Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Records View Post
    So what I'm hearing is that we should get rid of ski racers too? I am all for this now! (although I'm still bummed you won't be participating in the Bourdon Banker)
    * raises hand*

I am all for getting rid of early season onslaught of ski racers thinking they have a closed hill.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

So what I'm hearing is that we should get rid of ski racers too? I am all for this now! (although I'm still bummed you won't be participating in the Bourdon Banker)
    I too would like to see the race brats at just the valley.

Sorry, banked tracks are for the younger set...
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
    It would be so nice to just have an area where people just skied....
    Exactly! If they take the gully under 9, what will be next? Bennett's Bowl, where they'll set up an area specifically for snow-based paddleboarding?

Sweet f'in jeebus. Its a one time event. We're not going to have it up all year, we're not gonna take away your skis. It won't turn Loveland into Disneyworld. Its one weekend in the spring. It no more ruins a run than moguls do. Wow....a bunch of codgers around here these days. *shakes fist* you kids get off my lawn *shaking cane*

Last edited by pbourdon; 09-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Any interest in a Baked Slalom?
    Oh wait, there's already one of those at the Luv every day of the season!

Stay "safe" my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. Skull View Post
    Any interest in a Baked Slalom?
    Oh wait, there's already one of those at the Luv every day of the season!

Stay "safe" my friends.
    True enough, but now we can run it for shits and grins AND prizes. Not to mention get to watch a whole shitload of other people run it and have fun too. The event is about stoke plain and simple. Its about having a good time with your friends and celebrating the ski season and the culture of the mountains, particularly Loveland.

I really think people would have a great time and if done right there would be no "disneyland" atmosphere, just good times at Loveland.
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

I agree. I don't even think the format is as important as the ability to have more people participate. I'll bring up Killington's mogul challenge example again, since that also came at the end of the season, and was/is as much fun for the spectators as for the participants.

I would love it if Loveland had an event that didn't favor one particular discipline or mode of snow sliding, so I could razz everyone I know, intimidate them into competing, and then blow up spectacularly on my own run, leaving no doubt about what a complete hack I am!

Then I'd immediately start talking shit about how I was robbed by the judges, (even though there won't be judges) and how I'm going to kick everyone's ass next year. At least that's how I used to roll at K-mart...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I actually kinda like that idea. Bumps and banks. One favors skiers, bumps, one favors boards, tight steep banks. Throw in a table at the end, or maybe a pond skim. Mandatory keg stand before start.

Now you're getting it. Although, if there were to be a bump comp that same weekend that should run down #1. Still, I think skiers could run a banked event no problem. And that way, we (boarders) could be there to cheer them on on their day and they can be there to jeer/cheer us on on ours.
    the-one-track-mind

Screw a slalom race. Let’s just build a kicker on the Face and see who can jump I-70

Bumps should be incorporated into the banked slalom course, along with the jump over I-70, or at least a shark tank filled with electric eels, and a man-eating lion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

screw a banked slalom, I would much rather Loveland bring something back resembling the 3-pin-grin except open it up to everyone (not just telemarketers) and move it over from cats to the liftline under chair 1.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    screw a banked slalom, I would much rather Loveland bring something back resembling the 3-pin-grin except open it up to everyone (not just telemarketers) and move it over from cats to the liftline under chair 1.
    This will be my 4th season at the LUV so that must have been before my time. Fill me in: Rando race?
    the-one-track-mind

Hehehe, I'm just imagining the amount of carnage involved with people racing down Chair 1 on downhill skis. At least on tele skis you are seriously handicapping yourself. That being said I'm always in for carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Bumps should be incorporated into the banked slalom course
    Man, despite the fact that this is all fantasy at this point I really hope it works out. A spring time bumps and banks event would be sooooo fun!

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I would be so in for that!

except open it up to everyone
    Does this include soul-bladers?

Bumps and Banks 2014

loosely organized word of mouth, on hill party. Banks will be held in that lower gully under 9 and Bumps right next to the lift on 9, down the steepest part of the south chutes. From there the Bumps course can be watched top to bottom. and the Banks, being longer anyways, will end-run right into the bumps party. Massive sunbaked (or pow baked) day. We get patrol in on it ( big beer/pizza donation) to provide some general order and stupidity corrections.

At the end of the day, we are just word of mouth and some ropes to makes sure joe public does not "make a wrong turn". No entry fees, donations only to the patrol fund. After the first year, maybe it will catch on?

Can't be that hard..... eh?

Date should be after the big resorts close, then we assure more Kooks show up.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    Screw a slalom race. Let’s just build a kicker on the Face and see who can jump I-70
    Build it and they will try it.....
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    This will be my 4th season at the LUV so that must have been before my time. Fill me in: Rando race?
    http://www.skiloveland.com/events/3-pin.aspx

Does this include soul-bladers?
    everyone and anyone

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    This will be my 4th season at the LUV so that must have been before my time.
    Wait..... You're convinced that we get no snow and always have a shitty snowpack and you've only spent 3 seasons here? Give it a minute Paul.

As far as your idea for an event, More power to ya! Just know that it's hard to hold a course based event up anywhere above treeline at Loveland. One overnight wind event, or god forbid it snows while said wind event is occurring, and all of the hard work put into building your course is erased. It's difficult enough to keep the south cat road clear in the ridge, and there's a reason the amount of snow in that gully next to 9 fluctuates so much. One day it's knee deep powder, the next day there's a wind-scoured ice bulge there........

Or the weather and conditions could be absolutely perfect and everyone has a blast. Who knows?

My two drunken cents, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Wait..... You're convinced that we get no snow and always have a shitty snowpack and you've only spent 3 seasons here? Give it a minute Paul.

As far as your idea for an event, More power to ya! Just know that it's hard to hold a course based event up anywhere above treeline at Loveland. One overnight wind event, or god forbid it snows while said wind event is occurring, and all of the hard work put into building your course is erased. It's difficult enough to keep the south cat road clear in the ridge, and there's a reason the amount of snow in that gully next to 9 fluctuates so much. One day it's knee deep powder, the next day there's a wind-scoured ice bulge there........

Or the weather and conditions could be absolutely perfect and everyone has a blast. Who knows?

My two drunken cents, carry on.
    While all of this is true...even my complaints about the snow here given my short residency, if held in the late spring there's less chance for heavy winds (if only slightly) and there SHOULD be enough coverage in the gully to run the event. I figure we'd actually start it lookers left of the ice bulge in that little clump of trees people air into that area. If Baker, a place that gets 650"+ can hold a banked event during a storm (and they have), so can we! Good to hear from you stranger. Looking forward to the upcoming season, even if it does mean a layer cake snowpack.
    the-one-track-mind

A banked slalom at Loveland sounds fun. Should build it up like Ditch's ditch (providing there is snow) at da village with huge hips.

I JUST WANT SPILLWAY ON OPENING DAY OMFG WTF