Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    to Loveland you probably seem like you're just a another handful of weirdos
    I'm pretty sure I've already established myself as an ingrateful douche. Please don't sully the reputaion I've worked so hard to acquire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    Let Loveland be Loveland, a low key local ski hill. Leave the hoopla for the Destination Resorts on the other side of the divide. There is nothing worse than just wanting to go skiing, pulling into your resort of choice, and seeing a banner saying; “Today we are proud to host the Red Bull exXxtreme……..whatever”. It means parking and lift lines are fuct.
    You are pretty damn clueless to exactly what a banked event entails huh? Cause if you had a clue, you'd realize that banked slaloms are the antithesis to anything red bull gets behind. In fact, Dead Balls would NOT be allowed on the hill that day as far as I'm concerned. Banked events are low-key and mellow and wouldn't ruin your precious in-bounds ski experience. Think of it like a pond skim, but with banked turns and no pond. Its all about fun. There's nothing extreme about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    Exactly, where at LL do you guys want this thing?
    I think the ideal spot would be the gully under lift 9 that runs lookers left of the headwall #4.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

If it means so much to you, why don't you organize the thing? Go talk to your industry friends about sponsorship, figure out and document the beneficial economics, and present a business plan for it to Loveland.

Otherwise to Loveland you probably seem like you're just a another handful of weirdos asking for some event that they scratch their head for 5 minutes about the value of and then forget about.
    You are on point about both issues.

Someone asked on Facebook what are we to look forward to from Loveland this year, this was Loveland's response, "Hi Joe! We are expanding the Basin Cafeteria and adding 320 more seats..Adding restrooms to the top of Chair 2, adding food & bevg services to the cabin at the top of Chair 2 and adding another magic carpet. Hope you're enjoying your summer! See you soon."

Capital improvements are basically only on their minds. So both of your points are valid to the situation.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Fer realz tho;

Banked slalom might be the one format that I'd be likely to participate in. Well, that and dual format moguls, but only so I could go head to head with pbourdon.

Sellers has always been a stand-up guy in my limited dealings with him, and I'll just throw it out there, that you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. Loveland is going to look at the bottom line when considering putting on any event; feasability, and return on investment. It probably wouldn't take much to cat out a course and promote the event, but insurance could be a hassle, and that could be the real stumbling block. To be honest though, I wouldn't know the first thing about trying to organize an event like this, but I think if you did most of the heavy lifting as far as recruiting spancers, figuring out logistics, expected participation, lift ticked & food and beverage sales, as well as positive PR for Loveland, they'd have a harder time turning you down.

Of course the other side of that argument is; isn't all that what marketing guys are supposed to do? I guess the short answer is; not really. That's what special events coordinators are for. AFAIK, Loveland doesn't have a designated position for this, so the responsibility falls to whoever can find time, or whoever's bright idea it is, to make it actually happen.

I'd like to see this thing happen, participate, whatever, and would be willing to help out by donating my mad graphicz skillz for advertising, and won't hesitate to talk it up to every poor schlub who has the misfortune of riding a chair with me all season!

Poor schlub: Are those water skis?
    BTS: Dood, have you ever participated in a banked slalom? It's uber-rad and guaranteed to get you laid brah!!!

We found our Ad guy, there's a start.

How not to make this like all the other Banked Slalom's? Ideas? Otherwise, I feel like we are "just having another Banked Slalom", oooh, look, Loveland can copy the Banked Slalom.....

During SIA, tons of Pros are here. People are usually too stoned by 12PM to be useful, so send them up for a afternoon Slalom race? Could be a stupid time too, but just throwing out ideas.
    Terje was right.

^all competitors must compete in mini-skirts and mullets. Prizes for best costumes, free season pass for best time over-all.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    ^all competitors must compete in mini-skirts and mullets. Prizes for best costumes, free season pass for best time over-all.
    That's kinda what I'm thinking...people could dress all ridiculous, or not, I don't care; but it's funnier if they do. And the idea of prizes for costumes as well as best times is good too. Shit, the winner of the Baker Banked gets a golden roll of duct tape, a sweet carhartt jacket, a new board and maybe some loot?

Maybe I should write John again, and ask him if I get all the spansers put together would they be on board, or am I just wasting my time? And I'm not bad mouthing John personally. I've never met the guy. Only dealt with him once via email and then got 'auto-replied' to. However, there are definitely a few people around the love that have their opinions on the guy.
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

I could make an Xtranormal to pitch the idea. He seemed to like the last one...

