's what I've done with all my leather gloves. Works great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TGR Forums

does the goat mitten have finger slots inside the mitten? hopefully not, i just don't get the point of mittens with finger slots, seems to me the pt of mittens is so your fingers can share warmth together no? maybe my finger thermodynamics of mitten interworkings is all wrong. maybe this is a discussion for another thread. LOVE my tough ridge gloves. get a new pair every couple of years.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Yeah, the finger slots are lost on me too. Although the best pair of mitts that I've ever had were a pair of Burtons. Nice size cuff with sheep sheerling interior that the finger slots packed out nicely. I also like a mitt that is thin enough that I still have really good pole feel. I picked up a pair of Swany Triplex's last season on a deal that was to good to pass up. I am thinking of doing some custom work on the interior.

I've got a set of Ridge & Tough Guy gloves, I'm happy with them. I general, I think these gloves are just as good as the higher price gloves. I like how Flylow are selling the Kinco gloves. It does the job for me just fine. I would rather save money & put it toward other backcountry gear that is more important than having steezy gloves.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    does the goat mitten have finger slots inside the mitten? hopefully not, i just don't get the point of mittens with finger slots, seems to me the pt of mittens is so your fingers can share warmth together no? maybe my finger thermodynamics of mitten interworkings is all wrong. maybe this is a discussion for another thread. LOVE my tough ridge gloves. get a new pair every couple of years.
    Hestra does this on a bunch of their mittens (like Henrik Windstedt Pro) and I've never understood it, although I've never used them so I can't comment on whether still having them in the same main 'pouch' still keeps them warmer than gloves.
    go upside down.

No finger slots on Goat mittens.

I finally got the chance to test out the goat Ridge gloves at Loveland the other day. Not too cold, high 30's, low 40's pm. The gloves were definitely warmer than my packed out pig full leather FlyLows and warmer than I remember them being brand new. I attribute this to the membrane or my foggy recollections. True test is during some single digit ski days.

Good gloves, however the index fingers are both rotated such that there is a seam at my fingertips. I didn't expect these to be dexterous as fuck, and hopefully this fixes itself with use or it just doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHerm View Post
    No finger slots on Goat mittens.

I finally got the chance to test out the goat Ridge gloves at Loveland the other day. Not too cold, high 30's, low 40's pm. The gloves were definitely warmer than my packed out pig full leather FlyLows and warmer than I remember them being brand new. I attribute this to the membrane or my foggy recollections. True test is during some single digit ski days.

Good gloves, however the index fingers are both rotated such that there is a seam at my fingertips. I didn't expect these to be dexterous as fuck, and hopefully this fixes itself with use or it just doesn't bother me.
    fuck yea! no finger slots. pair ordered.
    <--- insert lude comments here.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Fit: Not so good: #4&5 finger lengths are almost the same leaving a 1/2-3/4" gap in the pinky, the index finger seam is opposite the others.
    Padding: Overkill, very bulky
    Function: TBA, need some multiple powder days (don't we all).
    Bottom Line: Bring back the Cloudveil Ranger or stick with the Marmot Randonney

I have a pair of the Hestra help lobster gloves and used a pair if the regular heli gloves for 6 seasons until I lost them. Went through a pair or two of new liners, but if you keep them away from your ski edges, they last forever...so soft. Had a couple cuts superglued...never had problems with wet gloves, but I am in CO.

Anyhow, the lobsters are def warmer, and I don't mind that the loners have fingers...it is only the insulation which is not air tight or anything and the heat circulates inside the gloves.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)