Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Was this ski at the SIA? Just spoke to me local P.C. dealer, and they have no plans to bring it in. I'm looking for a pair in 184.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I just picked up a pair of the 174cm MX 98s. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs after dinner. The ski does NOT have any rocker or early rise whatsoever, square tail just like the MX 88s.....no hollowtech in the tail. It has as much camber as my old Igneous FL's. Difference being these have 2 sheets of metal. It's truly an amazing ski, but you're gonna wanna stay away from it if you don't care for burly skis. Very consistent flex. Simply blast through shit. If you're not on them they will take you for a ride. Reminds me of the original Asteroids.

I just had to bump this old thread since I finally scored a pair of these for Xmas this year and finally got them mounted and took them for a spin. Holy shit can these fucking truck! I think I'm in love. Haven't tried them in anything soft yet since it hasn't snowed here in a week but these are amazing. If you do your part these skis will do whatever you want them to.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kastle2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	805.9 KB 
ID:	196374

Me too

I'm switching to these next season. I'm killing Bonafides way too fast...

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I'm switching to these next season. I'm killing Bonafides way too fast...
    there are none left. They made these two years ago for the last run. You might be able to find a pair or two on line, but otherwise they are no longer making them

Maybe the Head Monster 98 in 191 would be a good substitute?

;(

Found a couple pairs of 194s! Bought a pair from a shop in New Hampshire, they should be in Jackson by the end of this week. I'm giddy excited!

In case anyone is looking their are a pair of 194s on the wall of the shop that moved into the old Pepis at the base in Jackson. Powder7 also has a pair of 194s for sale on their website.

If these are what I'm hoping they are, I might have to grab a second pair. No more Bonafides for me!

My knee is toast, so I got the 184. Great ski, lots of pop, no speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    My knee is toast, so I got the 184. Great ski, lots of pop, no speed limit.
    I debated getting the 184, but after talking to a few people who have skied both and have skied with me, they suggested I get the 194. I have a pair of 190ish GS skis that I have skied around, I'm hoping the 194s are a little more manageable.

I debated getting the 184, but after talking to a few people who have skied both and have skied with me, they suggested I get the 194. I have a pair of 190ish GS skis that I have skied around, I'm hoping the 194s are a little more manageable.
    you will psyched. Pepi's closed? didnt know that.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    you will psyched. Pepi's closed? didnt know that.
    Yep :-/ Rumor was they lost their lease on the White House and called it a day. The Pepis shop under the Hof is where the new shop is. Appears to be the same gear, Kastle, Fisher, Stockli, but with new owners.

Some decent prices for the MX 98 here-

http://www.powder7.com/Kastle-MX98-Skis/for-sale

I have a pair of the original 194 squaretails I am thinking of letting go to free up some cash. excellent condition, 25-30 days in AK. pm if interested.
    "Shredding the Gnar Like the Cowboys We Are"
    www.alaskaheliskiing.com

Bump, i am down to my last couple pair. I have one pair in the wrapper, and one that i used last year before the lockdown.

Anyone have some they want to get rid of?

The new ones look nice but are super soft and only goto a 187 ( i think).

I knew this day would come.

Bump, i am down to my last couple pair. I have one pair in the wrapper, and one that i used last year before the lockdown.

Anyone have some they want to get rid of?

The new ones look nice but are super soft and only goto a 187 ( i think).

I knew this day would come.
    I think I saw a first gen pair of 194s on eBay that look to be in pretty good condition. I prefer the second gen so I passed on them.

The new one skis pretty good for how short it is.

My current pair has 30 days on them and I have a back up pair. Sorry I can’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I just looked, only a 174 available. Oh well

I just looked, only a 174 available. Oh well
    Sorry bud. Have you tried the new 102mm Volkl? Looks like it could be a possible replacement. It’s got a bit of tip rocker I think, which I believe isn’t your thing, but it might be close.

A few people have grabbed first gen 194 MX 98s who i don’t think will like them. If they pop you for sale and I see them I’ll shoot you a message.

Sorry bud. Have you tried the new 102mm Volkl? Looks like it could be a possible replacement. It’s got a bit of tip rocker I think, which I believe isn’t your thing, but it might be close.

A few people have grabbed first gen 194 MX 98s who i don’t think will like them. If they pop you for sale and I see them I’ll shoot you a message.

Bump, anyone want to sell?