A bunch of my Killington buddies held their own "Denial Cup" two years ago, after Killington cancelled the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge after a 32 year run. Had spancers, prizes and everything. Last year Killington brought the Challenge back, without all the lame-o restrictions (no coolers, kegs or barbeques) that killed the event in the first place. FIGHT THE POWER!!!

Seriously though, if you want any help pitching the idea, let me know. Probably couldn't hurt to run the idea past Dustin and see if he has any ideas of how to market it to marketing?

PBourdon, PM your new pitch to bendtheski first as a draft and get his opinion on the tone. It can't hurt to get a different brain on the character of the pitch.
    Terje was right.

Exactly, where at LL do you guys want this thing?
    Apparently, you guys have no idea...
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Why not just build a course up on the pass in the safer, road laps areas. Shuttle riders with a school bus. Then you could build whatever you wanted without the ski area bureaucracy.

These guys did a comp up there:
    http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1...loveland-pass/

Question's already been answered.

Yeah, I mentioned in the OP that we'd run it down the gully directly under chair 9 lookers left of the headwall area. Tried to quick-reply to your question the other day, but apparently my browser doesn't like the quick reply feature.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Why not just build a course up on the pass in the safer, road laps areas. Shuttle riders with a school bus. Then you could build whatever you wanted without the ski area bureaucracy.

These guys did a comp up there:
    http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1...loveland-pass/
    That idea has crossed my mind as well. The satellite dudes were all about doing a banked at Loveland, but I'm sure they'd be stoked to incorporate it into the games. The games are arguably even more appropriate for a banked event if only because its all DIY and the resorts aren't involved at all like you said. Only thing is, then my two-plankin' pole-grabbin' friends can't compete cause the LUV games is a snowboard-only event.....which is pretty cool.
    the-one-track-mind

Yeah, we can use Loveland's Parking.....
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Well, that and dual format moguls, but only so I could go head to head with pbourdon.
    Make that a tri-format so I can get in on that sweet action

How does one build a banked slalom anyways?

Btw, I'm only participating if Hacksaw does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post

I'll pass. But, actually I think terrain parks and such things are great. They keep the kids away from the powder...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post

Ideally, you don't really need to do much building if you've got the ideal terrain for it (like Baker's gully). At the Love, the gully under 9 is a good start, but we'd probably need several people to lap the course every day for a week or so before the event to get the course laid in, and getting a cat in there to push snow around a little would be a big help. But in lieu of getting a cat in there, a little shovel power from interested parties would go a long way to augmenting the burms built up from lapping the course several times with several people. If Satellite can build a 14ft+ quarter pipe on the pass and dig out a re-entry hip on the ironing board, surely we can build a banked course. Its just a matter of whether or not enough people are interested in it do lend a hand.
    the-one-track-mind

If it means so much to you, why don't you organize the thing? Go talk to your industry friends about sponsorship, figure out and document the beneficial economics, and present a business plan for it to Loveland.

Otherwise to Loveland you probably seem like you're just a another handful of weirdos asking for some event that they scratch their head for 5 minutes about the value of and then forget about.

Don't forget to pony up the cash for a new rider on their insurance policy to cover a special event.

probably need to have your own insurance - might need a FS special use permit or have it run by FS - not sure how they handle events & insurance on NF land at LL
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

It would be so nice to just have an area where people just skied....

Keystone, is the Disneyland I'd go to if I wanted terrin parks and Banked slaloms

Come visit the biggest little ski area on earth. Nothing big. Everything fun. No real estate. No condos. No nothing. Just skiing.

It for sure is not a terrain park feature, whomever is assuming that, is either really old, or can't ski.

Think a F1 Race course with slalom course "gates", now, banked, so you can rail turns like if you were standing or turning on a waterslide. One of the most fun things to ski ever.

All participants signing insurance waivers would work too.
    Terje was right.

And for what it's worth, its a one time event that could be rolled into the spring fling activities that already take place. For god sake, they marry people at Loveland, and you're bitching about a one time thing creating a disneyland like atmosphere? I don't think you understand the culture behind a banked event. It is not a recent development, but they have recently come back into style as so many riders are sick of chucking their meat over icy jumps so red bull can cash in on the ad revenue. Plain and simple, it'd be a one time thing no different than the New Belgium scavenger hunt, or any other event they run already. Disneyland....sheeesh..
    the-one-track-mind

<<Eyore>>

It'll never work.

<<Eyore>>

It would be so nice to just have an area where people just skied....
    So what I'm hearing is that we should get rid of ski racers too? I am all for this now! (although I'm still bummed you won't be participating in the Bourdon Banker)