Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    No, the hot milf's kid lost his socks. She put an old pair on the boy and sent him out.
    Hot AND smart? You lost me
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

says the guy who's either:
    A) not getting laid
    B) fucking an ugly pig
    or
    C) fucking an idiot

good going kid
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    says the guy who's either:
    A) not getting laid
    B) fucking an ugly pig
    or
    C) fucking an idiot

good going kid

JC..seriously?...it's a joke

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

This is timely. I have been complaining that the new HS girls lax team which is only a booster team this year. The hope is they become official. Anyway I have been complaining that the girls should be at least passing the ball around to get used to each other for a while now. They come from different club teams where they are comfortable with the teams. So they gave me field time, nets, a bag of balls and told me to have at it.
    Question is do I run plays with them (I may not end up being the coach next spring) or just have them run some kind of passing drills? What about conditioning, spring is a long way off will they lose it. What about defense drills will the "real coach" have a different view on D?
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    This is timely. I have been complaining that the new HS girls lax team which is only a booster team this year. The hope is they become official. Anyway I have been complaining that the girls should be at least passing the ball around to get used to each other for a while now. They come from different club teams where they are comfortable with the teams. So they gave me field time, nets, a bag of balls and told me to have at it.
    Question is do I run plays with them (I may not end up being the coach next spring) or just have them run some kind of passing drills? What about conditioning, spring is a long way off will they lose it. What about defense drills will the "real coach" have a different view on D?
    i know fuck all about womens lax, but fundamentals are something that everyone agrees on. Catching and throwing on the run, moving to the ball. ground balls, fast breaks, shooting. As for defense, again, fundamentals of clearing, and footwork. As for plays, kids can remember lots of stuff, if you have stuff drawn up, teach them.

First, make sure you are covered for liability. Do you have CPR training and safety clearance? Definitely start with serious conditioning to send the message this is real practice.

I've coached where a new coach comes in and replaces the offense. It can be difficult for you and the kids so I would stick with drills and scrimmages until the coaching is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    i know fuck all about womens lax, but fundamentals are something that everyone agrees on. Catching and throwing on the run, moving to the ball. ground balls, fast breaks, shooting. As for defense, again, fundamentals of clearing, and footwork. As for plays, kids can remember lots of stuff, if you have stuff drawn up, teach them.
    ^This. Passing and catching (especially on the move) is an excellent way to build trust among new teammates and is critical in generating goals in unsettled situations (which is where good women's programs really make their money). The star drill (with one or two balls) is great for kids who have good, but not great, stick skills and is more fun than traditional line drills.

If you think they're ready to scrimmage, consider playing half-field and have the defense play without sticks - reduces opportunity for injury and gets them in the habit of playing defense with their feet.

I've coached HS and Community College women's athletics and there was one thing that was very different than the men. Women take their personal issues into the game all the time. The ugly woman doesn't like the pretty woman so she won't pass to her. Drives me crazy. Men are good at setting aside personal issues on game day.

Women like the concept of team better than men but are much worse executing as a team because they let little things bother them.

No stick D that sounds like a good one. Thanks
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    ^This. Passing and catching (especially on the move) is an excellent way to build trust among new teammates and is critical in generating goals in unsettled situations (which is where good women's programs really make their money). The star drill (with one or two balls) is great for kids who have good, but not great, stick skills and is more fun than traditional line drills.

If you think they're ready to scrimmage, consider playing half-field and have the defense play without sticks - reduces opportunity for injury and gets them in the habit of playing defense with their feet.
    one thing about the women's game that I'm not clear on is the inability to get the defensive body between the shooters stick and the goal. No-stick D drills are great. How the hell do you teach someone how to maintain a position between the stick and goal if you cant be between the stick and the goal??

another fun game at the beginning of the year, especially if they don't catch & throw well is to play ultimate lacrosse (disc rules ultimate) with a playground ball. The concepts of the game can be easily taught when your weak players aren't so focused on not dropping the ball. Positioning, creating space, etc..

Move the goals to the mens restraining box and scrimmaging on a short field works well. that way you have a center line for staying onsides

one thing about the women's game that I'm not clear on is the inability to get the defensive body between the shooters stick and the goal. No-stick D drills are great. How the hell do you teach someone how to maintain a position between the stick and goal if you cant be between the stick and the goal??
    Full Disclosure - I probably know far less than you do about women's lacrosse. That said, I think the idea is that a defender can't impede the theoretical flight of a shot with her body while inside the scoring area, but can use her body to force an offensive player in one direction or another (without being between the head of the ball carrier's stick and the goal). My neighbor coaches his girl's club lacrosse team (middle school level) and all I've really gleaned from his answers to my many questions is that the best bet for the defense is to intercept or knock down passes.

My 4th year coaching hockey...best kid quote ever tonight. 6 yr old gets ratted out for cutting the line.
    Me: "You have to get to the end of the line where you were"
    6 yr old: (calm and serious) "This is really a small issue" (refusing to move)

I coached my kid's U11 team for a couple years. Good luck with teenagers.

This book was pretty helpful. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=321216643664

My 8th grade stepson plays hoops for a couple teams. One is a CYO league. Yesterday an opposing coach yelled "Thats fucking bullshit!" about a foul call. T'd up, ejected, crazy lady parent gets up and starts swearing at the top of her lungs. T'd up, ejected.

When this happened, our team was down by 6. after one of our players hit 7 of the 9 free throws as a result of all the technicals and the original foul, we were up, and went on to win. Way to go coach.

That was reported to me by my wife; I was busy refereeing a pre season high school lax tournament where after calling a slash on a kid for throwing a wild one-handed wrap-check, he called me a "piece of shit". Pre season, 40 minute scrimmage, zero consequence. Hated to have to report him to the assigner over a game of no consequence. You really shouldn't swear at the officials. ANother ref got told to fuck off, and after he ejected the player I noticed that the kid that said it had "Team First" written on a piece of athletic tape and stuck to his helmet. Indeed.

Kids these day. Adorable

Hated to have to report him to the assigner over a game of no consequence.
    Reporting some smart ass brat would bring me great joy. Shouldn't be required if the coaches had any self respect and discipline. If I had a kid do that he'd be lucky to play again.

there is no anonymity anymore. I took the number off his helmet, googled his team, went to Max Preps, got his name, went to FB and confirmed that the face matched the number...

My 8th grade stepson plays hoops for a couple teams. One is a CYO league. Yesterday an opposing coach yelled "Thats fucking bullshit!" about a foul call. T'd up, ejected, crazy lady parent gets up and starts swearing at the top of her lungs. T'd up, ejected.

When this happened, our team was down by 6. after one of our players hit 7 of the 9 free throws as a result of all the technicals and the original foul, we were up, and went on to win. Way to go coach.

That was reported to me by my wife; I was busy refereeing a pre season high school lax tournament where after calling a slash on a kid for throwing a wild one-handed wrap-check, he called me a "piece of shit". Pre season, 40 minute scrimmage, zero consequence. Hated to have to report him to the assigner over a game of no consequence. You really shouldn't swear at the officials. ANother ref got told to fuck off, and after he ejected the player I noticed that the kid that said it had "Team First" written on a piece of athletic tape and stuck to his helmet. Indeed.

Kids these day. Adorable
    It's sad to see that progression - kids learn it from the coaches/parents. Coaches/parents in youth games act like fools and disrespect the refs. When the kids get to high school they use that behavior as a model and do the same thing.

I coached in a U9/U11 preseason lax "tournament" this past weekend and saw some similar behavior from coaches/parents. No scoreboards, no timeouts, officials getting training for the upcoming season, yet some coaches/parents couldn't keep themselves from shrieking at the refs and other coaches. There were two parents on another field who had to be physically separated.

I cannot understand what causes an adult to get so emotionally involved in a youth sporting event that he/she resorts to profane personal attacks on a stranger in public.

I cannot understand what causes an adult to get so emotionally involved in a youth sporting event that he/she resorts to profane personal attacks on a stranger in public.
    Their dream being crushed. The dream of their spawn, which they held back a year in Kindergarten, getting a full college scholarship to Princeton to play some fucking unwatchable sport that the white man adapted from the Iroquois.

It makes the sane go insane.

I got talked to league commissioner into instituting an apprentice coaching plan.
    Now i get to have the new guy return all the emails and get the forms filled out, winning.

The lax people do seem a little nuts. I don't let my kid play lax, he's way to violent for that sport.

I was volunteer asst. coaching my son's soccer team last year. One kid seemed to have some real talent but only ever grabbed the ball and tried to dribble all the way himself. I chided him to "come on give me a pass" repeatedly during a game. He flipped me off while yelling "fuck you" loud enough the ref yellow carded him.

The club, under fear of what the parents might do if they did so, wouldn't even let the head coach suspend him for a game in punishment.

I quit coaching that team.

I blame the parents - they all want golden opportunities but never any negative consequences for their spoiled little shit bags. If my son ever exhibited that sort of behavior I would suspend him myself, take away other of his favorite activities/privileges, and have him make a written apology.

Quote Originally Posted by smitchell333 View Post
    I quit coaching that team.
    Head coach was a pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Head coach was a pussy.
    Well that is true too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Their dream being crushed. The dream of their spawn, which they held back a year in Kindergarten, getting a full college scholarship to Princeton to play some fucking unwatchable sport that the white man adapted from the Iroquois.

It makes the sane go insane.
    I don't think that's it. Most parents understand the long odds of DI lacrosse scholarships and spending 2 in the box isn't going to crush any dreams. It's like some folks feel some vicarious indictment of their genetic makeup or their ability to raise a child when a stranger/referee corrects their kid in a game situation.

I don't think that's it. Most parents understand the long odds of DI lacrosse scholarships and spending 2 in the box isn't going to crush any dreams. It's like some folks feel some vicarious indictment of their genetic makeup or their ability to raise a child when a stranger/referee corrects their kid in a game situation.
    Agreed, I think it's more of the "help I'm being oppressed" variety of angry. If your kids are laxing (especially if it's the off-season tournament
    Type) , odds are you are pretty wealthy and used to things going your way most of the time.

On the other side of spectrum: when coaching a summer lax tournament team I had a parent come up and berate me & his son for not telling his kid how shitty he really was, in front of all the teammates and parents assembled.

We were a bad team (rejects from the Super select team), his kid had an aircast on his strong arm (just cleared by Dr to play with it) and couldn't play D as a result so I had him at midfield.

Dad wanted me to explain why he even bothered to come watch the game, that his kid wouldn't make varsity playing like this, and that on the HS girls STATE CHAMPIONS basketball team he coached he would just bench the kid.

Was very proud when I calmly told him to come walk with me away from group, then proceeded to tell him it was a developmental team and no quality coach or human being would do what he just did in front of everybody else. Also that he wasn't the fucking coach and he can be an asshole with his own team, but not here.

I was really amazed by the whole thing... Yelling at refs is one thing, but this was a whole nother level. Felt awful for that kid.

I dunno, its like the lottery. People seem to understand the odds, but still play it. And if its not D1, then they want the kids to play in HS, and to do that they feel they need to amp it up earlier.

I coach youth baseball and one mother told me her 10 year old really wants to play pro baseball one day, so she asks what should she be doing now? I told her to move the family to the Dominican Republic. Fortunately, baseball in my town plays 4th fiddle to soccer, lax and Playstation4, so I don't get nearly the number of crazy parents that those sports do.