Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43
Results 1,051 to 1,061 of 1061
    skibrd, that sounds bizarre. You say you sold ‘all’ your Protests right? The symptoms you described were for one pair of Protests?

I’ve owned or currently ski GPOs, Quixotes, Ullrs, 9D8s, Backcountrys…no decamber issues. 190 lbs, kinda hard on skis so I tend toward Heads and the metal lam Volkls.
    Improve your AT boots with the StrapOff. Itís Maggot Approved.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Anyone find the touring equivalent of the protest? Similar shape, a little less weight, etc I always enjoy ski touring on mine but itís hands down my heaviest set up. Just curious to hear peopleís experience with similar style ski. I ski my wifeís BMT122 and gives me a similar feel
    My touring equivalent of the protest is a protest in the ultralight layup. ~1975g so pretty lightweight for a ski that size.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    ^Uuuhh yeah, the wootest was made for exactly that. Check praxis website and extensive threads on it here

FWIW I have a pair and while they are similar, they donít ski quite the same
    I had a pair of the wootest and no, they didnít ski like a protest. Just floating the question because you donít know if you donít ask.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    My touring equivalent of the protest is a protest in the ultralight layup. ~1975g so pretty lightweight for a ski that size.
    What length is that for? Skiing attributes pretty similar?

What length is that for? Skiing attributes pretty similar?
    187, and I havenít been on a stock version so I canít comment on that. I would guess that it skis similarly but is less damp due to the weight savings, Iím sure thereís other folks on here that have been on both.

Ive got both a 192 protest and 187 wootest. Protest is pretty great. Wootest less so. Partially ive decided i want my ski in the woo's quiver slot to be better in firmish snow. But that's just me.
    But you know I probably should have gotten both skis in the longer length. I'm good with the protest in 192. Woo wasn't available in a similar size.

Anyone find the touring equivalent of the protest? Similar shape, a little less weight, etc I always enjoy ski touring on mine but itís hands down my heaviest set up. Just curious to hear peopleís experience with similar style ski. I ski my wifeís BMT122 and gives me a similar feel
    My solution was just light skins and light bindings (SSL 2.0, I might have bought them from you?) on a 196 Protest. Will still weigh less than my 192cm Praxis Yetis with Comforts/Verticals which was once my primary touring set up. We had all that cold smoke pow recently in the Selkirks/Cabinets and it pushed me for a superfat touring ski, now that I mounted them it probably won't happen again for 3 years. Seriously though, breaking trail in `18-36" of cold smoke demands a fat ski.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    skibrd, that sounds bizarre. You say you sold Ďallí your Protests right? The symptoms you described were for one pair of Protests?

Iíve owned or currently ski GPOs, Quixotes, Ullrs, 9D8s, BackcountrysÖno decamber issues. 190 lbs, kinda hard on skis so I tend toward Heads and the metal lam Volkls.
    It happened on my Protests, Super Freerides, and Quixotes. Didnít keep the other pair (or two?) around long enough to see cause I didnít like them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skied 2í of upside down pow friday on my 192 4 flex protesteses. Yup, still slaying like always.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Skied 2í of upside down pow friday on my 192 4 flex protesteses. Yup, still slaying like always.
    My 192 4 flex killed in LCC many times the past few weeks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1828D12C-00F6-495E-9476-A6CA0BE6E387.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	400385

Upside down and wind affected snow is no match for protest. Of course it excels in pow but in crap snow made me a hero

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (0/2)