Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16
Results 376 to 398 of 398
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Any salt lake mags wanna make my protest dreams come true? Ugly topsheet but hey
    Topsheet aren't too bad in person, I have the same pair and everyone in the lift line seems to love them.
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Protest got some Blister love in their yearly review. Still holding strong after all these years against how many newer/modern skis?

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,844
    Got some work of art veneer 192 from CascadeLuke today. Man these are going to be sweet.
    Had 187 carbon but these 192 flex 3 veneer seem like perfect balance. Canít post pics due to error with app
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (2/4)

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    708

    Praxis Protest..just how cool is it?

    Hell ya! Glad to see youíre stoked. Thatís a juicy pair for sure - they look great in person. Rip-it & stick-it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1775.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	960.9 KB 
ID:	252671

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Hell ya! Glad to see youíre stoked. Thatís a juicy pair for sure - they look great in person. Rip-it & stick-it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1775.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	960.9 KB 
ID:	252671
    Oohh those are pretty

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Cross-posting this.

    Managed to get a pair of Protests off a buddy of mine for my upcoming trip to Japan. It has inserts for Dynafit Speed Radicals which we were pretty sure would be money for me when we discussed it. Turns out my new boot has a smaller BSL and the mount is just barely too long

    The agreed upon sweet spot is pretty large for this ski right? I remember reading something like +2 to -2? Hoping I can reuse either the toe or heel holes. Skis also have one previous Dynafit mount that has been plugged, hence why I'm hoping to reuse some of the current inserts.

    Also, what's the easiest way to figure out what year they are. Weight and dimple potentially? Pictures available if that helps.

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    Cross-posting this.

    Managed to get a pair of Protests off a buddy of mine for my upcoming trip to Japan. It has inserts for Dynafit Speed Radicals which we were pretty sure would be money for me when we discussed it. Turns out my new boot has a smaller BSL and the mount is just barely too long

    The agreed upon sweet spot is pretty large for this ski right? I remember reading something like +2 to -2? Hoping I can reuse either the toe or heel holes. Skis also have one previous Dynafit mount that has been plugged, hence why I'm hoping to reuse some of the current inserts.

    Also, what's the easiest way to figure out what year they are. Weight and dimple potentially? Pictures available if that helps.
    Just how much too short is your bsl? If only a few millimeters, it could be possible to reuse the holes with Plum Guides. They match the Dynafit holes but will get the heel more forward. (Plum heel has to be adjusted rearward to fit the same bsl boot as Dynafit even though they're using the same holes)

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by SoooL View Post
    Just how much too short is your bsl? If only a few millimeters, it could be possible to reuse the holes with Plum Guides. They match the Dynafit holes but will get the heel more forward. (Plum heel has to be adjusted rearward to fit the same bsl boot as Dynafit even though they're using the same holes)
    The pins had made contact with the heel from what I remember, so fairly close. I'll have to slap them back on after work and measure.
    That would put me a bit front of center though, will need to check that as well.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Current to mount would put me at +3.5 which is more than I imagine I want.
    Going to try moving the toe and messing with the heel mount to use those holes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazzamatazz View Post
    Current to mount would put me at +3.5 which is more than I imagine I want.
    Going to try moving the toe and messing with the heel mount to use those holes.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Thatís waaaay to far forward. Most like this ski on the line or like me, mounted back 1.5-2cm.
    If you cannot find a spot behind the line I would look at getting rid of them.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That’s waaaay to far forward. Most like this ski on the line or like me, mounted back 1.5-2cm.
    If you cannot find a spot behind the line I would look at getting rid of them.
    Using the two rear toeholes puts me right on the line and looks like I could easily squeeze in a mount for the heel if I put the turrets fairly far back on their track. If I go back 1.5-2 though I think things get even easier with less potential conflicts, just will need a full new set of holes. It does seem like my buddy liked them forward.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Found a marking for the current mount centerline on the other ski. It was mounted at +1.

    Going back -2 gets me a good deal away from the previous inserts/plugs. On the line also seems easily do-able.

    Going to do some stewing/research as to what seems best before moving forward.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,539
    I'm back 1.5cm on my OG Hybrids. They're sweet there. Original mounts were for tele and more forward. Not as much of a fan. But, tele, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,561
    I'd recommend -1 t -2 personally. Thought my first pair were too far forward on the line

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I'd recommend -1 t -2 personally. Thought my first pair were too far forward on the line
    Yes. I agree with this.

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    6,209
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Thatís waaaay to far forward. Most like this ski on the line or like me, mounted back 1.5-2cm.
    If you cannot find a spot behind the line I would look at getting rid of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    I'm back 1.5cm on my OG Hybrids. They're sweet there. Original mounts were for tele and more forward. Not as much of a fan. But, tele, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I'd recommend -1 t -2 personally. Thought my first pair were too far forward on the line
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Yes. I agree with this.
    And there it is, the elusive ďconsensus ď.

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,057
    -1.23 cm for me was perfecto on 187s. Schizos helped dial it for me.

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    And there it is, the elusive ďconsensus ď.
    Great! Will shoot for 1.69 back from the line.

    Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    4,844
    So reused holes from previous owner on my 192. Put me at like -1.4 and I really think that it wonít matter since these are just so sweet and fat.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

    So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....


    Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

    8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16

    2018/2019 (2/4)

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    ....I really think that it won’t matter since these are just so sweet and fat.
    Correct.

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mighty Maine
    Posts
    115
    Just realized I should mount my Shifts instead of Speed Rads since I won't be reusing any of the previous inserts. Turns out their footprints are vastly different and doesn't look like I'll have any conflicts from the line to -2.
    Come wisdom is to leave old inserts in rather than pulling and plugging yeah?

  22. #397
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,057
    Inserts are already sealed. No reason to remove them unless you have a conflict.

  23. #398
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    708
    Iím in the -1.5 to -2 camp. Had about -1.5 on a pair last year. Went -2 on new set this year - both 192s.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •