Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    And it is so fucking warm. I rennet jogging down for Dawn patrol being just a tad chilly in my board shorts until I hit the water and it felt like a bath. As soon as that sun came up, the beach was toasty. Have fun.
    Did it generally get blown out in the PM, or did conditions stay good most days? I assume the sebreeze is kind of a cross/off on the S facing breaks?

Since we're staying about 30 mins north I doubt I'll be down there in the early AM with a crew of non surfers in tow

We were there in February, so different.

There was a classier period in the morning, maybe until 11am or so. Then a slight sea breeze would develop. Cross off for sure. Not horrible. And it would typically glass off an hour before sunset.

I surfed early mostly because I had a two year old and in laws back at the condo and could get in a decent Dawn session and meet them for breakfast. We were in Punta Mita so it was maybe a 15 minute drive.

Ugh this thread is killing me. Longest stretch without a MX trip for 10 years.

Well that was a fun trip. With a group of 2 non-surfers and 2 beginners I was able to get out for at least an hour every day of the trip. Surfed at lancha and sayulita - both fun waves in my opinion, at least for what I was looking for after not surfing for a year.

Swell was super small our first 3 days, but was nice to get my shoulders going again. Picked up and stayed around 1.5-2@18 for the remainder of the trip. Only did 1 day at la lancha with the bigger swell, and that made it about shoulder high on the sets. Had my most fun day of surfing in a few years last Tuesday.

The rest of the week the group wanted to stay closer to our lodging so I surfed both the L and R in Sayulita. The vibe on the R was super chill one day, really competitive the next - kind of weird to figure out why, but as long as you give most set waves to the locals I didn't have any issues. My beginner buddy did get yelled at for getting in the way though. On the L there was never really a crowd, but that reef was scaring me a bit as the tide got low. Not Hawaii sharp, but not SD flat and mellow either.

As advertised the food was amazing and cheap and the vibe is off the hook. Would 100% go back.